Rev Open World Build Help

AliamRationem.5172

Hi, guys! I'm not really sure what I'm looking for here, but I like the look of mace/axe and shortbow and legendary demon stance with Demonic Defiance and Maniacal Persistence sounds like it would be fun to play with. However, I'm having trouble coming up with something coherent to make use of that in a rev build, in large part because I've barely played the class at all (unlocked herald, wasn't feeling it and haven't tried again since then!). So maybe a few questions to get the ball rolling? Whatever insight you may have (whether directly answering these questions or not!) is appreciated.

I noticed an Invocation/Corruption/Renegade setup has access to lots of fury and might as well as the means to boost crit chance significantly without necessarily requiring precision. Normally, Viper is the way to go, and it seems clear that expertise is very much needed for a condi rev build. But how important are power/precision to such a build (in open world)? Would it be feasible, for instance, to go with trailblazer stats and still output decent damage in this setting (I know that wouldn't fly in a max DPS scenario)?

If not, how survivable would a build like this be? I don't expect a lot of issues with normal and veteran units, but if I wanted to solo champs with rev is this going to work or would the extra toughness/vitality be a reasonable tradeoff? Or is the damage loss so severe that it would be like watching paint dry to use this setup?

Which legend would you pair with Mallyx? None of them appear at first glance to be particularly condi-forward? Would you go with Shiro for mobility?

Or should I just scrap this plan and go another way for rev? What would you guys who know the class well do for open world? Hit me with some wisdom! Thanks!

@AliamRationem.5172 saidWould it be feasible, for instance, to go with trailblazer stats and still output decent damage in this setting

If you consider this question is a vacuum, then yes, it is entirely feasible to go Trailblazer for more survivability. However, when you consider a that full set of Viper armor is nearly 40g--or 43%--cheaper than a set of Trailblazer armor, the idea become far less feasible for a set of armor simply for open world content.

@AliamRationem.5172 saidWhich legend would you pair with Mallyx?

Most DPS Renegades go with Kalla for the additional Bleed applications from Razorclaw's Rage, AOE CC with Darkrazor's Daring, and two sources of healing. You can also opt for Jali for the extra Stability and Weakness from Inspiring Reinforcement, and sustain with Vengeful Hammers.

If played well, the PVE rev is not frail at all. No matter what build you use. On berserker rev I've soloed the Legendary Modrem Wyvern Matriarch as well as the Clockheart by facetanking, and on viper rev I've soloed so many champs that I've lost count. I don't even question it: I just run up to the champ and start swinging.

For the condi build, definitely go with Kalla. Renegade Stance has two really good defensive skills: Darkrazor's Daring shreds bars. Soulcleave's Summit is a good heal skill for a minor personal DPS loss, but you can combine Soucleave with Icerazor to act as a third heal skill. Renegade also gives itself plenty of vigor, so dodges are aplenty. But, if you're fighting an enemy that is just lousy with projectiles, bring along Centaur Stance and use Protective Solace to render them completely helpless.

Overall, condi rev is a solid option anywhere in PVE. The biggest weakness of condi rev is that it does have a ramp up, and the second biggest weakness is that it can be difficult to learn due to a lot of the skills being heavily dependent on context.

On berserker rev I've soloed the Legendary Modrem Wyvern Matriarch as well as the Clockheart by facetankingMay I ask how did you manage these? I am fairly new both to Revenant and being a level 80 (this is my second character after quitting the game well before the first expansion) - I have problems even with normal veterans sometimes (especially if they apply conditions). I even tried to switch to valkyre amour (exotics) for the extra HP but still struggle a bit here and there.

@Roodie.6841 said:

On berserker rev I've soloed the Legendary Modrem Wyvern Matriarch as well as the Clockheart by facetankingMay I ask how did you manage these? I am fairly new both to Revenant and being a level 80 (this is my second character after quitting the game well before the first expansion) - I have problems even with normal veterans sometimes (especially if they apply conditions). I even tried to switch to valkyre amour (exotics) for the extra HP but still struggle a bit here and there.

Keep Berserker. Use Sw/Sw and Hammer. Take Assassin's Annihilation in the Devastation tree. Use Jalis. Activate Vengeful Hammers, the rotating hammers always will hit one or more foe(s) from the side and because of that siphon life. The heal skill from Jalis cleans up to 5 conditions. The third minor trait in the Devastation tree allows you to siphon life from foes who have the Vulnerability debuff, that both the first minor trait and the Sword auto-attack-chain apply. Switch to hammer when you need to get in a distance or when fighting distant foes. Hammer #4 creates a dark combo field that moves the same direction you move, and hammer auto attack is a projectile combo finisher that steals life and heals you too when fired through that field.

Archived