Mechanical looking mounts pack

I'm sure it's been requested before but the beetle saddle just makes me want a mechanical mounts pack.

Raptor- Steam cycleSpringer- giant steam pogo stick or Gravity bootsSkimmer- Steam HovercraftBeetle- Giant snow ball for Christmas, ok not mechanical but still.Griffon- Mini Pact fleet aircraft.

Thanks and don't worry about sitting position clipping too much.

I like the idea... as long as it's not haphazard, goblin-looking tech. Asura, Charr, even Human tech is elegant and complete; built with and for purpose.

I will dye my rollerbeetle bright citrus and name him The Clockwork Orange.

Pretty much the only two where this could work are the skimmer and beetle.

The rest would require entirely new rigs and animation sets.

Anet's done this to a limited degree with gliders but it's still pretty unlikely.

Best hope is for a beetle skinned into a unicycle with a big charr car wheel instead of the beetle.

@Substance E.4852 said:Pretty much the only two where this could work are the skimmer and beetle.

Anet's done this to a limited degree with gliders but it's still pretty unlikely.

Best hope is for a beetle skinned into a unicycle with a big charr car wheel instead of the beetle.

I think they could slap any skin on an invisible skeleton and it would be fine, see the skeleton only when hit with a particle effect like a fireball and most of it hidden by the skin and I'd buy the pack.

@Dreadshow.9320 said:

@Substance E.4852 said:Pretty much the only two where this could work are the skimmer and beetle.

I think they could slap any skin on an invisible skeleton and it would be fine, see the skeleton only when hit with a particle effect like a fireball and most of it hidden by the skin and I'd buy the pack.

That's not how that actually works though.

The rig (joints/bones) is a system of non rendered controller objects that deform the mesh to animate it.

Think of it like a human skeleton and muscle vs your fat and skin. I can't just put a horse pelt on you and expect a realistic horse. Even less so if it's something with more than four limbs. Same thing here.

If you want a raptor variant that's a literal steampunk motorcycle, that's going to require a whole new set of controllers to animate the actual object of the motorcycle. To say nothing of new animations for the rider so we aren't bouncing up and down and hold our arms out like we have reins in them.

@Substance E.4852 said:

That's not how that actually works though.

The rig (joints/bones) is a system of non rendered controller objects that deform the mesh to animate it.

Think of it like a human skeleton and muscle vs your fat and skin. I can't just put a horse pelt on you and expect a realistic horse. Even less so if it's something with more than four limbs. Same thing here.

If you want a raptor variant that's a literal steampunk motorcycle, that's going to require a whole new set of controllers to animate the actual object of the motorcycle. To say nothing of new animations for the rider so we aren't bouncing up and down and hold our arms out like we have reins in them.

But you could make room for my standing body inside a stuff horse. Sure the horse would look like it's floating and not running when I run with my invisible legs like the jackal does before everything loads but for the griffon and pact ship it would not matter to me.

Archived