Renegade is what Revenant should have been baseline

Knighthonor.4061

Renegade is what the Revenant should have been baseline. Can't help but notice, that the concept of the Renegade mechanics is actually what the base class needs.

It addresses some of the many complaints we have about the lack of skills that legends have, and also fixes the issue that Revenant face when trying out new Elite spec but unable to use utility skills of the legend since they have to be unlocked, but without skills the legends themselves are useless.

The idea is this.Like the Renegade mechanics, each legend gets a unique set of F2, F3, F4 skills that address the need of that legend.

For example, the Ventari F2, F3, F4 skills can be more self healing oriented with defenses and the utilities stay as is which is more outgoing healing and Support for allies.

These F2-4 skills change when you change legend.

What's your thoughts on this?

Imo this would make Revenant far more fun to play.

With the high energy cost they come with. It's useless, nobody are going to use it anyway.

Baseline of revenant are and have always been Herald. It's such a beautiful spec that syncronize perfectly with revenant energy/upkeep system.

Consuming energy alone to use skill and we just become crappy version of thief because we have cooldown and they don't. Or crappy version of enginner since we have energy and they don't.

@Vehn.8317 said:With the high energy cost they come with. It's useless, nobody are going to use it anyway.

Baseline of revenant are and have always been Herald. It's such a beautiful spec that syncronize perfectly with revenant energy/upkeep system.

Consuming energy alone to use skill and we just become crappy version of thief because we have cooldown and they don't. Or crappy version of enginner since we have energy and they don't.

All legend skills besides upkeep have high Energy cost as is. Still makes for a great addition to what the class can do.This gives us more tools to use for different situations and more choices to use energy on rather than the current set of preset legend skills.

@Vehn.8317 said:With the high energy cost they come with. It's useless, nobody are going to use it anyway.

I disagree. I used herald a bit when HOT launched but I've only used it since for playing the buff bot in group play and as a lazy mans swiftness when covering long distance. I spent most of my time runing a more condi oriented build and found malax/jalis far more useful and most of herald traits are not so good if your not runing glint.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

All legend skills besides upkeep have high Energy cost as is. Still makes for a great addition to what the class can do.This gives us more tools to use for different situations and more choices to use energy on rather than the current set of preset legend skills.

Utility skill, yes. It's okay to have high energy if it's effect worth the cost. That's what other legend has.

Herald/Glint are the only one that has F skills and it cost next to nothing to use it. Even when it has energy cost, it has to be worth the cost.

But Kalla's F skills are neither. the F2 are useless on combat, F3 has riddiculous energy cost for a single AoE. And F4 are short buffs with long cooldown and large energy cost.

@Merendel.7128 said:

I disagree. I used herald a bit when HOT launched but I've only used it since for playing the buff bot in group play and as a lazy mans swiftness when covering long distance. I spent most of my time runing a more condi oriented build and found malax/jalis far more useful and most of herald traits are not so good if your not runing glint.

That's what Elite spec are. It give you a completely different playstyle from base class.

Revenant base class already has condition/direct damage combination.

Herald break away that pattern by being an OP buff station that fit with both playstyle.You don't have to like it, but it give revenant more playstyle option for people to use.Some people love being helpful without much effort, the option are there for people not like you.

Renegade doesn't. It's a ranged, weak, energy black hole version of malyx with useless ranger's spirit that refuse to be summoned on puddle or underwater or uneven terrain.

Archived