GW 2 Devs/Playerbase Twitter Discussion - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

GW 2 Devs/Playerbase Twitter Discussion

Comments

• Kenagin.3529Kenagin.3529 Member ✭✭

@lkilian.1854 said:
    I understand JPrice getting fired. She was just disrespectful. But Peter Fries? Really?

I suspect it was either none or both. Must have really been a hard decision to make. Especially with PF being around here for so long.

• Its a tough pill to swallow, but PR-wise probably the right thing

Oh did I hurt your precious feelings? My deepest apologies.

• DiogoSilva.7089DiogoSilva.7089 Member ✭✭✭

I can understand why JP would get fired after her twitter rampage, although I wouldn't mind a more peaceful, "second chance" solution. But I'm a bit sad about the second developer who got axed. Was he Peter Fries? I'm not sure if he deserved it.

• Tasida.4085Tasida.4085 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 5, 2018

@Mike O Brien.4613 said:
    Recently two of our employees failed to uphold our standards of communicating with players. Their attacks on the community were unacceptable. As a result, they’re no longer with the company.

I want to be clear that the statements they made do not reflect the views of ArenaNet at all. As a company we always strive to have a collaborative relationship with the Guild Wars community. We value your input. We make this game for you.

Mo

Can we now have all related threads closed now please. Although I disagree with the discipline PLEASE close all the the aggravating threads on this subject and let it fade into obscurity.

(NOBL) rocking GW's since 2005, still rocking Sorrow's Furnace :P

• eyelogix.1654eyelogix.1654 Member ✭✭

Didn't see that coming, but i understand and i dont agree what she answered to a fellow player. Being polite is pretty much essential but you can agree, or disagree in a friendly manner.
    I don't know what the other person did, but i guess it doesn't matter now.

• good game, well flushed

• Healix.5819Healix.5819 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Elementalist Owner.7802 said:
    Pretty sure that's faked...

It's real, but it was also a reply to someone making a joke out of ArenaNet's international women's day post.

• cptaylor.2670cptaylor.2670 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Nabuko Darayon.9645 said:
    I will be closely watching the aftermath of this decision MO.

If ANet decides to turn their company into a more totalitarian way to accommodate the new rising spirit in the world I will be leaving this game as well.

By aftermath, I mean you just created a new precedent on how to get a dev fired so start expecting major provocations by trolls towards your devs that are active on twitter. And trust me they will abuse it.

I’m pretty sure they know how to tell the difference. And honestly, that kind of personality that she exhibited probably found it’s way into the office and other coworkers as well.

Either way, there doesn’t seem to be much of a point in keeping this thread open, or having 20 on the same subject anymore.

• Really sad these events transpired in the first place. Thank you for addressing this Mr. O'Brien.

• Serkit.7836Serkit.7836 Member ✭✭

great content today, amazing release

[VOID] #1 grub bust guild NA

• @Manasa Devi.7958 said:
    I can't help wondering how this will affect the release schedule of future LS chapters for this season.

JP was an editor and was only with ANet for a year from what I gather. She wasn't involved with the meat of things. Partners and content creators that have been with GW2 for years are far more significant.

• Whitworth.7259Whitworth.7259 Member ✭✭✭

I'm pleased with this response. What happened was atrocious and this certainly feels like justice for the community.

• JustTrogdor.7892JustTrogdor.7892 Member ✭✭✭✭

I find this whole thing a bit sad. GW2 got some really bad press, people lost their jobs, and in my opinion the GW2 community as a whole got tarnished to some degree during this entire event. I don't think the results are anything to be celebrated no matter what side of the issue you may be on. Was the end result fair? Apparently Anet management felt so and they know more than I do about how to deal with such issues so I have no comment on that. I hope the devs and the community can now move forward and continue to build on the good. That is the last I'll say on the topic.

• Sarrs.4831Sarrs.4831 Member ✭✭✭

This's been an interesting few days, and I'm sure it was a very difficult decision to make. I'm very glad that a swift resolution was made, though, and this can be put to bed.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.