Grieving, Power-condi Mirage build

Tjdraxus.7143

Grieving is my preferred stat in wvw (well grieving + cele combo for some sustain).

In pve, viper is superior because the expertise provides more overall damage when considering clone ambushes with IH. But in wvw while viper is very good especially if you use IH, I prefer grieving (while using EM) due to the prevalence of condi cleanse and positive impact of burst damage in windows of opponent defence downtime.

Grieving works very well with axe, especially in combo with shatters. Axe 3 often crits up to 4k for me, and sometimes even up to 6k+ (IIRC I've had higher) depending on might stacks, and that's not even maxxed out. Together with full F1 crits that can also hit 6k+ (again IIRC I've had higher) and all the condi application it provides solid low cooldown burst in the form of power and sustained damage from condi. Then you've got all the other skills on top of that for multiple damage sources.

If you're doing pve only then stick with viper. If you plan to also do wvw with the same gear you can still use viper and it is great particularly with IH (with a few other stat pieces for sustain if you like), but grieving is also great if you prefer to use EM there and play more bursty. Depends on your playstyle.

@Arlette.9684 said:The Viper vs Grieving debacle for WvW/PvP boils down to playstyle as @Curunen.8729 said. With Grieving you get a little more return early on whereas with Viper you get it on the tail end as extra condi damage ticks.

I also think it's a lot to do with IH vs EM. The former benefits greatly from viper thanks to expertise buffing all the condi application.

@Curunen.8729 said:

@Arlette.9684 said:The Viper vs Grieving debacle for WvW/PvP boils down to playstyle as @Curunen.8729 said. With Grieving you get a little more return early on whereas with Viper you get it on the tail end as extra condi damage ticks.

I also think it's a lot to do with IH vs EM. The former benefits greatly from viper thanks to expertise buffing all the condi application.

I agree, I find IH vs EM to be just as much of a playstyle choice, as Viper vs Grieving.

Personally I have Grieving on my secondary weapon sets that I use for both condi and power builds but not commonly, namely Pistol and Focus. Its the most universal stat I can use that won't heavily influence my overall build performance.As an actually hybrid build though I think Vipers still tops it off.

@"MikeL.8260" said:Personally I have Grieving on my secondary weapon sets that I use for both condi and power builds but not commonly, namely Pistol and Focus. Its the most universal stat I can use that won't heavily influence my overall build performance.As an actually hybrid build though I think Vipers still tops it off.

The fact that Viper is the way to go in PvE is indicative. However in pvp/wvw, top dps isn't everything. Things get even more complicated if you start comparing them on "vsX" class basis. I just wasn't all that impressed by the burst to sustained damage trade off, to make me want to commit to Grieving. With all the passive and active invulnerability/blocks/whatever flying around it's that much harder to land that burst, whereas the dots keep rolling and those pesky cleanses can't keep 'em away for long.

@phs.6089 said:Change 2 runes to the Runes of Trapper and see how it goes

Was it 15%? I tend to lean towards traveler as I’m addicted to movement speed and you still get the 15% and a little bump to boon duration as well at the cost of some raw stat. Obviously a matter of preference. In any case a 15% bump to duration is marginal at best imo.

Unless you combo it with other options.

@"Curunen.8729" said:"If you're doing pve only then stick with viper. If you plan to also do wvw with the same gear you can still use viper and it is great particularly with IH (with a few other stat pieces for sustain if you like), but grieving is also great if you prefer to use EM there and play more bursty. Depends on your playstyle."

I fell inlove with Infinite Horizon, tho Elusive Mind is really good specially in wvw situations but basically.I'm looking for a bursty playstile but with tons of conditions, I would love to use Grieving's mainly on PvE (i'm allergic to meta stuff) that's why I tend to come on forums and seek for direct opinions of players who may or may not share the same anti-meta conduct as me. The way I see the build in my head is going in giving the target aids with all the conditions and getting out but before that bursting all them clones

• 4 weeks later...

Archived