What Ever Happened to -E?

I'm running a new character through all the story content and I just hit the beginning of Season 2 with a letter from -E.This mystery character just disappeared as of HoT. With the latest chapter in Season 4 we've discovered the identity of our Herald, the first mystery character. Is -E going to come back, are we ever going to meet this person. Does anyone even care anymore, considering how big of a deal it was at the time.

We still do not know E's identity and there was a collection of his messages to his agents in the Lake Doric map.There is a fan theory that he is Lord Faren, but unless he is pulling Batman level tactics by pretending to be a complete fool and playboy, I'm not sure about that.I'm sure he'll pop back up once we return to Kryta, as that appears to be his sphere of influence.

His (and grudgingly I'll allow as how "her" might fit here, but that would not match Marjorie's first encounter with E) documents are lying around all over Lake Doric but I don't think we'd seen anything since. I've wanted from E's first appearance for it to be Faren, and there were plenty of circumstantial things to support that theory. However, as of Long Live the Lich's story content and ANet's AMA comments on same, I feel the ground crumbling out from under my theory. They could be playing coy, but it sounds like Faren is no more than he seems. It's not flat out impossible that he is E, but assuming decent story-writing and foreshadowing skills on ANet's part it would be more out of left field now for that to be the reveal than it would have been a bit ago.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

@"RoseofGilead.8907" said:He/she is an Enigma.E nigmaE. Nigma

On second thought, we might be better off not corresponding with them anymore . . .

Two Batman References in a row... Must be a record.

Are we sure it's a batman reference ?

It could just as easily be a Mystery Inc. reference from Scooby Doo.Well the above is closer to batman than Mystery Inc, but i more mean the character.... http://scoobydoo.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._E

@"RoseofGilead.8907" said:I'd welcome a cameo by a talking dog and his hungry pal. Just sayin'.

I had the pleasure of that in the game's early days thanks to a super fun group of players that took a nice bit of time doing a whole scenario. I stumbled on Velma moaning about how she'd lost her glasses and followed her to glory: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/375715891280609285/464993843108904970/ScoobyGang3.PNG

@TexZero.7910 said:

On second thought, we might be better off not corresponding with them anymore . . .

It could just as easily be a Mystery Inc. reference from Scooby Doo.Well the above is closer to batman than Mystery Inc, but i more mean the character....

Ah... Edward (E.) Nygma (assumed a misspell) is the real name of the Riddler (the Batman Villain)

@Overlord RainyDay.2084 said:E is hanging out with Malyck just beyond the portal across the bridge in Brisban Wildlands.

Poor Malyck. I finished that part of the story yesterday and did a 'I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS' facepalm. There's another tree, there's a cave full of seeds, there's other sylvari. Why wasn't this explored in Heart of Thorns? Why haven't we seen any more brother from another mother? There hasn't been word on how much the Pale Tree has recovered or if she is failing in health.I would love if we got another 'our story' and it just dealt with whatever race we chose again. For whatever race to find out about their choices that they made and how it came about later on after our exploits. What is the Durmand Priory/Vigil/Order of Whispers doing now? Am I still a high ranking member? What is my Asuran krewe doing? What is my warband doing?

@TexZero.7910 said:

It could just as easily be a Mystery Inc. reference from Scooby Doo.Well the above is closer to batman than Mystery Inc, but i more mean the character....

E. (Edward) Nygma is the riddler from Batman.

Archived