Permanent Volatile tools!

unbound magic tools have always been sold together too. But you can buy the glyphs on tp.

I know unbound tools channels for longer to harvest more content in nodes, which works well with glyph of bounty. 33% chance for extra strike. But any such thing for the volatile tools?

@LucianDK.8615 said:I know unbound tools channels for longer to harvest more content in nodes, which works well with glyph of bounty. 33% chance for extra strike. But any such thing for the volatile tools?

The animations (on Dulfy) appear to be different (UM vs VM tools), so I'll guess that the channeling times & aftercast are too. For the axes & picks, it seems that there's a single channel, after which 3 (or 4) strikes are executed. However, it appeared that ore (and logs) started entering her inventory before the end of the channel. (Could have just be latency during her streaming.) #needs-more-testing

For the sickle, she was close to a couple of plant nodes only one of which was gathered, but couldn't tell from the video if she was within harvesting distances of each. (She moved afterward; not clear if that was to get a better angle or habit or she wasn't close enough.) #needs-more-testing

@LucianDK.8615 said:unbound magic tools have always been sold together too. But you can buy the glyphs on tp.

I know unbound tools channels for longer to harvest more content in nodes, which works well with glyph of bounty. 33% chance for extra strike. But any such thing for the volatile tools?All the mining/logging tool do that now. And i'm not sure how may that affects the glyph of bounty chance, as (as far as i know) it is per actual strike on the node, not per channel length.(as in, for normal node you have 3 strikes regardless of tools, for rares you have 10 whether it's 4-4-2 or 3-3-3-1).

@LucianDK.8615 said:no, something is different with the unbound set. for example the plant sickle it has a very long channel time, but gathers a lot more than a mere molten sickle that have a super fast swingtime.

The unbound harvesting tool in particular gathers all plants from a node in one go. Since most plant nodes only give one strike, it's only really relevant if you're hitting a node that gives multiple strikes (like guild hall synthesizers).

@Quarktastic.1027 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:no, something is different with the unbound set. for example the plant sickle it has a very long channel time, but gathers a lot more than a mere molten sickle that have a super fast swingtime.

The unbound harvesting tool in particular gathers all plants from a node in one go. Since most plant nodes only give one strike, it's only really relevant if you're hitting a node that gives multiple strikes (like guild hall synthesizers).

Untrue, it does work well with glyph of bounty. Plenty of times ive gotten several extra plants due to it

@LucianDK.8615 said:

Untrue, it does work well with glyph of bounty. Plenty of times ive gotten several extra plants due to itYou have a chance for extra strike per actual strike, not per animated one. Which means you get the same number of chances regardless of tool used. So, one base chance per normal node, 3 base chances per 3-strike node (but look below).

Yes, you can get several additional strikes on single-strike node, but that's because additional strikes from glyph also can trigger glyph.

@Sariel.2143 said:If you buy them, can you equip it on all characters? Or is it just for one? They look pretty :3

I believe them to be account bound which means that you could move them from character to character (most people use the shared inventory slot for this), but you wouldn't be able to equip them on all of your characters at the same time... if that's what you were asking?

@LucianDK.8615 said:

Untrue, it does work well with glyph of bounty. Plenty of times ive gotten several extra plants due to it

Indeed it does work well together.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

What I mean is, if the node gives you multiple strikes (glyph of bounty etc.) it will gather all of them at once (harvesting nodes can have a max of 4 strikes). So if it does trigger your glyph of bounty, you'll get all of the materials at once, rather than having to hit the node again.

On that note, it's actually faster than the consortium sickle if you get two or more strikes from the node.

Im deciding if I should get these permanent tools and also which to get. From my research I think consortium (or molten) sickle is the best sickle but dont know which axe/pick is best. Those that do multi-strike and then offer another "side benefit" seem to be best. So which multi-strike tools outside UM/VM tools offer the best benefit? I personally think 1 vm per strike is a minuscule return when just doing great hall once per day which takes <15min gives ~700vm i.e. UM/VM tool doesnt offer much over the significantly cheaper unbreakable set which also needs to be bought all 3 at once and I like consortium sickle and want buy the other 2 individually.

Archived