So where is Caithe at the moment?

Swift.9567

If I had to guess, Caithe probably went home to mourn ...and find new purpose.

! After all, her duty to the Commander is fulfilled, her Wild Hunt is complete, the secret burden of knowledge she carried about the Sylvari has finally been shared, her relationship with her lover is conclusively over, she could not save Faolain from herself, her maniacal 'father' has been successfully slain, and his threat averted. Add to that she is still reeling from the rift of distrust she created with the guild when she stole Glint's egg.I think she has some things to deal with before we see her again.

Caithe was not used [when this was the PERFECT moment for her to regain trust with everyone thanks to her being a Sylvari and not Human], Kasmeer and Marjory are not used [even when the whole point of the ending to PoF was that Marjory pops up], the rest are completely forgotten about in the final battle cause the Commander orders them to fall back with Rytlock [and we MISS THE ENTIRE BATTLE, the same battle that has been built up since the Season started btw] and, of course, dear old Joko that everyone wanted so desperately to be added to GW2 was reduced to getting his awakened self eaten by a teenaged dragon.

The entire season so far has been full of huge missed opportunities.

Caithe probably has to meditate about a lot of things right now. She has completed her Wyld Hunt. What now?Will she try to aid the recovery of the mother tree?Will she go on a solo adventure?Will she instruct newborn Sylvari in the art of stealth?I guess she has to cope with the seemingly endless possibilities, since her original life goal has been fulfilled. She might join Dragon's Watch, or even the Pact, where she could become Pact Commander under Logan Thackeray, which might lead to an interesting competition/cooperation between pact forces and Dragon's Watch.

On a related note, I wonder what the in universe effect of the Guild Initiative has been so far. Will there be NPC guilds to help or hinder us along the way?

Considering that Caithe swore to guard Aurene with her life, and how that seemed to be the task that would restore faith in her, I was already rather upset that the writers ignored her in PoF after Aurene had run off to try and save the PC, and there not being a single mention of her since does disappoint me. Plus, she's one of the few characters that I (as a sylvari main) have any positive feelings for. Certainly moreso than the new crowd and utter tossers like Gorrik or Livia.

Who cares? Like really...

She does what she wants and has no master to follow. She is not at Dragon's Watch's so she has no responsibilities towards us anymore while Aurene makes her own choices so Caithe would be a hypocrite to force her to stay in Tarir.

Also it seemed like the Luminate also understood that- the whole Tarir did.

Caithe was certainly not killed by Aurene- you need to make the "Always Time for Taimi" to find out- Taimi even says that Caithe was doing her best to ease Aurene's mind after her brother's death.

She can go where she wants and do what she wants as long as she doesn't want to kill an elder dragon- what would destroy the world.

@Ephemiel.5694 said:No one knows what Caithe does [even when, as a non-human and Canach there, her addition to the Living Story would have fit perfectly and Canach's sarcastic self would make for some funny moment].

Canach would stop being such sarcastic if he would be near her.

She is the Firstborn so he must be respectful, also she saved his life together with Faolain so he owes them-especially Caithe-a lot.

Caithe will be for sure introduced at some point (Kralkatorrik) and every other member of Destiny's Edge too- kinda hope we'll be able to contact with Eir and Snaff- their ghosts.

@"Arden.7480" said:Canach would stop being such sarcastic if he would be near her.

She is the Firstborn so he must be respectful, also she saved his life together with Faolain so he owes them-especially Caithe-a lot.I don't know about that... He didn't seem to respect her much in LS2 and HoT. Also, the HoT events should have put them all on a relatively similar level, I guess? Canach and Caithe were both very much involved in killing an Elder Dragon. IMHO that should have a stronger impact than who was born slightly earlier.However, the Sylvari in general seem to grow up over time. So maybe we can expect a little more respectful and civil behavior from both of them, compared to LS2.

And I still kind of believe that whenever Caithe is needed in the story again, she is going to just un-stealth right next to the PC. So she was "with" Aurene the whole time, like she promised, and she just didn't see any need to interact with any of us. As far as I am concerned, she can just stay stealthed for a few more years at least. Storytelling-wise her absence is kind of strange, but personally I don't miss her at all. Quite the opposite, really.

Maybe she went to tie up the dangling plot thread of Malyck and that mysterious other tree. Alternately, maybe Taimi secretly kidnapped her and is grafting bits of Scarlet Briar's remains onto her, in an attempt to bring back her fallen hero. Or maybe her new wyld hunt is to knit a nice sweater for the Pale Tree, a task which might take a while.

@Arden.7480 said:

@Ephemiel.5694 said:No one knows what Caithe does [even when, as a non-human and Canach there, her addition to the Living Story would have fit perfectly and Canach's sarcastic self would make for some funny moment].

She is the Firstborn so he must be respectful, also she saved his life together with Faolain so he owes them-especially Caithe-a lot.

Caithe will be for sure introduced at some point (Kralkatorrik) and every other member of Destiny's Edge too- kinda hope we'll be able to contact with Eir and Snaff- their ghosts.

This is Canach we're talking about. He'd give 0 kittens to respecting her simply because she's a Firstborn, that's his thing.

@Ephemiel.5694 said:

This is Canach we're talking about. He'd give 0 kittens to respecting her simply because she's a Firstborn, that's his thing.

"It would be hard for me to blame Caithe for her actions while Mordremoth was alive..." ~Canach

He sounded as somebody full of empathy and respect.

He must have thought about Caithe for a long time and he realized he could be in the same, complicated situation as Caithe.

Remember Canach from season 1?

If he deserved forgiveness, Caithe- for the sake of old time, should not be punished- as Canach said- for her actions when Mordremoth was alive.

Rytlock was reckless freeing the Spirit, but the commander understood that he was exhausted, wanted to have his fiery sword back.

I think the commander learned to be forgiving for something what his allies do wrong thanks to Caithe.

The leader must be respected, must show his leadership, but when the leader sees that somebody did something wrong, was controlled by some stronger thing like the dragon or being exhausted or curiosity (like Marjory), must show understanding.

Better to have Caithe on our side, than making her our enemy.

@Arden.7480 said:

"It would be hard for me to blame Caithe for her actions while Mordremoth was alive..." ~Canach

He must have thought about Caithe for a long time and he realized he could be in the same, complicated situation as Caithe.

If he deserved forgiveness, Caithe- for the sake of old time, should not be punished- as Canach said- for her actions when Mordremoth was alive.

Rytlock was reckless freeing the Spirit, but the commander understood that he was exhausted, wanted to have his fiery sword back.

I think the commander learned to be forgiving for something what his allies do wrong thanks to Caithe.

The leader must be respected, must show his leadership, but when the leader sees that somebody did something wrong, was controlled by some stronger thing like the dragon or being exhausted or curiosity (like Marjory), must show understanding.

Having respect because he understands what she went through isn't the same as being forced to respect her because she's a Firstborn.

@Ephemiel.5694 said:

Having respect because he understands what she went through isn't the same as being forced to respect her because she's a Firstborn.

i agree with that, canach do not respect the firstborn because they were first. he respects individuals and those have a lot more hardship to gain his respect if they happen to be firstborn sylvari

@norbes.3620 said:

i agree with that, canach do not respect the firstborn because they were first. he respects individuals and those have a lot more hardship to gain his respect if they happen to be firstborn sylvari

That said, though, just because Canach respects someone doesn't mean he'd be respectful. He still gives the Commander a hard time every chance he gets.

Archived