Where BLCs bugged on release day?!

Nooker.7856

Hi all,

to get the hydra staff I opened 40 BLCs. Not one item was uncommon or higher. I couldn't believed my eyes, normally it takes 5-15 key to get the skin I want.The other day and after a patch, I opened again 5 BLCs and received 2 uncommon und 1 very uncommon item.What the hack happened on PoF release day? 40 keys and just got crap, really crap (except of the 40 raptors...).

What had the same experience?

I got the Hydra staff on my 2nd chest on launch day. The chests are RNG. They are a gamble. I was very excited to get the staff skin so fast but there have been plenty of times I opened numerous chests in the past and got nothing rare. There is no reason to assume the chest was bugged simply because a rare item didn't drop for you. Opening BLCs is always a gamble. If you gamble, you have to be willing to accept the fact that you may not get what you're after.

@lorddavito.2395 said:Honestly, the black lion chests did get an invisible nerf quite clearly. I got 15 wardrobe unlocks from 250 chests. 15! That's an insanely low drop rate for a "common" item. Anet should either be clear about it being uncommon or just make them drop more and make it actually COMMON.

Just saying.

I get a wardrobe unlock quite often. I haven't tracked but thinking back I would guess 1 in every 5 to 10 chests. Plus it's a free skin unlock. It shouldn't drop from every 2nd or 3rd chest. Plus, each item most likely has it's own individual drop rate. So some uncommon drops probably have a higher drop rate than others. But if they divide the sections based on specific drop rate, rather than a range of drop rates, there could be way more than 4 tiers of items. The common/uncommon/rare/etc. classification is most likely grouping certain items in a drop rate range. For example, maybe the common items drop anywhere from a 1 in 3 to 1 in 10 drop rate, then uncommon is anything with a drop rate of 1 in 11 up to 1 in 25, etc. Just because items are on the same tier doesn't necessarily mean they have the same exact drop rate.

It is not "quite clear" that they got a nerf. One person's experience, or even one hundred people's experiences, is not a big enough sample to draw conclusions from.

Archived