Scourge Condition Build Discussion (PvE)

Kam.4092

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRArY4fnE9CN9iV3Ae3A83gFhBjaKkF6V6119agNKAkAeAA-jBiHQBEU5XteCAkT/gGVCCgTCgz2Bgeq/EklHWHgAcumr5augH4AH4AH4AGgDcgDM35O35egDcApAWUvF-e

This is what I think will be best.

It will allow us to hit 100% cap easy with one Sand Shade out always, unless we have Alacrity.

We need to cap Condition Duration for Bleeding, Burning, and Torment now. Also this will cap Poison.

The Heal will end up being preference as usual. When using Staff you’d take Soul Marks.

I’m just wanting to start the discussion here about PvE builds.

I edited what I'll be using. This is what I'd be using now.http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRArY4fnE9CN9iV3Ae3A83gFhBjaKkF6VRBgEwDQvuuXDsA-jBiHQBaUJIAOJA06JA4sdAIoyP6p+D50PEklHWHgAcumr5augH4AH4AH4AGgDcgDM35O35egDcApAWUvF-e

I mainly do Open World, Fractals, WvW, and PvP. I do everything but Raid basically. I expect Sigils of Bursting to be replaced with Malice for Raids, and swapping some Viper's armor pieces to Sinister.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Mordaredrom.9162 said:I think it will need some life force generation, kitten skills eats a lot of it, i will use dessicate for fights with ads and shadow fiend for single target

Dessicate only adds 10% Life Force, it doesn't multiply per target. Shadow Fiend is a good idea though.

Also the Life Force generation is from Main Hand Dagger.

@Sodeni.6041 said:Do you think that the griever's stat type thats coming with PoF (power, precision, ferocity, condition damage) will be better than viper stats for scourge?

we have yet to find out come 22nd or maybe later when the DPS testers acquire a full ascended (or just exotic) gear then fine tune the rotation ( i think it would take time)

but personally i think VIPERS will be superior due to condition duration..

@Mordaredrom.9162 said:I think it will need some life force generation, kitten skills eats a lot of it, i will use dessicate for fights with ads and shadow fiend for single target

This guy has a point. How do we sustain the lifeforce ? On fights with adds this won't be too much of an issue but on fights with no adds (like Cairn, Matth etc.) I'm not sure the scepter skill 3 will suffice.

@BURDZ.5376 said:

@Sodeni.6041 said:Do you think that the griever's stat type thats coming with PoF (power, precision, ferocity, condition damage) will be better than viper stats for scourge?

we have yet to find out come 22nd or maybe later when the DPS testers acquire a full ascended (or just exotic) gear then fine tune the rotation ( i think it would take time)

but personally i think VIPERS will be superior due to condition duration..

Ok! I'll wait to gear my necro then.

@VodCom.6924 said:

This guy has a point. How do we sustain the lifeforce ? On fights with adds this won't be too much of an issue but on fights with no adds (like Cairn, Matth etc.) I'm not sure the scepter skill 3 will suffice.

Thats why we need some condi on mh dagger, use dagger for lf generation will probably be a dps loss.

I wass thinking about staff, change weapons, pop marks and change again, but maybe it does not make so much difference in the end.

@Mordaredrom.9162 said:

@VodCom.6924 said:

Thats why we need some condi on mh dagger, use dagger for lf generation will probably be a dps loss.

I wass thinking about staff, change weapons, pop marks and change again, but maybe it does not make so much difference in the end.

The smallest DPS loss is to simply not use your shade skills other than refreshing the sandshades. We do not "need" condition on dagger. Moreover, if you convert dagger into a condi weapon, you limit too much the options for a power vanilla necro.

In my previous post I wondered about the LF generation. However the option I considered was to switch one utility skill around, not switching a weapon.

Conditions on dagger mainhand is another topic, but some bleeds there is still in-theme with the weapon. So long as it doesn't see nerfs to the power ratio, it's still a fine choice for Power builds even with some bleed ticks.

The more I think about it, the more I really think that Trail of Anguish is just not going to cut it in raid scenarios. Sure, it's a no cast time burn, but it is generally only 1 stack on its cooldown. Almost universally, that slot is better suited for Shadow Fiend, as that will give superior DPS and also give more life force.

I'm going to see what sort of damage I can get out of the grieving set, d/t and some condi duration runes/sigils.Unless it has changed, the effect from manifest sand shades attack doesnt stack but the attack itself did. Means you can get a bunch of damage coeff wise from it and DS. while still having respectable condition duration relative to the length the conditions actually last in the first place.

Hey!I got a full set of ascended armor from completing the first legendary armor collection and I can choose all stat types.

My question is: When PoF launches, will I be able to select the new stat types on this armor as well (grievers, etc.)?I want to make a condition necromancer and want to wait and see whether griever or viper will be meta soon.

But if I will not be able to select the griever's stats I am gonna choose viper's gear now and gear my necro up.

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:Conditions on dagger mainhand is another topic, but some bleeds there is still in-theme with the weapon. So long as it doesn't see nerfs to the power ratio, it's still a fine choice for Power builds even with some bleed ticks.

The more I think about it, the more I really think that Trail of Anguish is just not going to cut it in raid scenarios. Sure, it's a no cast time burn, but it is generally only 1 stack on its cooldown. Almost universally, that slot is better suited for Shadow Fiend, as that will give superior DPS and also give more life force.

Sadistic Searing gives Burning on Sand Shades when you summon them, after using Punishments. That's why Trail of Anguish is good. Shadow Fiend does look good though for Scourge.

@VodCom.6924 said:

@Mordaredrom.9162 said:

@VodCom.6924 said:

The smallest DPS loss is to simply not use your shade skills other than refreshing the sandshades. We do not "need" condition on dagger. Moreover, if you convert dagger into a condi weapon, you limit too much the options for a power vanilla necro.

In my previous post I wondered about the LF generation. However the option I considered was to switch one utility skill around, not switching a weapon.

A ton of our DPS is from Sand Shade skills, this is horrible advice. We will need to be casting them to maintain support and DPS. Since we will be spamming Sand Shade skill, then Main Hand Dagger will be best for Life Force.

@Sublimatio.6981 said:this isn't optimised for raids etc.i posted a while ago on reddit the build that is more likely to be the meta, if there are no significant changes made to the spec.

>>click<<

I think this is very unlikely to be meta, because scepter in both was a significant DPS loss in the tests we could do. Dagger/Torch and Scepter/Dagger was quite a bit better, the conditions you get from using the F abilities continuously usually were doing much more than autoattacking in scepter did, while also adding utility.

Dagger doesn't have conditions, yes, but it doesn't need to - all it does need to do is enable more usage of your F skills, which add more conditions than remaining in scepter would.

@Kam.4092 said:

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:Conditions on dagger mainhand is another topic, but some bleeds there is still in-theme with the weapon. So long as it doesn't see nerfs to the power ratio, it's still a fine choice for Power builds even with some bleed ticks.

Sadistic Searing gives Burning on Sand kitten when you summon them, after using Punishments. That's why Trail of Anguish is good. Shadow Fiend does look good though for Scourge.

From what I remember it doesn't work like slick shoes used to. With 100% duration you'll get 1 stack of burning for 10s and 1 stack for 8s from the trait every 15~20s depending on alacrity. It doesnt seem like much when you look at it that way and the opportunity costs of a utility slot.

@Zefiris.8297 said:

@Sublimatio.6981 said:this isn't optimised for raids etc.i posted a while ago on reddit the build that is more likely to be the meta, if there are no significant changes made to the spec.

I think this is very unlikely to be meta, because scepter in both was a significant DPS loss in the tests we could do. Dagger/Torch and Scepter/Dagger was quite a bit better, the conditions you get from using the F abilities continuously usually were doing much more than autoattacking in scepter did, while also adding utility.

Dagger doesn't have conditions, yes, but it doesn't need to - all it does need to do is enable more usage of your F skills, which add more conditions than remaining in scepter would.

Yay someone gets it :D

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Kam.4092 said:

Sadistic Searing gives Burning on Sand kitten when you summon them, after using Punishments. That's why Trail of Anguish is good. Shadow Fiend does look good though for Scourge.

From what I remember it doesn't work like slick shoes used to. With 100% duration you'll get 1 stack of burning for 10s and 1 stack for 8s from the trait every 15~20s depending on alacrity. It doesnt seem like much when you look at it that way and the opportunity costs of a utility slot.

Exactly. Honestly, I'm not convinced any punishments will be worth the slot in raids. Maybe Sand Swell, where its use can buy a few more seconds of group DPS before going to a safe spot from an attack, but that's only going to be in a couple of encounters.

Not even the Heal skill is likely to cut it, as Blood Fiend and Signet of Vampirism are both better DPS options, and you don't generally need the personal heal. Will have to see how new raids work before completely ruling out Sand Flare, though.

I'm actually thinking the Barrier on Shade placement will work better than the Punishment trait.

@Bluntdaddy.3914 said:I was going through the build, and wondering where all the condi cleanse is? Then I remembered that f2 is a condi cleanse, this build looks pretty good, except dagger main hand is not a condi weapon. What would be the best alternative?

Dagger. Staff is probably second best, but outside of secnarios where you can use the piercing on the auto, it builds life force too slowly and does far worse damage than Dagger.

Heck, Axe might even be better than Staff for Condi builds in raids.

@Bluntdaddy.3914 said:I was going through the build, and wondering where all the condi cleanse is? Then I remembered that f2 is a condi cleanse, this build looks pretty good, except dagger main hand is not a condi weapon. What would be the best alternative?

We only got Axe, Scepter, Dagger for mainhand..And with Axe and Dagger only being Power.. Scepter/? Scepter/? Is going to be the way really.I mean if you throw a malice on the scepter you'll always get 10% duration from it.

Archived