Rune of the Mirage [thread]

Novamatrix.2569

@RBMoose.1439 said:Speaking of runes, I haven't tried this, but what about runes of the daredevil? Given the state of ambushes i doubt it matters, but i wonder if it guarantees a crit for ambush attacks, or if you have to finish the evasion before it'll give the crit.

They are bad for mesmers.

We don't really have one big hit attack we can build around. None of our ambush attacks really hit hard.

• 10 months later...

@"bart.3687" said:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Evasion

3 secs of swiftness and fury on dodge every 10 secs and 2 secs of cripple on nearby foes on dodge on 10 secs cd as well. Not to mention it gives ferocity so it's useless unless you are running power builds. Rune of Evasion is certainly not a godsend, it's not even good imo.

Rune of Evasion would be great if they removed the internal CDs. It ruins it

Rune of the Mirage wants you to build a condi tank with trailblazer>dire stats. Tanking has never been the strenght of mesmers but this elite specialization might pull it of. I can imagine this to work if you'd go all out on it, maybe also chosing the inspiration or chaos skill line. But even then you might want a different rune. I for example had a hard time chosing between Rune of the Adventurer (extra dodge roll) and Rune of the Traveler (extra movement speed). At the end I chose traveller runes because as a pure melee mesmer (sword/sword and axe/torch) I need the extra speed to chase my target and because I play celestial. Start with the question where the focus on your strategy lies and then decide on the rune that supports that best. If you already have a lot of dodge rolls to proc the rune and also rely on toughness and actually need some heal, then go for it.

Archived