Confusion stats PVE?

I am playing mesmer and I apply alot of confusion stacks but it doesn't increase any damage even with condi stats. I know the enemies need to use skills but they barely ever do, does this means it's useless stat?It's the main condition mesmer applies and it is bad for pve? Does this means mirage is not good for pve?

I want a good pve condi class and so far it seems I've been unlucky :/

Did thief low output, soulbeast low output and now mirage confusion stat is making me confused

Confusion doesn't have as much of a ramp-up in base damage-over-time compared to on-skill damage as far as PvE is concerned. You will want to maximize confusion stacks on bosses that attack a lot, such as the Mk.II Golem at Mt. Maelstrom and the champ Awakened during invasions. You might want to focus on general condition damage anyway, as you have other conditions you will be inflicting. In the case of axe mirage, this is torment as well as bleeding.

So, as far as your current dilemma is, if you want powerful condi bursts, you might want to take a look at conditions that have higher base damages, such as torment and burning -- but poison and bleeding are great if you can achieve decent stacks, maintain stacks (expertise, traits), and have a decent condition damage base pool.

Also, look for runes that boost the duration of the condition you want to focus on. Torment for .. well, torment, and Perplexity for confusion, but there are runes that increase +% to all condition damage. Also, Sigil of Malice has up to +10% condi duration, and Sigil of Bursting enhances your base condi (after + Condition Damage on equipment and other direct increase errata) by up to +6%. (Listed numbers are from superior sigils.)

GIST: To answer your question, I suggest getting things that boost your condition damage and duration. For your Mirage, signet of midnight and signet of domination increases condi duration and damage; Illusions / Cry of Pain (major adept) gives your F2 shatter more confusion stacks and duration; Illusions/Maim The Disillusioned (minor master) adds torment to shatters; Mirage/Riddle of Sand applies confusion on your first ambush (recharges on shatter); Mirage/Mirrored Axes gives you three axes instead of two for phantasmal axes and spawns a phantasmal axe on your third attack, which = more torment stacks. Look into runes that increase condi duration; and if you can afford it, the Sigil of Malice and Sigil of Bursting (pref. Superior).

(I also need caffeine.)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Confusion

Confusion does both damage over time and additional damage per skill activation.

Mirage is currently in a very good spot pve wise both for open world as well as instanced content. Mesmer as a whole, especially chrono, is one of the most demanded classes in different roles for instanced content.

@Yeldo.4576 said:I am playing mesmer and I apply alot of confusion stacks but it doesn't increase any damage even with condi stats.

Not sure what you mean. Obviously confusion damage is increased by condition damage and condition duration. Maybe you missed something?

@"Cyninja.2954" said:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Confusion

Confusion does both damage over time and additional damage per skill activation.

Mirage is currently in a very good spot pve wise both for open world as well as instanced content. Mesmer as a whole, especially chrono, is one of the most demanded classes in different roles for instanced content.

@Yeldo.4576 said:I am playing mesmer and I apply alot of confusion stacks but it doesn't increase any damage even with condi stats.

Not sure what you mean. Obviously confusion damage is increased by condition damage and condition duration. Maybe you missed something?

Thank you for the info.I'm just not too sure, it feels really low compared to burn/bleed that I apply it feels really low.

What other classes are good for Condi that apply good burn/bleed/poison? Not scourge or mirage

@"Yeldo.4576" said:Does this means mirage is not good for pve?

Based on Snowcrows' benchmarks, Mirage is currently the highest DPS among condition damage classes on small hitbox enemies. Most of condi mesmer and condi mirage damage, incidentally, does not come from Confusion, but from Torment, so you are severely misreading the profession as a whole.

@Yeldo.4576 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:

Thank you for the info.I'm just not too sure, it feels really low compared to burn/bleed that I apply it feels really low.

What other classes are good for Condi that apply good burn/bleed/poison? Not scourge or mirage

Mirage is among the top, if not the top spec for condition damage.

It has a rather short ramp up time and thanks to it's class mechanic a very good uptime on bosses (if played properly).

Now feel free to try out soke other classes but it seems to me like you might benefit from watching some guide and gameplay neplay videos to get your rotations and build corrected.

@Yeldo.4576 said:I am playing mesmer and I apply alot of confusion stacks but it doesn't increase any damage even with condi stats. I know the enemies need to use skills but they barely ever do, does this means it's useless stat?

First of, do you have access to the PoF Elites? If you try to play base Mesmer, not Mirage or even Chrono, it will be quite low on damage compared to other Elite classes.

Second, you are absolutely right - confusion is mainly PvP/WvW stat. The base damage it applies is weak, and mobs in PvE very rarely use skills so in PvE it will always do low damage (it will skyrocket in PvP when every enemy is constantly casting skills). Earlier it did no damage without enemy casting a skill, and Anet changed that (I think it was mistake to change it) because of huge crying from PvE players since confusion was absolutely worthless in PvE. It is still weak but not completely useless.

Playing as condi class also requires patience, you do not normally jump into fight, cast some skills and instantly kill enemy off, as you would do with some melee class. You need to build up your condi stacks, which is why most people talk about condi damage on bosses where it takes long time to kill them, so you are able to apply many stacks over time and let these tick while you run circles around the enemy.

I never had problems with Scepter+Torch Mesmer in PvE myself. You apply burning, torment and confusion pretty much constantly. Just remember not to invest in Condi Duration, which in non-instanced PvE is complete waste. Every item should raise Condi Damage to hurt it more with each tick.

If you still want to try another condi class - dagger Elementalist throws out tons of Burning and Bleeding. There is also Pistol + Pistol + Flamethrower Engi or Ranger using Axe + Torch + Traps. None of these are really very good for PvP or Bosses in raids, just for open world exploring.

Most of condi mesmer and condi mirage damage ... come from TormentQuoting to emphasize this point from @Ojimaru.8970, above.

@Ojimaru.8970 said:Based on Snowcrows' benchmarks, Mirage is currently the highest DPS among condition damage classes on small hitbox enemies. Most of condi mesmer and condi mirage damage, incidentally, does not come from Confusion, but from Torment, so you are severely misreading the profession as a whole.

@"Yeldo.4576" said:I am playing mesmer and I apply alot of confusion stacks but it doesn't increase any damage even with condi stats. I know the enemies need to use skills but they barely ever do, does this means it's useless stat?It's the main condition mesmer applies and it is bad for pve? Does this means mirage is not good for pve?

I want a good pve condi class and so far it seems I've been unlucky :/

Did thief low output, soulbeast low output and now mirage confusion stat is making me confused

I wouldn't get too hung up on confusion. You're right. Against most PvE enemies, confusion is not very good. However, confusion accounts for a relatively small portion of condi Mirage DPS. Torment, bleeding, and burning deal most of the damage using an axe/torch build. In my testing, the reversion to confusion on axe 3 hasn't had any major impact on mirage DPS. It's still an amazing class for open world play and among the strongest raid DPS classes as well.

Here's a video of one of my open world tests:

Damage Breakdown:Torment - 35.5%Bleeding - 22.3%Burning - 14.4%Confusion - 9.9%

Archived