Low fps on GTX 1060

Hi,I just bought and installed new card Zotac 1060 3GB AMP and I am getting 20-30fps.My rest of PC config :MotherBoard: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4Processor: Intel i5 3570KGraphics Card: Zotac 1060 3GB AMP! EditionHardDisk: Seagate Barracuda 1TB , Western Digital Black Caviar 4TBSSD : Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD , Samsung 850 Pro 500GBRAM: G.Skill 1600Mhz 4x2 = 8GB DDR3PSU: Cooler Master GX650 Bronze EditionCabinet: Crosshair 400R Carbide Series Mid Tower CaseMonitor: Samsung 24" Series 7 SyncMaster S24BB750

7bmqDUL.jpg

Guild Wars 2 is more CPU reliant, not GPU. The specs you have are fine even the CPU, the problem is that you're trying to run the game at max settings. When you're playing solo in open world PvE, frame rate drops are rare. It's the world PvE events and cities where you will get the most amount of frame rate drops. Even with those kind of specs I wouldn't recommend running the game at max settings. It may not look as good, but I prefer having my games run smoothly at all time with little to no frame rate drops rather than looking pretty and heating up my graphics card.

I have a similar problem (using a gtx 1070 and an amd fx-8350 processor). I've tried highest settings vs lowest settings but only got a 10 fps increase, which isn't worth the potato graphics imo. The highest impact on fps has the "Character Model Limit" setting. I recommend setting that no higher than medium no matter how good your system is.

@Hoodie.1045 said:Guild Wars 2 is more CPU reliant, not GPU. The specs you have are fine even the CPU, the problem is that you're trying to run the game at max settings. When you're playing solo in open world PvE, frame rate drops are rare. It's the world PvE events and cities where you will get the most amount of frame rate drops. Even with those kind of specs I wouldn't recommend running the game at max settings. It may not look as good, but I prefer having my games run smoothly at all time with little to no frame rate drops rather than looking pretty and heating up my graphics card.

Can you tell, what all options should I select to low..

@smoker.6731 said:

@Hoodie.1045 said:Guild Wars 2 is more CPU reliant, not GPU. The specs you have are fine even the CPU, the problem is that you're trying to run the game at max settings. When you're playing solo in open world PvE, frame rate drops are rare. It's the world PvE events and cities where you will get the most amount of frame rate drops. Even with those kind of specs I wouldn't recommend running the game at max settings. It may not look as good, but I prefer having my games run smoothly at all time with little to no frame rate drops rather than looking pretty and heating up my graphics card.

General options:

• Collision sensitivity: Lowest• Field of view: Highest

Graphics options:

• Animation: Low• Anti-aliasing: SMAA Low• Environment: Low• LOD Distance: Low• Reflections: None• Textures: Low• Render Sampling: Native• Shadows: None• Shaders: Low• Post Processing: None• Character Model Limit: Lowest• Character Model Quality: Medium• Ambient Occlusion: Disabled• Best Texture Filtering: Disabled• Depth Blur: Disabled• Effect LOD: Enabled• High-Res Character Textures: Disabled• Light Adaptation: Enabled• Vertical Sync: Disabled• Motion Blur Power: Lowest

These are the settings I use. I know the game will not look as good as it does on the highest settings, but trust me, the FPS boost is worth it and you no longer have to worry about huge FPS drops even in the cities.

@Hoodie.1045 said:

General options:

• Collision sensitivity: Lowest• Field of view: Highest

Graphics options:

• Animation: Low• Anti-aliasing: SMAA Low• Environment: Low• LOD Distance: Low• Reflections: None• Textures: Low• Render Sampling: Native• Shadows: None• Shaders: Low• Post Processing: None• Character Model Limit: Lowest• Character Model Quality: Medium• Ambient Occlusion: Disabled• Best Texture Filtering: Disabled• Depth Blur: Disabled• Effect LOD: Enabled• High-Res Character Textures: Disabled• Light Adaptation: Enabled• Vertical Sync: Disabled• Motion Blur Power: Lowest

These are the settings I use. I know the game will not look as good as it does on the highest settings, but trust me, the FPS boost is worth it and you no longer have to worry about huge FPS drops even in the cities.

okay, in populated area in Lion arch, i am getting like 50-70 and in less populated more than 120-150

Archived