What will people do on these maps after few weeks?

Evil.1580

I have completed the story, got 100% map completion on 4 maps and got all the mounts.

! All 5 of them

Killed a couple of legendary bounties here and there and completed some events.

Please correct me if I am wrong but aren't the bounties the only thing that people will do once they complete the one-time achievements and the story?

If so, how can we even compare the huge EPIC meta events in HoT maps with these legendary bounties that can die in 5-10 mins?

Maybe PoF isn't supposed to "kill" HoT maps but I was expecting more epic fights in this "all about content" expansion.

Yes, the maps are fantastic, the mounts are fantastic too, bounties are a cool addition, but all these things aren't enough (at least for me) to keep you here for a long time.

The expansion miss 1 single thing - EPIC fights (meta events with squads coordination etc.). Chak garnet? DO you see anything similar to this? It was epic and hard. Even the mastery points are way easier than HoT - shame. I remember the Mushroom Queen and a lot more giving a proper challenge. Now you can solo almost everything. Isn't a MMO game about group challenges?

The beautiful maps and mounts had so much potential if they could be used in huge METAS, like HoT.

P.S. I like the game but I am very disappointed as I was expecting more. And I really hope they add some major changes to these maps very soon, namely meta events.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:HoT was heavily criticised be cause there were only meta events. But I agree: why not make both things? And why is there no single huge boss battle like Tequatl, Mouth of Mordremoth etc?

Tangled Depths is explorable 99% even without the meta event.

Verdant Brink is 100% explorable without the meta event.

Auric Basin is 99% explorable without the meta event.

I don't think there were only meta events. There were parties/trains for strongboxes and mastery points which were hard to kill alone. We can call these legendary bounties in the new expansion. Not to mention that there are so much more achievements and titles in HoT. Some people say this expansion is all about exploration. What are you trying to say, guys? Is it that HoT exploration suck? I still remember the long gliding distances in HoT - across tarir for so many collection achievements and in verdant brink. It is cool when you go to the 2nd layer of verdant brink during the day. Tangled depths is 1 huge labyrinth - imo the name of the perfect map. Tangled depths should have been etalon for a good map in PoF.

@bOTEB.1573 said:I have completed the story, got 100% map completion on 4 maps and got all the mounts.

All of them

Killed a couple of legendary bounties here and there and completed some events.(...)P.S. I like the game but I am very disappointed as I was expecting more. And I really hope they add some major changes to these maps very soon, namely meta events.

Congratulation, you burned through the content and now you are finished. No wonder, that you are disappointed.

its will take me around 1 year to complete all the maps and complete my 9 specialization, farm some money for new ascended weapons and maybe complete some collection.yea im casual and im no rushing contest. Im still completing the 2 first maps whit my 1st character, Whole weekend and still haven't finished my mirage mesmer. SO im ok whit the game, remembering myself that i pay less than 30$ for this expantion way less than nier automata that i pay 60$ and payed for only 50 hours.

I am not rushing and take my time, but an avid gamer (usually I play 3-4h during work days and 5-10 hours weekends), you are done with the 'content rich expansion' rather fast. I am now on map three and - as I said - I take my time. But even then, there isn't much to do after finishing story. There are no dungeons, no raids, no new races, professions, crafting disciplines etc. If they haven't advertised as 'content heavy' I wouldn't complain, but it's pretty short. Also, I thought the story is like 20-30 hours, not only 5-10h.

@Draknar.5748 said:So you rushed through all content and are done with the expansion. Do whatever it was you did before the expansion came out. If you're that starved for new content, go play something else.

@STIHL.2489 said:Well you could always go back to HoT, for the next few months while the rest of the player base slowly works its way tough PoF.

You guys are missing the point. Its not even about that. I'm playing casually and have 3 maps 100% done already. By myself. After I get the achieves, whats the point in coming back? Thats what this is about. T6 mats? I can get them in LS3 and core faster. Events and loots? Better events in HoT that require more of a team effort. There's little incentive for replay, unless you're doing map complete on multiple chars, which again is easily soloable. HoT maps are years old and people still run the metas many times a day. Thats what PoF maps are missing. PoF maps dont need to be all meta, but they should have something thats incentive to be on them with other people after you're done the single player experience of exploring and map complete.

Archived