Completed Story On Deadeye (no spoilers)

Hello all,

Normally I do every map to completion before moving on, and I've had five years of doing that. This time around I only did a few minor things in each map but kept hounding the storyline. Completed it, and I will say I am quite pleased with this update. I felt only a little frustration in a few story instances instead of the regular irritating shite that plagued HoT and especially Season 3 (the minister's palace and all those enemies on a thief . . . seriously?).

I completed the story exclusively as Deadeye. I only switched to my dual pistol a few times for a few seconds for some different methods of doing a thing, but right back to rifle in every instance. I'm confused as to why rifle skills don't seem to auto-rotate the character if the enemy is within the 180 front, but hey, maybe its bugged or never intended. It needs to be intended. Happens automatically with my pistol, so let's get this together ANET and make it happen. :)

Story is pretty darn good. Liked not having so many characters with me, and (omg) the NPC allies actually did work in this one. They attacked. That simple thing makes all the difference. In HoT and especially Season 3, some NPC allies just standing around and otherwise not doing shite = bad design.

Maps are amazing and I've still got a majority of them to explore. I am going back to Amnoon and starting the maps thoroughly. I do NOT regret for a moment going through the storyline first in three days after release. I decided to do it this way because, as I said above, I had always been a completionist before. The story just sorts of drags on and on, and I eventually forget why I am where I am and what I'm doing. After PoF was announced, I set about completing all Tyrian maps and doing it on my new thief before PoF launch. Been on this thief exclusively since PoF was announced. I still had a week before PoF would launch when I completed all maps available. A great sense of release from story overcame me. I felt free to do whatever I wanted, which was true anyway, but having the story done felt really good. So, based on that, PoF storyline was really the one thing I did. It's done now, and I'm quite satisfied with the money I spent and the time I poured into it so far.

Now for map completion and event completion and exploration and and and . . .!

Please fix the rifle not auto-rotating the character if the enemy is 180 degrees in front. If I push a skill button to fire off that rifle, it fires. It does with pistols, and must do so with rifle. Micromanaging that is a tedious, unnecessary chore.

Please continue to look at story instances and reconsider all that extra decoration. A certain king in a tomb got stuck on all those damn candelabras and I had to restart the instance because that king needed a certain weapon used that became utterly useless since he couldn't move/stuck. Please also look at the facet for Glint's lair. The shield bubbles don't last long enough to get to the facet. I figured out just standing under the facet during that tumult and firing up at it from point blank was easier. It went down after five minutes of just standing there firing up at it from beneath. I could have just walked away and let my skill autofire, and that'd been that.

Excellent work on this update. I have so much to do. Time to go do it.

Archived