Ascended Gear

spartan.5804

Hey, just coming back to the game after a long tine (played a bit at launch).I'm looking to gear my ele - which basiclly means ascended berseker (want to give weaver a shot).What are my options for getting this gear (weapon, armor, trinkets etc)?Thanks.

You can get ascended from world boss drops, fractals, wvw, pvp, but most importantly crafting. Best way to find the best way is to look at the gw2 wiki which is rich with information.

Depending on your resources, crafting is the fastest way. Wvw is the cheapest. Drops are very few and far between and should not be expected as a proper way to get ascendeds.

Buying exotic gear from the tp is a great way to get to know if you like a gearset. They're only a couple percent worse than ascended.

Armor and weapons - Crafting, plus doing fractals is the fastest way to get them. Especially if you have the gold to purchase ascended crafting materials to speed up the process. Most recipes can be purchased from crafting merchants in every city, but some can only be purchased from regional merchants in expansions content. As you are aiming for berserker gear, this isn't an issue for you

Trinkets - You can buy them with fractal-related currency and/or by spending laurels.

Go to Lions Arch and enter Mistlock Observatory (fractal HQ). There you will find merchant golems that sell almost all the items you might want/need.

@kasoki.5180 said:Armor and weapons - Crafting, plus doing fractals is the fastest way to get them. Especially if you have the gold to purchase ascended crafting materials to speed up the process. Most recipes can be purchased from crafting merchants in every city, but some can only be purchased from regional merchants in expansions content. As you are aiming for berserker gear, this isn't an issue for you

Trinkets - You can buy them with fractal-related currency and/or by spending laurels.

Go to Lions Arch and enter Mistlock Observatory (fractal HQ). There you will find merchant golems that sell almost all the items you might want/need.

ascended trinkets are also available with wvw claim tickets, just like armor and legendary armor

To me, the first set for ascended is easiest to craft. Where this is a fairly large gold sink, it opens up other means of aquiring the gear. Fractals is one of the easiest ways to aquire ascended gear but it requires full ascended already to get it relatively consistantly. Raids are another option but without raid experience it can be hard to get raid clears or join a static group.

@nexblackheart.3471 said:To me, the first set for ascended is easiest to craft. Where this is a fairly large gold sink, it opens up other means of aquiring the gear. Fractals is one of the easiest ways to aquire ascended gear but it requires full ascended already to get it relatively consistantly. Raids are another option but without raid experience it can be hard to get raid clears or join a static group.

uhh. isnt the first one the hardest then? after you got your first, more options to obtain more open up...thats what you said, right?

@RedShark.9548 said:

@nexblackheart.3471 said:To me, the first set for ascended is easiest to craft. Where this is a fairly large gold sink, it opens up other means of aquiring the gear. Fractals is one of the easiest ways to aquire ascended gear but it requires full ascended already to get it relatively consistantly. Raids are another option but without raid experience it can be hard to get raid clears or join a static group.

uhh. isnt the first one the hardest then? after you got your first, more options to obtain more open up...thats what you said, right?

For the first set it is the easiest. After that it is the hardest. Cause you need ascended gear to get ascended gear in fractals

@nexblackheart.3471 said:

For the first set it is the easiest. After that it is the hardest. Cause you need ascended gear to get ascended gear in fractals

what the kitten, then the first set is the hardest to get...because after you managed to get your first, you then got more options to farm them, so it becomes easier to get a second, third and so on set

Fastest for me is farming and crafting. On set 6, 3/6 of wupwup while the wvw set i started at the same time is only on 2/6. I also do my time gates every day, as they are used for both normal crafting and grandmaster marks.WvW is cheaper, but I find i could probably farm a couple of sets before i could complete one wvw set.Unless we have another XP week of course.

@saloja.7920 said:You can get ascended from world boss drops, fractals, wvw, pvp, but most importantly crafting. Best way to find the best way is to look at the gw2 wiki which is rich with information.

Depending on your resources, crafting is the fastest way. Wvw is the cheapest. Drops are very few and far between and should not be expected as a proper way to get ascendeds.

Buying exotic gear from the tp is a great way to get to know if you like a gearset. They're only a couple percent worse than ascended.

This is FALSE. WvW is not cheapest. Raids are always cheaper. I think PvP and fractals are both also cheaper.

Archived