Disappointment with Anet employee attacking their loyal playerbase — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Disappointment with Anet employee attacking their loyal playerbase

Xolas.9781Xolas.9781 Member ✭✭
edited July 5, 2018 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

If you haven't yet, check reddit for a look at how a certain ANET writer treats their playerbase- us.

A respectful content creator for Guild Wars 2 replied to an ANET writer on a PUBLIC SOCIAL MEDIA OUTLET with respectful and thought out feedback on narrative, which was on topic.

Said ANET writer then turned around and attacked the content creator by calling him a rando ***hat and sexist for no defendable reason. The ANET writer then went further and basically said that anyone else like the content creator who doesn't agree with her is also an ***hat and sexist. She turned this into a gender issue of her own choice, filling her comments with manfeels, mainsplaining, sexism etc, and deleted comments that didn't agree with her.

She deserves every negative repercussion coming her way both from the playerbase and hopefully from ANET as well. Many other horrible people have made dumb choices using twitter and other social media recently, and have paid the price.

Hopefully ANET and their PR team are better than this and side with the person providing content for GW2 for free out of their love for the game than a paid shill who vulgarly and publicly attacks their playerbase and spouts how they're superior to all feedback.

EDIT: The first google result for "rando ***hat" is said employee's comment towards Deroir.

Comments

• artemis.6781artemis.6781 Member ✭✭✭

The mods will simply keep closing this topic.

• Memoranda.9386Memoranda.9386 Member ✭✭✭

The smear campaign continues.

So shocked.

• GDchiaScrub.3241GDchiaScrub.3241 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Discobizkit.6531 said:
    Professionalism matters. I really don't understand people discussing their profession with their company mentioned in their profile on personal accounts and somehow thinking it's acceptable to make the comments she made without consideration. My company certainly wouldn't allow that behavior.

Meh. Product matters to me since that will be proof of their actual working merit. It'd help perceptually if their rhetoric was more concise I'll give you that.

What I saw is that neither party rationalized what needed to be talked about, and referred to (scope). There was an AMA about scope of writing when it came to MMOs. A fan said suggested something that was probably out of scope. She lashed out, and didn't explain that important conflict of scope. Scope being that balance of content and budget. Branching paths, and more character choice for depth = more expense for customization but not necessarily adding game play.

Neither convinced me of anything, though.

D:

Holy Warriors of [Kazo] following Kazo doctrine guided by, Our Lord and Commander, Zudo in the holy Trinity of Him and his two firm glutes.

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Xenon.4537 said:

@Memoranda.9386 said:
    The smear campaign continues.

So shocked.

A "smear campaign" implies she did nothing wrong. She clearly hurled abuse and trash talk at content creators (one of which is an official Arenanet partner) in a public space and other employees of this company have come to join her. This isn't a "smear campaign", this is what happens when devs treat their fans like garbage in public.

When "a dev" treats their fans like garbage in public. I followed the thread and i didnt see any other developer "hurl abuse and trash talk" Nowhere near the lvls the main dev in question did.

• @GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

@Discobizkit.6531 said:
    Professionalism matters. I really don't understand people discussing their profession with their company mentioned in their profile on personal accounts and somehow thinking it's acceptable to make the comments she made without consideration. My company certainly wouldn't allow that behavior.

Meh. Product matters to me since that will be proof of their actual working merit. It'd help perceptually if their rhetoric was more concise I'll give you that.

What I saw is that neither party rationalized what needed to be talked about, and referred to (scope). There was an AMA about scope of writing when it came to MMOs. A fan said suggested something that was probably out of scope. She lashed out, and didn't explain that important conflict of scope. Scope being that balance of content and budget. Branching paths, and more character choice for depth = more expense for customization but not necessarily adding game play.

D:

Fair enough. And I agree Anet's product is what keeps me coming back playing and buying gems but public perception is extremely important as well.

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

@Discobizkit.6531 said:

D:

This.

• Zaklex.6308Zaklex.6308 Member ✭✭✭✭

She made a statement of FACT on how the writing process works at ArenaNet...that is not open for discussion, it is not her opinion on how it works. She also specifically said that she did not have to pretend to like him as an individual on her private account...if all of you equate with one person being told that she doesn't have to pretend to like that person then there's no hope for this world, she did not say she didn't have to pretend to like everyone...she specifically said him. Everyone needs to open up their minds and start thinking like this is 2018, the internet is out there and we should stop thinking what others think about us. The only person that matters is you to yourself, no one else matters...not your friends, not your parents, not your spouse, not your co-workers, not your superiors...absolutely no one...it's called self esteem and if you have it you can tell the world to screw off and mean it because the world does not matter.

Yes...no...maybe...what do you want, can't you see I'm busy saving the world...AGAIN!

• Hey folks. We're going to close this thread as we already have another thread discussing this topic closed for review.

This discussion has been closed.
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.