What the Heck, Anet!!!

If you have one or two guild halls in Windswept Haven, the nodes might be a good idea to complete desert related harvesting, mining and woodcutting dailies. I haven't discovered a "fast" place to gather wood or metal in the desert itself, but it's not that much of a chore with mounts. Just go and do one or two hearts - you're bound to find some nodes along the way.

@redcomyn.4651 said:You put a desert lumberer in the daily's, today, but you have removed every lumber resource in the entire region. I have gone through 3 different areas and there was no lumber available anywhere. Is this deliberate?

Uhm... you've probably farmed those regions extensively today (i.e., after the last server reset), and there is a daily limit to all farming nodes.

:lol:

The formula for the closest node (in miles, or AU, or parsecs?) and distance between nodes in any region, especially core tyria, looks something like (pseudo):

Integer(isGatherDay) * 1,000,000

Relative to anything interesting going on in that zone, be it a world boss or popular event or repeatable heart.

Personally, on say, a logging day in Queensdale, I'd like to see SB monologue right before he dies:

"My only regret is never having become a dendrologist...uuggghh..."plants 4 trees quickly, then dies

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@redcomyn.4651 said:You put a desert lumberer in the daily's, today, but you have removed every lumber resource in the entire region. I have gone through 3 different areas and there was no lumber available anywhere. Is this deliberate?

Uhm... you've probably farmed those regions extensively today (i.e., after the last server reset), and there is a daily limit to all farming nodes.

Either this, or the common problem that you only notice something is hard to find when you need to find it. Because you are paying attention, you notice where it isn't, and start to feel grumpy about it ... where normally you would be fine. Which is why it feels legitimately like all the lumber was removed, but in reality there is the same exact amount there ever was.

@redcomyn.4651, https://gw2timer.com/ has a facility to recommend locations for dailies on the map, which may be a help finding somewhere good to farm them. If that doesn't have trees, then as pointed out here, farming too much in that location can be an issue.

Also of note, the Windswept Hall harvesting nodes do count for Desert Lumberer, and similar harvesting dailies, just as the previous two halls count for Heart of Maguuma harvesting dailies. If you don't have access to that, it may help to seek a guild in the region specifically so you can take advantage of that not-quite-cheating easy path to finishing these.

Whenever I want to do Orr mining, I suddenly can't find a single mithril node! It's just a simple case of when you specifically hunt for something, it feels like it takes longer due to your focus. So yeah whilst you wildly exaggerate and Anet haven't changed anything, I sort of get what you are saying.

To be fair, I've noticed this behaviour too, especially in core maps.It's less of a nuisance if you harvest guild hall nodes regularly, but I think there indeed might be a variable that makes it harder to find random open world nodes depending on what has already been gathered today (probably to stabilize the economy).

Desert Lumberer can be done quite fast in Sandswept. Probably in Kourna as well, though I haven't yet looked for tree clusters there. The LS3-4 maps are my go to for all Krytan, Shiverpeaks, Orr, HoT, and Desert gathering dailies. (Eg for HoT Lumber, hop to Bloodstone Fen and drop down to the camp area, lots of trees; for Krytan Miner, Lake Doric has four shard nodes in the flat lake area near the entry).

@"redcomyn.4651" said:You put a desert lumberer in the daily's, today, but you have removed every lumber resource in the entire region. I have gone through 3 different areas and there was no lumber available anywhere. Is this deliberate?

In this special case it is quite simple, as it is always the area around Highjump Ranch in Desert Highlands. Even if you do not use a mount, you will always find 4 lumber nodes just by walking a small circle around the Waypoint. If you have trouble with the daily gatherings, we contributed our experiences and knowledge HERE.

@Randulf.7614 said:Whenever I want to do Orr mining, I suddenly can't find a single mithril node! It's just a simple case of when you specifically hunt for something, it feels like it takes longer due to your focus. So yeah whilst you wildly exaggerate and Anet haven't changed anything, I sort of get what you are saying.

Malchor's Leap north east corner got a 3 hit mithril node, always few more west of it along the coast line

@Airdive.2613 said:To be fair, I've noticed this behaviour too, especially in core maps.It's less of a nuisance if you harvest guild hall nodes regularly, but I think there indeed might be a variable that makes it harder to find random open world nodes depending on what has already been gathered today (probably to stabilize the economy).

Exactly. What has been gathered by you today (and where). As I stated earlier, there is a clear limit to what you can gather per region per day.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Airdive.2613 said:To be fair, I've noticed this behaviour too, especially in core maps.It's less of a nuisance if you harvest guild hall nodes regularly, but I think there indeed might be a variable that makes it harder to find random open world nodes depending on what has already been gathered today (probably to stabilize the economy).

Exactly. What has been gathered
by you
today (and where). As I stated earlier, there is a clear limit to what you can gather per region per day.

Also seems to be affected by what has been gathered globally.It might be purely accidental, of course, but I remember scouring daily gathering maps in search for nodes, finally resorting to places with guaranteed nodes (such as rich ore nodes or Metrica potato farms), more than once.

Archived