are warriors having way too much?

jihm.2315

hi im not sure if i have to post this in wvw or spvp but are warriors having way to much to deal with?insane mobility/speed , regeneration , damage and brutal interrupts.i just fought one outside of a camp with my celestial tempest i decided to drag him in the camp because he was always full health no matter what i fought him there for almost a min with npcs hitting him he eventually killed me and he was still on about half health with the npcs hitting him.are warriors having way too much power?

There are a few warrior builds that are nearly impervious to power damage (just like there are ele builds for that), though heavy condi generally bring them down.

The problem with celestial is that it dont really have the power damage to punch through their regen and you dont really have the condi damage to pressure them.

Skill and overall circumstance of battle is of course also an important factor but thats hard to predict. I've seen dps warriors drop in seconds to 50% hp before the obligatory stance kicks in and I've seen similar dps warriors maintain hp like a sponge.

Either way you simply brought a poor counter to a 1v1 against a warrior. Thats why WvW is all about havings friends. A well played warrior is without a doubt one of the strongest roamers there is but it can be beaten. If nothing else, ganked.

I run Viper/Celestial Tempest D/D in WvW and while warriors are a bit tougher than most others they do have some weaknesses to exploit... It might be harder as pure Celestial as you won't sustain enough damage to kill one once your might rotations are done and gone..I use Air/Water/Temp with Lightning Rod traits and fury uptime on auras.

what I do is:

• Apply lots of Weakness
  • Use skills like Drakes Breath, Burning Speed or Magnetic Grasp to safely proc Counter or if you can sustain the blow then use Earth Overload. (I don't use Water AA solely because I only switch to water when I absolutely have too, but that's an option too)
  • When resistance is down I like to spam immobilize too via Aftershock, Magnetic Grasp and Earth Overload to make kiting easier or to secure the Churning Earth hit.
  • When they pop stances I bail on the fight altogether then come back once they drop via Ride the Lightning > Updraft (applies weakness + CC)
  • Timing Earthquake to land on your Lightning Flash location is a really handy skill to stop Greatsword Warriors from running aswell, then use your immobs/chills to continue chasing them down.

Not sure if any of that will help, you most likely know these little tricks anyway.

The weakness warrior has is to constant boon rips. Warriors are extremely reliant on their resistance and it comes from three main things if you can strip it consistently and keep them condi loaded they're gonna have a tough time staying on you.

Yes core and spellbreaker are too strong in wvw 1v1 and smallscale, because stances got not the same amount of nerfs like for pvp.

ANet confirmed that recently (so we don't need any warrior players in this thread who state that warrior is fine - it's not!), but stated that they don't want to destroy warrior for frontline zerg play, which might happen with 2s endure pain.

I hope they change their mind some day.

Side Note: Fighting a spellbreaker in a camp is a stupid idea. You grant him free full counter procs. I did even fight spellbreakers that pulled the fight into a camp to ensure that the guards will proc full counter to make him almost immortal.

I was bored today so I roamed/havoced with my 8th alt in wvw today - spell breaker. I am ashamed to report that all died to me and my 2/3 party members when the enemy group was 8 or less. It is too easy; none survived, only thieves managed to run away. All fell to the all-powerful Full Counter, especially mesmers and scourges.

Core warrior is pretty dumb, no arguments there. Spellbreaker is relatively tame for a roaming 1v1 since you can outplay their animations and whittle them down a lot and stow their FC animations

In situations around a camp and/or a mob though, spellbreaker is pretty bonkers because it has on demand full counters which can crit 9k + 60 fero/power + adrenal health stack + resist/stab/cripple/slow

But in a world of mesmers and soulbeasts, it's not something I would immediately complain about, I guess.

The problem is they aren't really countered by anything, not even loads of condition, as they just run in and run out.

Probably was Anet needs to do (and they should do it quick), is just remove the warriors ability to remove conditions whether it's by them or their party members. Let the conditions run their course on them. Heal through them.. fine, but take away all their ability to remove conditions (nor any immunity to them).

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:The problem is they aren't really countered by anything, not even loads of condition, as they just run in and run out.

Probably was Anet needs to do (and they should do it quick), is just remove the warriors ability to remove conditions whether it's by them or their party members. Let the conditions run their course on them. Heal through them.. fine, but take away all their ability to remove conditions (nor any immunity to them).

That's.. an awful idea. What? Lol.

@jihm.2315 said:hi im not sure if i have to post this in wvw or spvp but are warriors having way to much to deal with?insane mobility/speed , regeneration , damage and brutal interrupts.i just fought one outside of a camp with my celestial tempest i decided to drag him in the camp because he was always full health no matter what i fought him there for almost a min with npcs hitting him he eventually killed me and he was still on about half health with the npcs hitting him.are warriors having way too much power?

Wait wait wait, you are having trouble, out kiting a warrior.......

Fighting warriors and spellbreakers is fun because you can see clearly all their animations to dodge. You have to be patient and of course don't waste all your CCs when they have passive stab pulses, or waste your main damage skills when they have endure pain; if you do that's your fault.I find more frustating to play against those cheesy mesmers and lately even rangers, druid or soulbeast which are basically a warrior oat 1500 range plus access to stealth and bugged pets AI which track you down even after 2 seconds you are in stealth or else... Not to mention the stupid damage and sustain they have, way more easy and stupid than warriors, on warriors just deny their bursts skills and they don't regen much.

IMO warrior should be the central class and not mesmers... but when we talk about scourge, rangers and mesmers to Anet.......

The only thing i complain about warrior is the 10sec unblockables, but that is because block/absorb/reflect in this game all is the same with flavour....

Another thing that im waiting 6 years for Anet to fix....slackers!!!!!!Make skills to counter relfect, absortion and block independently.

Archived