Lazy flamethrower build for wvw.

ugrakarma.9416

Well, well, I came up with this testing the meta holorifle build that theoretically is for roamers. By chance, in a zerg, I noticed it was pretty tanky, but the holosmith rotations are almost single-target and short-range. Breaking my head I got this.

With this u can safely run side by side with the commander of zerg. Its have nice sustain and the flamethrower have average range, and hit 3 targets, its a engineer version of guardian lootstick. Im not a "professional roamer" but accidentally I noticed that this build is also extremely anti-mirage/mesmer.

The gear is same of holorifle meta: armor and weapon are marauders, trinkets are berserker.

U can swap scrapper for explosives to play more risk, or even turn back into holorifle easily.

etbo9F5l.jpg

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:Well, well, I came up with this testing the meta holorifle build that theoretically is for roamers. By chance, in a zerg, I noticed it was pretty tanky, but the holosmith rotations are almost single-target and short-range. Breaking my head I got this.

With this u can safely run side by side with the commander of zerg. Its have nice sustain and the flamethrower have average range, and hit 3 targets, its a engineer version of guardian lootstick. Im not a "professional roamer" but accidentally I noticed that this build is also extremely anti-mirage/mesmer.

The gear is same of holorifle meta: armor and weapon are marauders, trinkets are berserker.

U can swap scrapper for explosives to play more risk, or even turn back into holorifle easily.

etbo9F5l.jpg

What kind of gear did you use?

Not to be overly nitpicky but aren't most flamethrower humping builds lazy?

Just my opinion, but if you're going to be taking Juggernaut(and not caring about getting punched in the face by boon conversion anyway) you'd be better served taking Sanguine Array, Thermal Vision, and Mass momentum for might/power stacking synergies(as well as healing from compounding chemicals) to actually do more damage(sort of) with the flamethrower.

Bad as it is in marauders gear I'd still take backpack regenerator over Elixir S. It's one thing to use Elixir S actively when you want it but if you're at the front of the blob with the commander and you're health drops low enough to trigger the elixir S(and in blob on blob it will) there's not much you're going to be doing apart from running away to be shot in the back a few seconds later if it's going that bad for your side. Even Comeback Cure combined with Purity of Purpose would be better used as the automatic overcharge from Healing Turret(along with the healing turret in Supply Drop) would give you plenty of opportunities to trigger regeneration and other boons on your teammates.

You'll have decent enough stability for what you're doing with Juggernaut, but you'll have to be actively destroying gyros to get any benefit from Final Salvo. And if you're going to be taking recovery matrix to begin with you might as well take adaptive armour to get even more benefit from barriers.

You could take Flamethrower(obviously) then still have room for Bulwark Gyro - for the belt skill that's awesome when pushing, and then rocket boots to allow you to blast your water fields and escape when needed. But those are just my observations for whatever little they're worth.

amazing suggestions. im gonna try it, thanks.Not at all. I hope you're able to make it work. Flamethrower's just been one of those things that's a pill to use anymore due to the slowness of tracking with it. I love it, it's visually one of the coolest things we have from core, but experienced players are reliably able to dance away from it and avoid the worst(best?) of its damage. Perhaps as you've posited- they might have a more difficult time doing that in the confusion of blob on blob if you're able to live long enough, but with four hundred fifty range on the kit who knows? Still seems a bit sketchy to me but you might have better chances where you are. Have fun!

Archived