WvW Reaper zerg fights w/ dps meter!

Egorum.9506

You seem to act as though you discovered this? There were videos up the first week they buffed power Reaper. I created a power reaper Alt 6 months ago, and run it for funzo sometimes.

My commander will not allow me to run it in comp, because he doesn't believe so I am not suggesting that you are wrong to be happy about how well it does, just know that your a little late to the party. I ran with DOC 2 nights before your video and I was on Reaper, we had 5 reapers in our 40 man squad. All of them had competitive damage with Herald and Weaver.

The Trick to running reaper successfully is in limiting your exposure to the bomb and picking your moments to strike. Once you play it for a week or two you get into the rhythm and can go under (shroud) bomb and come up for air blow some condi clear cooldowns, and go back into the brawl.

The best thing I would say about Reaper, is that the burst damage is focused since you have control over it. If my reaper does 150k in a skirmish and the weaver does 250k, my 150k is on the players that matter, while the weaver's damage may be spread out across 20-30 players that soak it up as a group.

And Reaper is a very good counter to rev which makes it an interesting pick when facing a rev heavy comp. It can close, bomb and escape in a 6-10 second window, and will down Rev's and Weavers.

despite the competitive dps - reaper doesnt offer any support. no boons, no cleanses, much less area-denial, way less range options, less corrupts and no barrier (compared to scourge, weaver and herald). it is still being outperformed... just the gap is not a big as it used to be. which is a good i guess.

Archived