Out of the Circle - Kourna Meta Event

In every meta you meet people saying to not stay in circles to make more mobs spawn (=farming more Spare Parts), I'm not blaming people because it's the most effective way indeed, I'm just saying that delaying the completion of an event is a symptom of a badly designed one and for this reason, the meta should be reworked. Like stopping mobs from dropping Spare Parts and giving something like 50 Spare Parts from the completion of the meta.

https://imgur.com/a/98zx03u

I've yet to be at a meta with people saying that. I'm sure people are doing it (and that does sound like a good way to farm spare parts).However, I disagree with your suggestions for how to prevent people from delaying completion; both ideas hurt everyone, not just the ones letting efficiency trump the event.

Instead, the capping could be on an either/or basis: once a certain number of mobs dies or a timer completes (without too many foes in the circle), which ever happens first. Then there would still be about as much loot as ANet originally intended.

It doesn't help that the cannon events have mobs with no loot/no XP, I don't know if that's intended but it's very frustrating to level your mount mastery , when these events basically discourage you from killing the mobs, because they don't give anything.

Then again, the whole kill mobs to get drops is....kind of... i dunno, old fashioned? I thought we were beyond mob-farming by now, yet this latest map which the FTT and spare parts farming is all about farming random mobs.

Kind of sad to be honest.

@Boogiepop Void.6473 said:Or redo the whole meta so we get to see all of Gendara and the rewards for event are worth it without this kind of behavior.

Unless they have plans for Gandara in the future and left it out deliberately.

Domain of Kourna has enough empty space as is. I rather would like to see something be done with the various ruins of the prev. Dejarin Estate area and the moor with the hekets

@Khisanth.2948 said:Simplest change would be making the circles into rectangles that extend far enough to include the spawn points of the mobs.

That would mean less mobs=less income, I'm totally against that, Kourna's meta already feels too poor in terms of reward. Your suggestion would only be acceptable if it comes with an overall buffs to rewards.

@Zaraki.5784 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:Simplest change would be making the circles into rectangles that extend far enough to include the spawn points of the mobs.

That would mean less mobs=less income, I'm totally against that, Kourna's meta already feels too poor in terms of reward. Your suggestion would only be acceptable if it comes with an overall buffs to rewards.

That is usually what happens when people act like idiots and cause this sort of conflict.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

That is usually what happens when people act like idiots and cause this sort of conflict.

They're trying to get the best from an otherwise useless meta, I would blame the poor meta rewards, not players.

@Zaraki.5784 said:

They're trying to get the best from an otherwise useless meta, I would blame the poor meta rewards, not players.

Doubtful about this. I think the people that are doing it aren't doing it for the meta rewards, but because the grind to get them otherwise is a bit silly.If you start by increasing the rate of acquisition, you'll see less of the behavior to "not cap" because those things spare parts will have less direct value.

Might there be people killing the mobs in the event for loot ? Sure, but with more spare parts in play you'll be able to do said meta more times per hour which itself will increase the loot in a more natural fashion leading to less capture point stalling.

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:Then again, the whole kill mobs to get drops is....kind of... i dunno, old fashioned? I thought we were beyond mob-farming by now, yet this latest map which the FTT and spare parts farming is all about farming random mobs.

Killing mobs to get drops is fun.

We should get drops from killed mobs from this meta chain.

@Sarrs.4831 said:

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:Then again, the whole kill mobs to get drops is....kind of... i dunno, old fashioned? I thought we were beyond mob-farming by now, yet this latest map which the FTT and spare parts farming is all about farming random mobs.

Killing mobs to get drops is fun.

We should get drops from killed mobs from this meta chain.

Well I mean, specific drops, I don't mean the usual generic stuff. I guess that shouldve been clarified xDLike the collection basically requires you to kill the same mob type over and over (beyond the slayer achieves)

Archived