PSA: Don’t be mad because Rev OUTSKILLED YOU - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

PSA: Don’t be mad because Rev OUTSKILLED YOU

2>

Comments

• Snellibee.2761Snellibee.2761 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2019

@suffish.4150 said:
    There’s still more high level revs than rangers :(

But yes rev damage is OP, but tbh what dps class DOESN’T have OP damage these days? At least you can shut down rev with focus from condi classes, but I do have to say if condi mirage and condi thief are nerfed to the point that they are not even viable (which is what I expect to happen) then there is gonna be a ton of forum threads complaining about rev after the balance patch.

You don't even need to be condi thief to kill a rev, any thief will do. Thief hard counters rev by a mile.
    Tbh everything basically counters rev in a pure 1v1 where no gank is possible. The only thing that imo makes rev stand out is because it is able to teleport 1800 range and people that have zero awareness will get hit by deathstrike taking a big chump of damage and then cry on the forums that rev does too much damage.

Revenant's most damaging skills are really easy to avoid, especially since the shackling wave cast time nerf.

What I would change though is reduce shackling wave's damage by 20-30%, revert cast time change and increase immobilize duration. Shackling wave should be more of a utility skill instead of a pure damage skill
    EDIT: I just realized this post was from 2018 why the kitten is it at the top of the forums

@Milan.9035 said:
    I have been againt and with both bry and jay amd i have to say you are both good and healthy for the rev community. I do agree rev damage is on the high side butmost classes are right now.

Also if you power rev and you lose 1v1 to a guard, holo, or warrior then i dont know what to say. But please no nerfs. Do some other stuff to rev please. Buff shield. Make it a condi cleanse offhand and that would make it a viable weapon amd would reduce damage.

I can spare some damage for survival.

Competent holo and warr players should never lose to a rev 1v1?

• insane.7506insane.7506 Member ✭✭

War match up 1v1

I Never die vs rev plat 3 or legendary same

• Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭

Don't be mad u got out burst by rev.

FIFY :)

• Vieux P.1238Vieux P.1238 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2019

Rev Telegraphed attacks has nothing to do with skill's or being out skilled. Just saying...

Winter Nerf is coming!

• JayAction.9056JayAction.9056 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2019

@Solori.6025 said:
    ...Does Jay even play anymore? Lol

Yeah, I still play, but my new sports car takes up most of my free time at the moment

Also, tired of being firmly top 10 and having some random not even in top 250 argue with me over how to play the game lol.

Dunning Kruger is rampant in this game and on the forums.

PSA: Literally none of the Revs in the game playing are even mediocre imo so if any of you are crying over Rev at this point ... Yikes

I might as well not start farming people again. Don’t want anymore random -10% auto attack nerfs lnfao

@Elementalist Owner.7802 said:

@JayAction.9056 said:
    Recently there have been a few complaints on Rev specifically Rev damage.

First, I would like to point out that rev still has the LOWEST power damage and LOWEST power burst of ALL classes in a PVE environment. Yet, with that being the case rev still has pvp specific damage and CD nerfs to even further lower this damage.

Second, there are very few Revs that are playing consistently at high skill rating. If you are going to call something out for being OP pertaining to Rev you might as well from now on just say “XXX out skilled me and I want him nerfed.”

As we all know rev has the MOST EXPLOITABLE weaknesses of all classes. It’s quite easy to win against rev just by playing a certain way or a certain spec.

So for the sake of keeping things short; maybe from now on don’t call out rev. Call out the specific rev that farmed you, and state why this specific person is OP. No need to cry against Rev insert laughing emoji.

Imagine stroking your ego on the forums of a dead, unbalanced game where power creep has removed talent and skill entirely from the equation, and 90% of the competitive scene has moved on with their lives.

Ive been straight farming 99.9% of the games population since season 1 and I make more money than you in real life bro. Facts

Competitive scene??? You mean the guys getting farmed coming together and having some live kitten show for the masses to watch?

Yeah bro that died long ago when they mostly started getting exposed during seasons.

• Thornwolf.9721Thornwolf.9721 Member ✭✭✭

The only way rev can do PvP is by running power (At least without hindering, or limiting themselves and being an easy target.)

• Power herald is our ONLY viable build for solo, actual pvp and anything outside of Support builds (Unless you count hammer, which is only good for zerg surfing.)
    • Top players are bad, simple. We don't have any of those top players from when this game was in the E-sports/actually competitive which means these players are either up and coming or are simply biased.
    • Support build is only good for bunkering (Not even that) but only really in WvW.
    • Condi can't even be used not unless you like being a loot pinata.
    • Renegade is trash outside of raids.

In reality Rev has the most limiting builds, and weapon choices as we only have one ranged weapon that is effective in Pvp and the rest is melee with only a few being good. (Sword, sword/Staff is ran for a reason.) This comes down to the rest of Rev still suffering and needing some love because at the moment we have so little that can actually be used in any competitive scene outside of PVE. Calling for a nerf is basically saying "Remove the class entirly from the competitive scene and don't allow it to be there." Because for a Long time it wasn't and honestly a good scourage or firebrand can easily kill a Rev. So can spell breaker, boonbeast and almost all of the PoF and HoT specs can as well. (Scrapper is a monster.) There are worse contenders out there, it's just the PvP scene is so small those revs who have stepped up are easier to notice because there are so few players within that game-mode let alone players worth knowing.

• alcopaul.2156alcopaul.2156 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2019

outskilling is fake news. it's playing the ultimate "got all the defense and damage/spawns all the available boons in the game/inflicts all the conditions in game/16k damage in one hit/block.invuln.evade for like 25 seconds/heals 50% health every 5 seconds" character in Unranked.

Your Math Tèacher [MATH]
    Digital Headhuntaz [aBrA]

• Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭

Well played Revenant player
    Lvyas

(enjoy :) )

• Eddbopkins.2630Eddbopkins.2630 Member ✭✭✭✭

Who can get mad at a teleport bomb...i mean doesnt everyone have spider sence and perfect ability to dodge a instant teleport attack?

• Miles Smiles.8951Miles Smiles.8951 Member ✭✭✭

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:
    ..i mean doesnt everyone have spider sence and perfect ability to dodge a instant teleport attack?

good try, flanby

edited June 1, 2019

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:
    Who can get mad at a teleport bomb...i mean doesnt everyone have spider sence and perfect ability to dodge a instant teleport attack?

It isn't instant, deathstrike has 600 range and is a 'two part skill' meaning the first part (the shadowstep) needs to hit, if it does you'll cast another skill right after doing the devestating damage so if you didn't see that one coming I'm sorry but that's your fault. However Phase traversal van be combined with deathstrike to shadowstep to maximum 1800 range which also gives quickness so theres less time to react. BUT do this this combo - which hits for 4-8k depending on how much might the rev has (he won't have 25 if he didn't just come from a fight 2 seconds ago) - he needs to use 50 energy (which is the amount a rev starts at from out of combat) which then means the rev will not have any energy left to use another skill so autoattacks will be the only option (unless he is able to switch to glint ofcourse) but that puts a vital stunbreak on CD

In other words, Revenants are very vulnerable after such a combo that everyone seems to hate. If the Revenant does not have glint off CD a simple CC will be able to kill said Revenant because there will be no energy left for riposting shadows

• Falan.1839Falan.1839 Member ✭✭✭

Pretty sure I didn't dig up this thread btw, guess I got trolled.

Falásya / Caissech

"When you say it's gonna happen "now"
    When exactly do you mean?
    See I've already waited too long
    And all my hope is gone"
    The Smiths about Balance and PvP changes

• Vague Memory.2817Vague Memory.2817 Member ✭✭✭

Funny thread...the more single hit damage you do the less time it takes to down someone, and therefore the less skill it takes to do it.

• kodesh.2851kodesh.2851 Member ✭✭

While I do think rev is fine doesn't need any further nerfing, the OP's reasoning is laughable at best, and makes me wonder if he may suffer from ptsd from abuse because of the glaring insecurity it shows :/

• Traveller.7496Traveller.7496 Member ✭✭✭

Well I'm certainly getting clowned by revs constantly. They have huge damage, can teleport to you and block/evade your attacks like crazy. Would be nice to hear any tips to counter it (I play a spellbreaker).

• AngelLovesFredrik.6741AngelLovesFredrik.6741 Member ✭✭✭✭

I've missed you Jay. Died to any burn Firebrands lately?

~ God Tier Guardian

• DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭

Im more concernd about necros.
    They revive long dead topics.> @Falan.1839 said:

Probably Cookie, Wing and Trama got outskilled in mAT final to by double rev and that's why they lost every tf and only narrowly won the game over rotations, +1s and Boyce 1v1ing...

Somehow Rev always had the biggest lobby, stacking cry thread over cry thread when Condi Builds were giving it a hard time in late HoT despite still being meta in competitive teams, selling the revamp as a huge nerf and now defending the class when it's clearly the strongest teamfighter by miles and at the same time still able to duel some dedicated sidenoders, and comp with 2 or even 3 revs are getting amazing results in ATs, and double rev being among the strongest rank duos. But sure, a portengage with almost no tell that does 8k+ damage, slows and chills for 3s before it even hits and gives yourself fury and all that on a CD 15s with low energy cost is totally fine. And then some gold league hero comes along and agrees because he beat some monkey who couldn't press his heal in ranked while Vebryan, Pain or Sieki would wipe the flor with him in 3s, kitten.

• Shuriken.6738Shuriken.6738 Member ✭✭

Mmmm... Fresh memes, nice.

• Solori.6025Solori.6025 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Falan.1839 said:
    Pretty sure I didn't dig up this thread btw, guess I got trolled.

LOL you have necro powers you didn't know you had 😂

Tingle my stingleberry

• Falan.1839Falan.1839 Member ✭✭✭

Yeah, I'm fairly sure there was another post before me that got deleted again. But it was a solid troll attempt to dig up this thread in the current meta, ngl.

Falásya / Caissech

"When you say it's gonna happen "now"
    When exactly do you mean?
    See I've already waited too long
    And all my hope is gone"
    The Smiths about Balance and PvP changes

• DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2019

@Falan.1839 said:
    Yeah, I'm fairly sure there was another post before me that got deleted again. But it was a solid troll attempt to dig up this thread in the current meta, ngl.

Welp... its alive now.

Lets keep it that way.

„Cough“

Evil Mist Man bad!!!
    Evil Mist Man do big ouch!

Meme‘s never die!

• Flandre.2870Flandre.2870 Member ✭✭✭

rev outskilled me with 30 sec perma prot to their entire team while simultaneously being the best sustained,burst and +1 dps in the game. unluckers.

• Aza.2105Aza.2105 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2019

Rev can now out skill you, but about a year ago they could not: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/25118/give-revenant-stealth/p1

Which one is it? Is it skill or simply being over tuned by buffs? Why wasn't there a thread about out skilling a opponent before the rev buffs? They should exist since this is obviously not a issue with a class being over tuned. If you could win by skill alone then why even ask for buffs? There should be no need.

GW2 balance changes always make it so a class/es are over tuned for a brief period of time. During that time threads pop up telling other players that its THEM that is the problem. That all they need to do is: know how to play the game, don't be mad, get good, its all skill. Then when Anet finally decides to tune down the class then we get threads asking for buffs and how hard it is to win compared to xx class.

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Aza.2105 said:
    Rev can now out skill you, but about a year ago they could not: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/25118/give-revenant-stealth

Which one is it? Is it skill or simply being over tuned by buffs? Why wasn't there a thread about out skilling a opponent before the rev buffs? They should exist since this is obviously not a issue with a class being over tuned. If you could win by skill alone then why even ask for buffs? There should be no need.

GW2 balance changes always make it so a class/es are over tuned for a brief period of time. During that time threads pop up telling other players that its THEM that is the problem. That all they need to do is: know how to play the game, don't be mad, get good, its all skill. Then when Anet finally decides to tune down the class then we get threads asking for buffs and how hard it is to win compared to xx class.

LOL

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Master Ketsu.4569Master Ketsu.4569 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 6, 2019

The rev hate is half justified and half not.

Power Shiro has been the one and only build considered competitively viable for a long time now, and for a period during PoF launch was considered a low tier spec. The problem back then was Rev had the damage, but lacked utility and thus couldn't deal with the insane condi-power creep where nearly every condi build has passives to automatically stack 2-4 cover conditions on top of normal skill usage. I think Anet made a huge mistake at this point, where instead of just improving Revs base condi clear and general utility they buffed Revs damage when it already has one of the highest burst damage combos in the game. They should seriously revert a lot of the damage buffs revs got while giving the class better utility in exchange.

IMO I would do this:
    First some nerfs/reverts and reworks of some of the buffs rev has gotten in the past 2 years
    1. Revert Notoriety back to just giving might. No need for an extra 250 power. This is IMO the #1 important issue with how Rev damage was power crept. It's very easy to gain over +600 power from just this trait alone in terms of the might you get from it and the bonus power.
    2. Split targeted destruction PvE/PvP so it has a maximum bonus of 8% in PvP. The rework that gave it 0.5% damage was a balanced sidegrade in 1v1, but in teams with double revs it actually becomes a stupid buff because it's very easy for 2 revs bursting the same target to stack vuln.
    3. Split Reinforced Potency and Forceful persistence for PvE/PvP so it gives 0.8% per boon and 10% damage in competitive game modes.
    4. Change sword 4 back into a block with the following Rework:
    Duelists preparation ( Part 1 ): Block incoming attacks for 2 seconds. Gain Shackling force for 3 seconds for each attack blocked ( Maximum 5 stacks ).
    Shackling wave ( Part 2 ): Same as it is now, but only does the additional strike damage for each stack of Shackling force. +100% damage in PvE only
    This makes Sword 4 into a more interactive counter attack skill that is fun to both use and play against, instead of the current "Woops I just ate 40-90% of your whole health bar after a teleport / dodge bait". This rework makes the damage very low if nothing is blocked, but still an overall great skill.
    5. Sword 5 now split between game modes and does 8% less in competitive and 120% more in PvE. ( This is mainly due to the buff it received that hastened the casting speed, but reverting that buff would make the skill feel very clunky so slightly reducing the damage is a better nerf )

Then some utility buffs to make up for it so Rev still has a decent meta build, more balanced towards skirmishing rather than just instagibbing people at random. These mainly will prevent Rev from falling back to garbage tier as soon as the meta shifts towards conditions.
    1. Increased the condis cleared by Cleansing channel and Renewing wave by 1. Renewing wave cast reduced by 1/4 second.
    2. Staff 2 now does 10% less damage and dazes targets for 1/2 second.
    3. Enduring recovery: In addition to 25% increased endurance, this trait now removes a condi after a successful dodge roll ( combat only )
    4. Shield skills now remove conditions by default, Hardening persistence now reduces shield skill recharges by 20% instead of clearing conditions. Shield 4 reworked to a leap to the targeted area it addition to it's current effects with range reduced to 600.
    5. Dragon elite split between competitive game modes is now damage instead of recharge. It has a 20s recharge in all modes, but does 40% less damage in PvP and 200% more damage in PvE.
    6. Rework renegade to make it not trash.

These are the sort of changes needed to actually fix revenant rather than just covering up issues with nonsense changes like "10% less auto attack damage" when the main burst combos rely on sword offhand. People dislike being instantly bursted but removing the only shindig rev has without giving anything in return would just kill the class. The only real reason rev is strong right now is because we are in a burst meta thanks partially to how much insane condi clear Scrapper and FB can dish out.

• reddie.5861reddie.5861 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2019

@JayAction.9056 said:

First, I would like to point out that rev still has the LOWEST power damage and LOWEST power burst of ALL classes in a PVE environment. Yet, with that being the case rev still has pvp specific damage and CD nerfs to even further lower this damage.

Second, there are very few Revs that are playing consistently at high skill rating. If you are going to call something out for being OP pertaining to Rev you might as well from now on just say “XXX out skilled me and I want him nerfed.”

As we all know rev has the MOST EXPLOITABLE weaknesses of all classes. It’s quite easy to win against rev just by playing a certain way or a certain spec.

So for the sake of keeping things short; maybe from now on don’t call out rev. Call out the specific rev that farmed you, and state why this specific person is OP. No need to cry against Rev insert laughing emoji.

o man i didnt realize this was a bad kitten necro :o

• Aza.2105Aza.2105 Member ✭✭✭

@reddie.5861 said:

@JayAction.9056 said:

o man i didnt realize this was a bad kitten necro :o

lol I just noticed!

• Master Ketsu.4569Master Ketsu.4569 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 6, 2019

This thread is a necro but the discussion is more relevant now than when it was actually posted.

• MrPhantasia.5924MrPhantasia.5924 Member ✭✭✭

@JayAction.9056 said:

@Solori.6025 said:
    ...Does Jay even play anymore? Lol

Yeah, I still play, but my new sports car takes up most of my free time at the moment

Also, tired of being firmly top 10 and having some random not even in top 250 argue with me over how to play the game lol.

Dunning Kruger is rampant in this game and on the forums.

PSA: Literally none of the Revs in the game playing are even mediocre imo so if any of you are crying over Rev at this point ... Yikes

I might as well not start farming people again. Don’t want anymore random -10% auto attack nerfs lnfao

Wait, it's SO WEIRD

I had this NOTIFICATION from you.

About how you had something to say, about me and Onarock dunking on your DK+Pala with PWar+DPriest during WotLK.

And now it's gone somehow.

It's a wonder.

A mystery.

Just what happened.

To your post.

Did you hurt yourself In confusion?

After the most recent nerf, please lmfao.

Crying on Rev STILL????

• Tayga.3192Tayga.3192 Member ✭✭✭

@JayAction.9056 said:

Crying on Rev STILL????

You... just resurrected this thread again?

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Tayga.3192 said:

@JayAction.9056 said:

Crying on Rev STILL????

You... just resurrected this thread again?

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Swagg.9236Swagg.9236 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 19, 2019

There isn't really much skill in GW2 at large, but undead-rogue-motif can indeed teleport onto a target from off-screen, and doing so to a target without any panic buttons will probably result in a kill. Oh lawd, I just saw the OP timestamp for this thread. Please seek help.

• ZhouX.8742ZhouX.8742 Member ✭✭✭

new sports car, make more than you irl

i cant lmao

• dagger dave.5201dagger dave.5201 Member ✭✭✭

i think its hilarious u kids talking kitten about jay. u wouldnt say this kitten to him at lan, hes jacked. not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants, has a brand new sports car, makes more money irl than you and hangs out with the hottest dudes. yall are pathetic lol

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.