Episode 3 and Lady Camilla's Questionable Inventory (story spoilers) — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Episode 3 and Lady Camilla's Questionable Inventory (story spoilers)

Hey guys, I have a few questions with Ep3 and general stuff:

  • Did Aurene, Taimi and friends follow the path Braham and the Commander took to get to them or did they go through the front door and went another path? I only assume they took the latter because we didn't get a call from Taimi asking about the Commander Corpse Clones.

  • Do Braham, Rox and Marjory know about the Commander being killed/brought back to life during PoF? Rox and Braham didn't seem surprised when the Human commander casually explains that they're immune to the scarabs because they died.

  • Why do we have to buy our own ashes back? How can we have an urn of ashes? Is the Commander missing a toe now? Were we actually burnt to a crisp then reconstructed when we came back to life or do we have a new body? Is Lady Camilla selling our ashes to fans back in Tyria? Why do we have to make a banner with our own cremated ashes??

  • Are the Asuran researchers in Kourna (Siris, Emm, Tebb and Maggin) all voiced by the same person?

  • I noticed there weren't many Villager NPC's at the Allied Encampment after we took it from the awakened, did they take a one-way trip to the Moon Fortress?

  • On a scale from 1 to "Thank the Gods the Commander isn't part of the Pact anymore or I'll be stuck under a mountain of paperwork until Wintersday.", how tired is Logan after hearing about our exploits in Elona?

  • Does anyone from Tyria, aside from Dragon's Watch, know that the Commander has a dragon as an ally?

Can't wait for episode 4 :)

Comments

  • Cregath.7628Cregath.7628 Member ✭✭✭

    @DizzyMilo.7423 said:

    • Why do we have to buy our own ashes back? How can we have an urn of ashes? Is the Commander missing a toe now? Were we actually burnt to a crisp then reconstructed when we came back to life or do we have a new body? Is Lady Camilla selling our ashes to fans back in Tyria? Why do we have to make a banner with our own cremated ashes??

    A bit off. Why do you assume it's the Commander's?

    Praise Joko!

  • @Cregath.7628 said:

    @DizzyMilo.7423 said:

    • Why do we have to buy our own ashes back? How can we have an urn of ashes? Is the Commander missing a toe now? Were we actually burnt to a crisp then reconstructed when we came back to life or do we have a new body? Is Lady Camilla selling our ashes to fans back in Tyria? Why do we have to make a banner with our own cremated ashes??

    A bit off. Why do you assume it's the Commander's?

    "According to your herald, this was recovered from a legendary battle near the city of Kesho. Something about these seems oddly familiar."

    Considering the last significant place we were before we got ambushed by Balthazar was Kesho, and that the urn is used for crafting an ascended back item called "Banner of the Dauntless Commander", it kinda clicked into place that we're more or less buying ourselves back.

  • Cregath.7628Cregath.7628 Member ✭✭✭

    @DizzyMilo.7423 said:

    @Cregath.7628 said:

    @DizzyMilo.7423 said:

    • Why do we have to buy our own ashes back? How can we have an urn of ashes? Is the Commander missing a toe now? Were we actually burnt to a crisp then reconstructed when we came back to life or do we have a new body? Is Lady Camilla selling our ashes to fans back in Tyria? Why do we have to make a banner with our own cremated ashes??

    A bit off. Why do you assume it's the Commander's?

    "According to your herald, this was recovered from a legendary battle near the city of Kesho. Something about these seems oddly familiar."

    Considering the last significant place we were before we got ambushed by Balthazar was Kesho, and that the urn is used for crafting an ascended back item called "Banner of the Dauntless Commander", it kinda clicked into place that we're more or less buying ourselves back.

    This claim stands on some really shaky grounds. It could refer to the GW1 PC as well and is more likely. Balthazar kills the MC quite some distance away from Kesho and from the reaction of the party members it is clear that with got our own body back. Also, noone witnessed the battle itself as we were just ambushed when going to the meeting spot with out companions. Another thing regarding Kesho is that it's a city similar to Tarir in nature and we are the "Champion of Aurene" who is the sister of Vlast. Something about a pile of ashes from a magical place the another magical place is designed after with the same exact purpose will of course seem "oddly familiar".
    Additionally, why would the Herald even pull something like this on you? Of course, we just met her for the first time, but really, why would she? I can sort of imagine her though being a bit more... "involved" with everything that happened in Kourna than we expect.

    Praise Joko!

  • Rognik.2579Rognik.2579 Member ✭✭✭

    First off, Gaile's post at the top said that we should've kept our question threads restricted to just 3 questions, but I think we fellow players can answer some of these questions.

    @DizzyMilo.7423 said:

    • Did Aurene, Taimi and friends follow the path Braham and the Commander took to get to them or did they go through the front door and went another path? I only assume they took the latter because we didn't get a call from Taimi asking about the Commander Corpse Clones.

    It seemed pretty clear they fought their way through the front, with the aid of the ghostly army. Taimi's conversation when she walked in at the end seemed to suggest they cleared their way through the main path.

    • Do Braham, Rox and Marjory know about the Commander being killed/brought back to life during PoF? Rox and Braham didn't seem surprised when the Human commander casually explains that they're immune to the scarabs because they died.

    They probably do. Between chapters, the characters brief each other on important information so as to not bog down the instances.

    • Why do we have to buy our own ashes back? How can we have an urn of ashes? Is the Commander missing a toe now? Were we actually burnt to a crisp then reconstructed when we came back to life or do we have a new body? Is Lady Camilla selling our ashes to fans back in Tyria? Why do we have to make a banner with our own cremated ashes??

    First, if we died, they aren't really our ashes anymore. At least, not our property. Some other enterprising person scooped up the ashes and decided to sell them. Second, if it's from the battle with Balthazar, it's safe to say we got at least a bit singed so there'd be some ashes left behind. Third, it was a big important moment, so of course we'd fuse it into the heroic banner.

    • I noticed there weren't many Villager NPC's at the Allied Encampment after we took it from the awakened, did they take a one-way trip to the Moon Fortress?

    There weren't any villagers in the Allied Encampment when we were taking the place. They probably stayed in the nearby village, and only later migrated to the Encampment.

    • On a scale from 1 to "Thank the Gods the Commander isn't part of the Pact anymore or I'll be stuck under a mountain of paperwork until Wintersday.", how tired is Logan after hearing about our exploits in Elona?

    Who's to say Logan isn't happy to be semi-retired to a desk job. He did nearly die in a tree, after all.

    • Does anyone from Tyria, aside from Dragon's Watch, know that the Commander has a dragon as an ally?

    Aurene fought in Istan, and anyone in Amnoon who watched the supply ship sail in would've seen Aurene burn off many of the Awakened there, so it's probably not a big secret.

  • @Rognik.2579 said:

    @DizzyMilo.7423 said:

    • On a scale from 1 to "Thank the Gods the Commander isn't part of the Pact anymore or I'll be stuck under a mountain of paperwork until Wintersday.", how tired is Logan after hearing about our exploits in Elona?

    Who's to say Logan isn't happy to be semi-retired to a desk job. He did nearly die in a tree, after all.

    You can be happy with a desk job and still be glad to avoid such a monster workload :D

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.