What was your main inspiration/idea for the roller beetle? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

What was your main inspiration/idea for the roller beetle?

I know that it came from GW1 originally but I'd like to know what the idea/inspiration behind it really was.
Will furture maps be build to have some nice spots for the beetle to be of more use like for example a racing track/road?

I'm Hunter, he/him/they
Check out my Tumblr for more GW2 content if you want: http://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/
Character infos: https://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/characters

Comments

• Alga.6498Alga.6498 Member ✭✭✭✭

I read somewhere that ANet confirmed that they will add like racing tracks in core Tyria and they will def keep using the Beetle's masteries in the upcoming episodes/maps.

| Separatist | Nightmare Court | Inquest | White Mantle | Sunspears | Loyalists | Ascalon | Kryta | Ebonhawke | Elona | Istan | Kourna | Vabbi | Cantha | Luxon | Kurzick | 71 characters | "Rally to me, Ascalonians!" "Keep Ascalon in your heart." "May the Gods protect you." "Be blessed by the Six."

• Nokomis.5076Nokomis.5076 Member ✭✭✭

@Cynder.2509 said:
    I know that it came from GW1 originally but I'd like to know what the idea/inspiration behind it really was.

Nostalgia, so GW1 players stay and shove more money to them? Because from several people I've heard the story in the current episode wasn't worth waiting for it.

@Alga.6498 said:
    I read somewhere that ANet confirmed that they will add like racing tracks in core Tyria and they will def keep using the Beetle's masteries in the upcoming episodes/maps.

Then why aren't there racing tracks already for the raptor in Central Tyria? Or for the Skimmer, e.g. in Sparkfly Fen or in Orr?

Was I able to help you or give you a hint? Click on Helpful and/or Thumbs up, I would appreciate it alot!
    When you encounter a bug ingame, at first you should file a ticket via the ingame command /bug, as only this way the devs will know exactly where you were, when the bug happened.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.