''Saucy dress'' / Krytan outfit(s) — Guild Wars 2 Forums

''Saucy dress'' / Krytan outfit(s)

Alga.6498Alga.6498 Member ✭✭✭✭

Since we met our fellow noble Krytan countrymen (R.I.P. :cold_sweat:) during this episode, I just had to post this thread upon this suggestion.

For many years, me along with many others, has been requesting to bring back this beautiful longdress back, available to us players as this dress was to be seen using in Pre-launch trailers on major characters, aka playable characters.
Even the Mesmer's representative profession model is wearing this dress, (my profile picture for an example).

Assuming this longdress was intended going to be an actual light-armor, (it screams mesmer-theme!), why did you removed it back then?
Judging how it looks and how the structure's model of the armor looks like, it is similar to the light Heritage armor, with the long boots over the legs + the under dress part, having seperated shoes and upper chestpiece, just like how the ''Saucy Dress'', Krytan noble outfit looks like, I may be of course wrong but it looks like they share the same silhouette.

Along with ''Exemplar Attire Outfit'' was also seen in older pre-launch Mesmer skill trailers. Thankfully you guys actually listen to us and added this beautiful outfit to us. Can you please do the same for this outfit?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13737/saucy-mesmer-dress-suggestion/p1

| Separatist | Nightmare Court | Inquest | White Mantle | Sunspears | Loyalists | Ascalon | Kryta | Ebonhawke | Elona | Istan | Kourna | Vabbi | Cantha | Luxon | Kurzick | 71 characters | "Rally to me, Ascalonians!" "Keep Ascalon in your heart." "May the Gods protect you." "Be blessed by the Six."

Comments

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

G I V E
    I T
    T O
    U S
    N O W

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• Shanna.4762Shanna.4762 Member ✭✭

I would love to see this added, too.

• Ruadan.9301Ruadan.9301 Member ✭✭✭

Oh my gosh, that's really pretty.

• crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭

Culture Armor need some love, make these T4 Culture armors ;)

[RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Alga.6498 said:
    Assuming this longdress was intended going to be an actual light-armor, (it screams mesmer-theme!), why did you removed it back then?

I don't think they actually removed it. The original design goal, remember, was for the npc and pc armor to be interchangeable (meaning, anything worn by npcs should have been accessible to the players of same race/gender). It's just that at some point they probably decided that they aren't going to release armor sets/pieces that are only available to one race and gender, and they didn't have manpower to make 9 more versions for each NPC look.

The dress might even exist in the game. It just probably doesn't have male/charr/sylvari/norn/asura versions.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.