Beetle Mount Speed won't increase for unknown reason

I've been trying to recreate this bug reliably, but have yet to determine the exact cause. Every now and then, the Beetle Mount's max speed won't increase, even while going down slopes or using the Boost. After dismounting, remounting, and waiting for the Endurance a few times only am I able to workaround this bug.

Same here. Renders the mount useless for me most of the time.The endurance bar is full, I press jump or dodge key. Boost animation and sound plays, but speed stays exactly the same as when rolling without boost.

I could kinda, but not always, workaround it by standing still and pressing backwards many short times (so that it spazzes out the standing animation). Then the next acceleration works, but as said, not reproducably.

This happens to me too, and am unsure why myself. The only way I can get my Petey to speed up reliably is to roll downhill. Expending the endurance buildup often does next to nothing. Perhaps the terrain has to be just 'right' before Petey will zoom off when endurance is expended, perhaps latency (playing with ~300 ms from asia-pacific) plays a role as it seems to with so many little 'glitches' in the game these days. As I said I'm really unsure just why the problem is occurring, but has resulted in basically not using Petey at all sadly. :anguished:

I to have had this happen and to add to this have had my beetle's speed just boost and not want to stop going at all after I have taken my hands a way from the keysor after hitting the boost cant control where it goes I get its not able to turn on a coin but damn when the boost sticks and you cant turn to avoid getting launched of a cliffwell the splat at the end is not fun and on some maps down right event ending due to death and only way out is to WP out and on a map with only two or 3 WP just not fun:(

Yip I've been noticing this as well and the drift skill is hit and miss as well for me.Note as of about 30mins ago I have been getting some very strange dismount activity.. I seem to go darting away from the mount then back again.. kind of annoying when your using the mount skill 1 and you fly off in completely the wrong direct, dthe skill misses by a country mile and then get rapido'ed back to the dismount spot.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Hmm, first I thought that never happened to me, but as I read this I have to say it happened to me.

As I remember that happened mostly on (minimal) uneven ground, where you may be in the air for a fraction of seconds, with minimal height differences. Perhaps that could be a (bad) explaination.