[QoL request] Toggle for infusion effects?

A few months ago I bought a bunch of ghostly infusions off the trading post for my character but I'm bored with the visual effects because it does not fit my new armour/outfit style. I would love when the game would give us a toggle to enable/disable the visual effects of "special attribute infusions" on our characters to allow players to disable the visuals while continuing to use the stats.

I do not have enough fractal relics to craft standard +9 agony resistance infusions with +5 attribute bonuses and I do not want to lose my current stats.

Thanks for considering!

A ghostly infusionhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i5rJW7xX8g(Not my character)

The problem stated by the OP could be solved in other ways that don't involve a new fundamental feature (currently, they don't have a lot of tools for toggling effects).

• Buy WvW infusions (works now, only outside of fractals).
  • Add a vendor to convert ghostly infusions to no-aura AR+9/Stat+5 infusions.
  • And/or add a mystic forge recipe to do that.

I'd like to see either of the last two happen anyhow, because I think it would be a useful sink for ghostly and poly-luminescent infusions (which have similar gold costs to aura-less Stat+5/AR+9 infusions), whether the resulting infusion is bound or not.

Even so, I also like the suggestion offered by the OP to address other issues.

But... if ANet is going to tackle auras, why stop at a toggle? Why not separate the aura from the infusion. (If it's done as a traditional wardrobe addition, there's a huge economic issue, since people would only need to buy one. However, if it becomes a new slot, then it just becomes easier to move around and toggling is achieved by removing the aura.)

• 2 weeks later...

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:The problem stated by the OP could be solved in other ways that don't involve a new fundamental feature (currently, they don't have a lot of tools for toggling effects).

• Buy WvW infusions (works now, only outside of fractals).
  • Add a vendor to convert ghostly infusions to no-aura AR+9/Stat+5 infusions.
  • And/or add a mystic forge recipe to do that.

I'd like to see either of the last two happen anyhow, because I think it would be a useful sink for ghostly and poly-luminescent infusions (which have similar gold costs to aura-less Stat+5/AR+9 infusions), whether the resulting infusion is bound or not.

Even so, I also like the suggestion offered by the OP to address other issues.

But... if ANet is going to tackle auras, why stop at a toggle? Why not separate the aura from the infusion. (If it's done as a traditional wardrobe addition, there's a huge economic issue, since people would only need to buy one. However, if it becomes a new slot, then it just becomes easier to move around and toggling is achieved by removing the aura.)

Options 2 and 3 would be fine for me as well, of that is easier to implement. Option one would hinder fractal gameplay as it gets rid of any agony protection.

Archived