HGH, the "Too much Damage" litmus test.

Apolo.5942

It is a well known fact that damage has been increasing and increasing in an effort from arenanet to make core specs obsolete and sell expansions.

Now, a little push to make things faster is not such a big deal, the problem comes when that push throws you over the cliff, which i think it already did.

It dawned on me, while coming back to for PoF and rolling my original love, engineer, that people are opting for A.E.D over Healing turret, something very much unheard of. Then i remembered that a long time ago Elixir might stacking used to be a thing.

What do this 2 things have in common? specially taking into account that in a condition rich meta, elixirs heal conditions. What they have in common is that both are MORE spiky.

In today's meta, you would be dead several times over BEFORE you could stack any significant might through HGH, similarly you take WAY more damage than the turret heals while you are waiting for it to go through the cicle (deploy-mist-detonation).

There for i propose the HGH damage litmus test.

IF HGH is not a viable spec, then there is too much damage flying around.

what do you even mean by HGH being a viable spec? full elixir has always been a bad build.

scrapper still runs HGH and stacks might, and so does holo- so HGH is still meta as a trait. both specs have additional might stacking abilities that compliment HGH well. both can hit 25 might rather easily too.

so does that mean HGH is a viable spec?because if it doesn't HGH was never viable ever.

also, HT is still meta lol. look at Chaith's steam to see some actually good engineer play.

@choovanski.5462 said:what do you even mean by HGH being a viable spec? full elixir has always been a bad build.

scrapper still runs HGH and stacks might, and so does holo- so HGH is still meta as a trait. both specs have additional might stacking abilities that compliment HGH well. both can hit 25 might rather easily too.

so does that mean HGH is a viable spec?because if it doesn't HGH was never viable ever.

also, HT is still meta lol. look at Chaith's steam to see some actually good engineer play.

Mmm... no, there was a time, way before HoT, when HGH builds were very viable, both in pvp and wvw.

The problem is, that those kinds of builds, required ramp up time, which now is none existent.

Them not being viable any more, much like healing turret not being viable any more, is a symptom of how much damage is flying around and how it completely obliterates any sort of tactical play, in favor of up in your face burst damage and invulnerability CDs.

@Apolo.5942 said:

@choovanski.5462 said:what do you even mean by HGH being a viable spec? full elixir has always been a bad build.

Mmm... no, there was a time, way before HoT, when HGH builds were very viable, both in pvp and wvw.

The problem is, that those kinds of builds, required ramp up time, which now is none existent.

Them not being viable any more, much like healing turret not being viable any more, is a symptom of how much damage is flying around and how it completely obliterates any sort of tactical play, in favor of up in your face burst damage and invulnerability CDs.

I can't recall elixir engineer ever being meta. historically engineer's best time was in the cele meta, which started back in 2015. prior to that condi was the main engineer build.neither of those builds, or even the soldiers varient were elixir builds.

maybe some people ran it in solo queue, but it's never been a meta build. if it ever was it was well over 3 years ago. so using a build that's been bad for 3 years, if it was ever good at all- seems an insane way to test how good current balance is. it doesn't make any sense at all.

also, dude. HT is still the meta heal. it's not been outsted by AED lol. also, tactical play is not gone at all. it's still here for anyone with a brain to utilise.

but considering you think HT is bad, and tactical play doesn't exist- I really don't think you have the necessary skill or understanding of the game to give effective feedback in relation to balance.

Archived