What's a good toughness for solo engineer in wvw / pve

Anthony.3207

Hi guys. I been using my engineer holosmith in all berserker armor. I felt like I did great damage but died instantly to hot / POF mobs and wvw.

I switched out a beserket neck and 2 berserker rings for soldier gear.

Fully buffed I sit at about 3200 power 42% crit 189% crit mod and ..... and 19789 vitality 2449 armor

I feel this is as good as I can balance it with out losing more damage for survival.

I don't use maruader gear. I also mostly pve and fractals and wvw. I don't do raids or SPvP

Any one can advice me on a good balance for engineer soloing / roaming / pve soloing ?

I am up for suggestions.

I use soldier neck soldier rings and a soldier rifle.I use exquisite Ruby on the soldier jewelry for 25 power 15 precision 15 ferocity

I use berserker trinkets berserker armor

Pack runes air sigil and accruacy sigil ( +7% crit)

I use a static discharge Holo build.

As a rule of thumb, 2300 armor is considered padded (AOEs fields less dangerous), ~2600 armor is Durable, and 3000+ is Bunker. For WvW builds, 2600 is close to ideal if you need to actually tank damage and have no traits to deal with it like Warriors do.

I run Knights armor, Strength Runes, with Zerks trinkets- but thats mostly due to not updating the build after POF, because no one was sure where Engies fit in WvW until recently. I used to run Inventions and Alchemy, since Holo dishes out a lot of damage to begin with, and that sustain was a lot more valuable in dicey areas for MPs and Map Exploration. With Alchemy losing tinctures, I moved everything over to Exceeds, replaced Alch with FireArms for more damage, and I've found this to still be really stable, but now hits a lot harder. Sanguine Array and No Scope are a baller combo when solo, and I use a Rage Rune in the Sword and Sigil of Draining on Shield. Rage is just a cheap way to open with extra quickness, and Draining is to recoup Health.

I know most people don't like shield, but it is Godly against break bars with Skill 5 having uncapped blocks that trigger stuns, and can be thrown for 2 dazes on multiple targets in a line. And because Draining has no ICD, you can use Shield 5 while running through a dense cluster of mobs to get some health back. I'm still trying to figure out if/how it triggers on AOE fields, because thats a strategy that would be really strong on the newer maps if true.

Archived