outfit's from gemstore to skin sets

hi playerswanna talk about the outfits from the gemstore as u already know some are nice most of them are ok but not perfect for our personal wishes or even worsesince i play gw2 i like to mix of difrent pieces from all sets to get it right i would like to see from anet they split up the outfits in 6 unique skins so we have more stuff to play with in the wardrobe and it wil be nice i think most of us got alrdy some outfits unlocked atm and doig something like this wil also be good for the game there wil be more demand for gems so there is a gold sink or a walletsink rl

You are pretty much asking them to turn outfits into armor sets.Theyve been making a lot of outfits because they dont have the resources to making many armorsets that have to be mixnmatchable with uncounted numbers of armor sets across all the races and both genders.Far faster to create one piece outfits with a single themed look.

It would be great if outfits were made into separate armor pieces, as personally I never use outfits due to their lack of customization, I feel they are for people that lack the imagination to create their own look, and no one will ever win fashion wars wearing an outfit.

I would be happy if they at least made armor versions for the boots.But is not going to happen.Outfits are the prime product now, armor is never going to recover its original relevance. Just keep going, staying to watch is even more sad.

@Vavume.8065 said:It would be great if outfits were made into separate armor pieces,

Sure, even ANet agrees that would be great. The problem is that it takes something like 9 times as long. Outfits don't have to match with any other skins except itself; armor pieces have to be compatible with every possible piece in the five other slots. That's not just clipping, but physics and design. And both outfits and armor have to work within the existing mechanics, that include how it flows when characters run (or walk), use swords (or shields), swim (or mounted).

Outfits are more efficient economically, by far. They help fund the game, including ANet's ability to release additional armor sets (i.e. pieces of armor).

So we're never going to see all outfits converted to pieces. And given that, I personally would rather see armor sets that look nothing like existing outfits, so that there's more variety.

In the long run, the most useful thing we can tell ANet is what sorts of armor sets (or outfits) we'd like to see, since the ratio of outfits:armor-sets is unlikely to change any time soon.

@"joneirikb.7506" said:

• Able to Disable shoulders on outfitsWe can do this on select outfits (depends on the design).

• Optional: Use own hat skinThis won't ever be possible. Outfits are, in effect, a fifth weight of armor and, like light|heavy|medium, can't be mixed with the others without a ton of fundamental re-work of the underlying mechanics. (The fourth weight is "town clothing" which we can no longer use in game.)

It might look like Outfit O can work nicely with Headgear H, since we can hide the top part of O, but it's still not compatible in the current state of the game.

Hat (But I'm mostly find with just disable)We can do this on select outfits (depends on the design).

• Optional: Disable glovesWe can do this on select outfits (depends on the design).

• Some better/more dye channels on clothing tonics (And Baltahzar)The dye channels are awkward on a lot of outfits.But, in ANet's defense, they are also awkward on a lot of armor pieces.

Aware.

I just want them to be consistent on disable hat/shoulder/gloves on all outfits. I realize they won't go back and do this on existing outfits (shame), but really really wish they did forward.

And some of the color channels are just really weird on some outfits, especially the old clothing tonic ones (pants and chest main color is the same most of the time, really limiting your ability to mix colors). Just hoping they one day go back and change that.

This gets asked for about once a quarter. It hasn't happened for the six years I've played this game, and I doubt it ever does. > @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Vavume.8065 said:It would be great if outfits were made into separate armor pieces,

Sure, even ANet agrees that would be great. The problem is that it takes something like 9 times as long. Outfits don't have to match with any other skins except itself; armor pieces have to be compatible with
every possible
piece in the five other slots. That's not just clipping, but physics and design. And both outfits and armor have to work within the existing mechanics, that include how it flows when characters run (or walk), use swords (or shields), swim (or mounted).

Outfits are more efficient economically, by far. They help fund the game, including ANet's ability to release additional armor sets (i.e. pieces of armor).

So we're never going to see all outfits converted to pieces. And given that, I personally would rather see armor sets that look nothing like existing outfits, so that there's more variety.

In the long run, the most useful thing we can tell ANet is what sorts of armor sets (or outfits) we'd like to see, since the ratio of outfits:armor-sets is unlikely to change any time soon.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

Sure, even ANet agrees that would be great. The problem is that it takes something like 9 times as long. Outfits don't have to match with any other skins except itself; armor pieces have to be compatible with
every possible
piece in the five other slots. That's not just clipping, but physics and design. And both outfits and armor have to work within the existing mechanics, that include how it flows when characters run (or walk), use swords (or shields), swim (or mounted).

Yea and since light medium and heavy have diffrent rigging on were they join chest and gloves and legs/boots etc they have to do 3 armor sets for each outfit.

Archived