When are they going to add the ability to save builds?

I took a break 2 years ago after raids came out. I would love to play them but Necro is my main and balancing classes obviously is not priority here. Either way to raid I'd need to change my builds totally or class even.
And what's true for most game modes is: You always need a different set of stats or armor for another game mode. (not that you have to, its just more efficient/effective)Which brings me to my topic.
I feels like this should of been added ages ago! Saving builds allows us to do just that save our favorite builds!Sometimes I play wvw and run with my scourge abilities. Then there are fractals, dungeons, condition builds, power builds, builds for solo roaming in wvw, tank builds.....see my point?How many times am I expected to pull up metabattle.com?
This is something in most games from jump street.... How is it not in GW2?It would be shameful if they put it in the microtransaction store....but, you know anet...cash shop before content.Please whiteknights just stay away from my questions....you don't help the cause of the consumer by bashing things they wish to have. I can see the replies now.

@Ashantara.8731 said:Obviously never, or we would have gotten it already.

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:Build template editor? Mmm, Diablo 3 recieved it after about 5 years in 2017.

So I guess you can argue GW2 would have one in about that time err wait.

D:

If it comes out best believe it'll hit the microtransaction store! And it'll be BEFORE fixing any major bugs or issues.

@"Linken.6345" said:The obvious answer is ofcourse "When its ready"

In fact, that's what they devs have said.To be fair, there's a a lot of things to work out, including interface and what to do about sigils & runes. There's also whether & how it would integrate with the API.

On the other hand, why not store a simple snapshot, as gw2skills.net already does? Even if we couldn't load it, it would make it easier to keep track of what each toon is playing (and potential to share builds).

In the meantime, ArcDPS does come with a skills|traits|gear saver and load out tool, which works very smoothly. (You don't have to run the DPS meter aspect to take advantage of the build tool.) I strongly recommend it for anyone who isn't content to wait for ANet to figure it out.

@"SirBlunticus.4258" said:If it comes out best believe it'll hit the microtransaction store! And it'll be BEFORE fixing any major bugs or issues.

Honestly, I'd be fine with 1 slot being free (meaning 2 builds total, 1 equipped + 1 saved), and extra slots cost money.

Much like in WoW originally, it means that you can have "non-damage spec" and "damage spec" at least, and that's more or less all 99,9% of us need for our daily play. It'd be fine to pay a bit extra for the convenience of saving even more builds.

@"Carighan.6758" said:Much like in WoW originally, it means that you can have "non-damage spec" and "damage spec" at least, and that's more or less all 99,9% of us need for our daily play. It'd be fine to pay a bit extra for the convenience of saving even more builds.You are aware that "in WoW originally", there were no saved builds and you had to visit your class trainer and pay up to 50 gold (iirc, and that was a lot back then) if you wanted to switch talents? :P

Ummmm arcdps has build templates. And Arenanet approved it long time ago. Why would arenanet need to develope them if it’s already been accepted?

The people who got banned couple months ago, were not the people who use arcdps. If it was, the whole raid community would’ve been banned. Arcdps is fine

@"CptAurellian.9537" said:Given that they've "outsourced" the development of build templates to arcdps, I'm fairly sure we're not gonna see an official implementation in the foreseeable future.

I refuse to install third party software just to have a vital feature added to my game. It's like having non-employees feed Wiki or create online guides only so that new players can get the answers the game devs are owning them (like tutorials on the game's basics, the crafting system, and what not). It's a bit impudent, if you ask me.

@SirBlunticus.4258 said:I took a break 2 years ago after raids came out. I would love to play them but Necro is my main and balancing classes obviously is not priority here. Either way to raid I'd need to change my builds totally or class even.

And what's true for most game modes is: You always need a different set of stats or armor for another game mode. (not that you have to, its just more efficient/effective)Which brings me to my topic.

I feels like this should of been added ages ago! Saving builds allows us to do just that save our favorite builds!Sometimes I play wvw and run with my scourge abilities. Then there are fractals, dungeons, condition builds, power builds, builds for solo roaming in wvw, tank builds.....see my point?How many times am I expected to pull up metabattle.com?

This is something in most games from jump street.... How is it not in GW2?It would be shameful if they put it in the microtransaction store....but, you know anet...cash shop before content.Please whiteknights just stay away from my questions....you don't help the cause of the consumer by bashing things they wish to have. I can see the replies now.

guild wars 4

Archived