Gandara

@"Zohane.7208" said:The biggest portion of it is in the explorable zone Gandara, the Moon Fortress.

Edit: The above is for the area North of the fort - the rest of the fort is the mission Pogahn Passage

Yeah so I went back and watched a play through again. Gandara is only accessible during two missions, the Consulate Docks mission where you raid Gandara, which only shows the docks then leading to the plaza of the gods. The other is the rescue mission to save Kormir and dress as Kournan soldiers. This allows you to gain access to the front gate with a few corridors leading back to the plaza and then east to the prison. One thing that maybe some of you didn’t know, but the whole western quarter of Gandara is inaccessible. Which is kinda funny because that’s very similar to Gw2 Gandara, except Gw1 had access to the docks.

@"Tyson.5160" said:I’m just wondering if we remember gw1 Gandara fondly with rose coloured glasses, I don’t really recall a huge amount of content from that place.

Well, Consulate Docks is one of the larger and key missions in GW1 where you attack Gandara with the Istanis because of Kournan troup movements within Istan and collaborations with the Corsairs in order to make coordinated attacks on the villages there. (very shortly said)https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Consulate_Docksorhttps://wiki.guildwars.com/images/e/e7/Consulate_Docks_map.jpg

You do go through the whole city docks from left to right and then further inwards to the plaza of the six five gods in order to complete a ritual to summon Abbadons demons.

Later on in the Poghan passage, you rescue Kormir from the prison island as well as helping Margrid with finding a mirror of significant value within the city.https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Pogahn_Passageorhttps://wiki.guildwars.com/images/3/3e/Pogahn_Passage_map.jpg

Personally I find it weird we can't access the Docks side even over the sea, and what I hope will happen is that Gandara will get it's own map, gemstore scroll area as an

restored "after Joko" area

. As that wouldnt be possible if it was part of the current Kourna map.

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:

@"Tyson.5160" said:I’m just wondering if we remember gw1 Gandara fondly with rose coloured glasses, I don’t really recall a huge amount of content from that place.

Well, Consulate Docks is one of the larger and key missions in GW1 where you attack Gandara with the Istanis because of Kournan troup movements within Istan and collaborations with the Corsairs in order to make coordinated attacks on the villages there. (very shortly said)
or

You do go through the whole city docks from left to right and then further inwards to the plaza of the six five gods in order to complete a ritual to summon Abbadons demons.

Later on in the Poghan passage, you rescue Kormir from the prison island as well as helping Margrid with finding a mirror of significant value within the city.
or

Personally I find it weird we can't access the Docks side even over the sea, and what I hope will happen is that Gandara will get it's own map, gemstore scroll area as an

restored "after Joko" area

. As that wouldnt be possible if it was part of the current Kourna map.

I’m hoping they pull a silverwastes style update and add a few more events to some of the emptier areas as well as additions to the meta.

@Tyson.5160 said:

I’m hoping they pull a silverwastes style update and add a few more events to some of the emptier areas as well as additions to the meta.

That or, progressing from the point in time the current LW episode. The opportunity to show that progression and the changes that take place in the current episode, is also valuable to me. It would be akin to a compromise between season one (showing change at least, not the shallowness of events and achievements) and the current setup. I personally do like see how the world of Tyria changes as a result of story elements than to add more deeper content to what is already released.

Maybe the founding of another main city, like Elonas Lion's Arch?

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:

That or, progressing from the point in time the current LW episode. The opportunity to show that progression and the changes that take place in the current episode, is also valuable to me. It would be akin to a compromise between season one (showing change at least, not the shallowness of events and achievements) and the current setup. I personally do like see how the world of Tyria changes as a result of story elements than to add more deeper content to what is already released.

Like a small outpost city? They have made small zones like bloodstone fen.

I also thought they could have a liberated Gandara in the next LW episode, so you could see the docks and some of the centre areas, maybe even have a branded invasion too

@Tyson.5160 said:

Like a small outpost city? They have made small zones like bloodstone fen.

I also thought they could have a liberated Gandara in the next LW episode, so you could see the docks and some of the centre areas, maybe even have a branded invasion too

Yeah basically, either with events as part of a huge naval zone, or a small outpost, maybe a gemstore merchant area, though I would feel slightly conflicted about it, it is an option.

Archived