Gaining access to the maps — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Gaining access to the maps

I appreciate that the ideal way for people to gain access to a new map is to play the Story and get onto the new map the normal way.

However, given the bugs with the second instance and the delays that caused in gaining access to the new map is there any chance that a standard method of accessing new LS episode maps could be added to a vendor in Lion's Arch or some other universally accessible location in the future?

This could be a black market vendor that always sells the current LS episode's Portal Scroll, for example, or who "smuggles" the player onto the new map for a fee.

Comments

• Vavume.8065Vavume.8065 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 3, 2018

I think it makes sense the way it is, do the story once until you reach the map, buy an (Ironically currently bugged) portal scroll then you can get all your alts there. There should not need to be a workaround for bugs, there should not be bugs preventing you from reaching the map, the fact that there was is what needs to be fixed in the future.

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

Oh I agree that removing the need for something like this would be best and gaining access through the story is my preferred method.

However, the facts are that there were similar issues at launch with PoF and some people continue to suffer from disconnections in story instances (often during any kind of cut-scenes). Having a method like this would alleviate a lot of the frustration for people who just want to play the new map until those issues are finally resolved.

It's also worth noting that this functionality would be like Teleport to Friend but without the need for targeting a random commander or guildmate (or actual friend ;) ) in the map. I have over a hundred of those myself but not everyone does.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.