Deadeye is broken OP — Guild Wars 2 Forums

ArenaNet Forum Chat for September: The next forum conversation, on the topic of our September 18th release -- including Living World Season 4 Episode 4, a new raid, a new legendary, and more -- invites member questions and comments from Tuesday (9/25) through Friday afternoon Pacific Time (9/28). Devs will be responding through early October, as their schedules allow. Join the special September 2018 AFC Subforum to take part. More info here.

Deadeye is broken OP

Babylonn.5027Babylonn.5027 Member ✭✭
edited July 7, 2018 in PVP

Deadeye is broken OP. No spec should be allowed to have 30k burst in 2 seconds, stealth, teleports and unblockable 20k hitting 1 shot skill. This class is most broken thing in PvP and needs seriously toned down. I guess that everyone who have faced this boosted class, will agree that Deadeye is most broken OP thing atm and needs nerfed ASAP.
Guy called "Fat Boi Thief" is shameless abusing this build and he 1 shotted me as FB, i reported him after match but hes still at ranked..

NERF DEADEYE, ITS GAME BREAKING OVERPOWERED ATM!!!

<134567

Comments

  • urdriel.8496urdriel.8496 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 7, 2018

    @Daishi.6027 said:

    @Babylonn.5027 said:

    Guy called "Fat Boi Thief" is shameless abusing this build and he 1 shotted me as FB, i reported him after match but hes still at ranked..

    You are hilarious.

    dunno if they can 1shot or no, i was watching Sindrenner one hour ago and he had a deadeye in the match, S/d and rifle, altought he doesnt have the mobility of S/d SB , was really hard to take him down and had a nice damage plus a nice amount of stealth , S#2 is focking good for mobility, enter hit , back in invis (not due to the skill itself) , use rifle , GG, dunno about OP or not, but seems viable in the current meta.

  • Alchimist.4738Alchimist.4738 Member ✭✭✭

    How to counter a Deadeye in one step, engage in melee, win the engagement in less than 5 seconds, laugh because the enemy team is basically playing 4v5.

  • Daishi.6027Daishi.6027 Member ✭✭✭

    @urdriel.8496 said:

    @Daishi.6027 said:

    @Babylonn.5027 said:

    Guy called "Fat Boi Thief" is shameless abusing this build and he 1 shotted me as FB, i reported him after match but hes still at ranked..

    You are hilarious.

    dunno if they can 1shot or no, i was watching Sindrenner one hour ago and he had a deadeye in the match, S/d and rifle, altought he doesnt have the mobility of S/d SB , was really hard to take him down and had a nice damage plus a nice amount of stealth , S#2 is focking good for mobility, enter hit , back in invis (not due to the skill itself) , use rifle , GG, dunno about OP or not, but seems viable in the current meta.

    regardless of what DE is capable of or not, I just find the "he did x; I reported him but he's still in ranked" quite amusing.

    I think it's probably to the community's determent but I actually can't tell if srs.

  • Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

    It's a low quality bait OP, you have yet to improve your trolling abilities. Nice try however.

    "Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

  • Vieux P.1238Vieux P.1238 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Daishi.6027 said:

    @Babylonn.5027 said:

    Guy called "Fat Boi Thief" is shameless abusing this build and he 1 shotted me as FB, i reported him after match but hes still at ranked..

    You are hilarious.

    No he is not..& so is deadeye & jumping in out Condi SD thief. Neither are hilarious!

    Winter Nerf is coming!

  • Jack Redline.5379Jack Redline.5379 Member ✭✭✭

    IT is true that DE is quite strong especially kitten p\p build (i made it up and ppl copied it i appologize for releasing the plague) BUT imo it is balanced well enough. My point is. Almost every class has some condi cleanse = makes work as condi DD harder (so far Trapper works fine for me in this case), Secondly most of the classes buffess their butts with tons of boons like i havent seen anyone lately who would have full might fury stability swiftness (not to mention Mesmers BLEH) Thirdly cripple spam every necro has, stun spam every warior has, bilions of clones every mesmer has, kitten smokescale every ranger has, revenants blinds, engineers stun build, guardians that drop more burn stacks tahn elementalists. I mean dont you tell me other classes are not pain in the behind as well. DE can kill you quick yes but with all the defensive possibilities you other classes have you shold be able to withstand a poke from DE.

  • Arlette.9684Arlette.9684 Member ✭✭✭✭

    DE is efficient against several builds and a free kill for about that many other builds, seems balanced to me.

  • bennypig.6428bennypig.6428 Member ✭✭

    From my experience, DE thief and condi thief only worked well against bad teams. If the team has proper composition and is skilled enough, these 2 cheesy build can do much lower impact when compared to meta D/P or S/D.

  • Falan.1839Falan.1839 Member ✭✭✭

    Wow, saddest thread ever.

    Falásya / Caissech

  • Meteor.3720Meteor.3720 Member ✭✭✭

    Don't feed the troll.
    This is Babylon guys ...

  • Gretzel.6790Gretzel.6790 Member ✭✭

    Too many people taking this at face value; its obviously a joke.

  • Volrath.1473Volrath.1473 Member ✭✭✭

    ahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahaahahahahahahhaahaahha
    wait wait... BAAAAAAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

    tks for that i needed it!

  • Urejt.5648Urejt.5648 Member ✭✭✭

    l2p. 20k Deaths judgment is only possible with zerker amul after 10 seconds build up. All u had to do is get protection or atack thief with one skill one find any wall. All of this is very easy in pvp as firebrand

  • @Dadnir.5038 said:

    he 1 shotted me as FB

    If you've been 1 shot from a range weapon as a guardian then that is a L2P or L2B issue. The core guardian offer so much counter to burst and range attack that you don't even need to be smart or skilled to survive a range attack with a guardian (And it's e-specs).

    Core guardian can't really do anything against a competent deadeye. If the deadeye stays on no-ports, you can't really do anything other than disengage. The lack of viable ranged options really hurts guardians in this scenario, but counters are good for the game.

    However, that being said. I don't think deadeye (rifle specifically) should ever be a viable build in PvP. The play style isn't good for the game, the damage it pumps out is unreal. It does suffer a lot from blocks and reflects though.

    ~ God Tier Guardian

  • Peutrifectus.4830Peutrifectus.4830 Member ✭✭✭

    I remember getting 1 shotted by a deadeye once. Once. Fool me twice, shame on me! ;)

    Sparkr's Wonderful World of Engineering - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEONFRaJV2u2f12ytXEir9A

  • Zedek.8932Zedek.8932 Member ✭✭✭

    Get out. Really.
    I am just recovering from that terrible Deadeye bug-up and nerf that caused me to quit for 2 months and now you come up with that Charr dung?

    Excelsior, my name is Zedexx; Asuran Deadeye and assassin.
    The Hunter / 2x Darksteel Pistols / 2x Whisper's Secret Daggers and my Springer. That's all I need and trust.
    "We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!"

  • Arlette.9684Arlette.9684 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 8, 2018

    It’s worth mentioning that given ANet’s new trend of making HoT less competitive, it’s likely that DD will get gutted in some way, uuugh sorry I meant to say it will get balanced the way Chrono and Condi Reaper got balanced.

    Inc 50% dmg reduction across the board.

    Edit: The only thing I'd like to see gone from thief across the board is the stupid 3333333 builds in all their variations. Continuously pressing the same button over and over should not be as rewarding as it is. Maybe a revision to the poisons to scale them with the new reality that is PoF.

  • Legatus.3608Legatus.3608 Member ✭✭✭

    @Gretzel.6790 said:
    Too many people taking this at face value; its obviously a joke.

    Hahaha but the thing is he's not joking. I see threads about thief build QQ every single day and most of them are about terrible builds that killed some other kitten build piloted by a new player who doesn't know that he has 6 button on his bar that instantly win the fight against these thief builds.

    It's honestly a daily event, I think anet has it built into the daily system. Daily "QQ about thief builds on the forums" 1 of 3

  • Rufo.3716Rufo.3716 Member ✭✭✭

    The annoying thing about thief is the stupid stealth port crap so it's just a guessing game where they are. First thing they should do is nerf the hell out of all the stealth on thief and mesmer. That's the biggest problem right there.

  • Mbelch.9028Mbelch.9028 Member ✭✭✭

    Gonna give this troll effort a 3/10. Why waste a thread on this?

  • Arheundel.6451Arheundel.6451 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Look at all thieves running to the defense...sad game indeed

  • bluri.2653bluri.2653 Member ✭✭✭

    @Arheundel.6451 said:
    Look at all thieves running to the defense...sad game indeed

    😂😂😂😂

    www.twitch.tv/sindrener - Rank 55 Dragons/Orange Logo/Team Aggression

  • ioana.4590ioana.4590 Member
    edited July 12, 2018

    He ain't lying, this happened 3 times last night with different thieves, twice in WvW, once in PvP. (although I don't have the PVP shot someone recommended i share a photo though). This was after the patch of the patch july 11th 2018.

    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/461579797412446218/466825582995570688/Broken.png

  • Blackdagger.9670Blackdagger.9670 Member ✭✭✭

    @AngelLovesFredrik.6741 said:

    Core guardian can't really do anything against a competent deadeye. If the deadeye stays on no-ports, you can't really do anything other than disengage. The lack of viable ranged options really hurts guardians in this scenario, but counters are good for the game.

    However, that being said. I don't think deadeye (rifle specifically) should ever be a viable build in PvP. The play style isn't good for the game, the damage it pumps out is unreal. It does suffer a lot from blocks and reflects though.

    Duck Tier Guardian is right(for the first time), deadeye now seems a formidable thing to face against. Also most players are still not aware how dangerous it is if you let him/her freeshoot you. Seems so easy to play as well, just mark your enemy go in stealth, wait in stealth, wait and burst! I dont see any relevant personal skill required for this. Also I would say big radius reveal builds like gyro scrappers could easily lead them to suffer but remember deadeye got a elite skill which removes reveal and go in stealth again. Oh yes, seems like a total troublemaker. If it will go like this (and I highly doubt the opposite) deadeye will get the first target priority in teamfights from now on. At least they can't sustain this way.

  • Legatus.3608Legatus.3608 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 12, 2018

    @Blackdagger.9670 said:

    @AngelLovesFredrik.6741 said:

    Core guardian can't really do anything against a competent deadeye. If the deadeye stays on no-ports, you can't really do anything other than disengage. The lack of viable ranged options really hurts guardians in this scenario, but counters are good for the game.

    However, that being said. I don't think deadeye (rifle specifically) should ever be a viable build in PvP. The play style isn't good for the game, the damage it pumps out is unreal. It does suffer a lot from blocks and reflects though.

    Duck Tier Guardian is right(for the first time), deadeye now seems a formidable thing to face against. Also most players are still not aware how dangerous it is if you let him/her freeshoot you. Seems so easy to play as well, just mark your enemy go in stealth, wait in stealth, wait and burst!

    That isn't how malice works bro

  • Blackdagger.9670Blackdagger.9670 Member ✭✭✭

    @Legatus.3608 said:

    @Blackdagger.9670 said:

    @AngelLovesFredrik.6741 said:

    Core guardian can't really do anything against a competent deadeye. If the deadeye stays on no-ports, you can't really do anything other than disengage. The lack of viable ranged options really hurts guardians in this scenario, but counters are good for the game.

    However, that being said. I don't think deadeye (rifle specifically) should ever be a viable build in PvP. The play style isn't good for the game, the damage it pumps out is unreal. It does suffer a lot from blocks and reflects though.

    Duck Tier Guardian is right(for the first time), deadeye now seems a formidable thing to face against. Also most players are still not aware how dangerous it is if you let him/her freeshoot you. Seems so easy to play as well, just mark your enemy go in stealth, wait in stealth, wait and burst!

    That isn't how malice works bro

    who did talk about malice? Not me.
    Deadeye doesnt even need malice stacks now to ruin ppl's lives.

  • Sampson.2403Sampson.2403 Member ✭✭✭

    Bufffff mezzzmirrorrrrr

  • Malediktus.9250Malediktus.9250 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Thief, Mesmer and Necro should be deleted from pvp

    First person to reach 35,000 and 36,000 AP.
    killproof.me/proof/kEyr

<134567
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.