Wrong Server shown??

andyMak.6985

I have been away from gw2 for a while and now returning i got invited to a guild.They are on a different server than i am and when i joined they said i would not be able to join them as they are different serves.

Since joining, i can only see their server in wvw and not mine.. is this as intended?i have other guilds if i rep them i dont change server it seems im stuck on this server now.not sure if there was a change recently for this

Server linking went into effect April 2016, linkings made 12 of the 24 NA servers "guests" and roughly the same amount of EU servers "guests". A guest is not represented in the match by their server name, they play under their host servers name. Relink's happen every 2 months on the last Friday of every even month.

During each linking you can be invited to guilds on either the host server or a guild of one of their links and you can play with them for the duration of the link, but, it is not guaranteed you will be able to play with them after the next relink UNLESS you are on the same server or a link of their server.

Archived