Grenade Range/Condi-Engi Gripe

dontlook.1823

After returning to the game several months ago I noticed many major changes to the game. Most I adapted to, but the grenade change hasn't sat well with me at all. It's one of my favorite things about engi. But this whole 900 range thing is really dumb. And to be perfectly honest. The whole explosives line is kind of out of whack yet changes keep being made to the firearms line which now really, really strong. I'm kind of curious why grenadier can't be moved to T2 or T3 and be given 1200 range. I know people were griefing a lot about engis positioning themselves really well and unloading on point. But with all the new especs I don't exactly thing that'd be easy.

Also, the explosives line really caters to power build set-ups so if some traits could be moved around to bolster grenades outside of that line that'd be cool. It wouldn't make much sense thematically but it'd be cool and make sense for the grenades cause thier condi. I dont know where I'm going for this but it's really difficult to get some solid condi burst out of a p/p nades engi now-a-days. I don't like stretching across two trait lines esp. explosives cause its only for 2 traits and the rest are quite useless to me. That and to be able to use Holo or Scrapper I have to give up a defensive trait line so I can be a condi engi. :\ Also, anet, plz don't do what you did to other classes by making scrapper that um class is/was really fun but its so niche like so, so, so niche and really only good in like 1 game mode. Wvw its ok I guess small scale but PvE like I feel like engis keep getting the short end of the stick. I don't play it often enough to care but I can say :astonished: at how bad scrapper is outside of pvp.

To sum up this rant, look at the explosives, do something about that grenade range, improve stacking with the condi engi. I didn't really talk about my last point but like really quick engis have like the best cover condi application in the game imoh but stacking condis to maintain pressure can be pretty difficult.

with love,

Don't look.

Archived