Fang of Mokèlé – Mordant Slicer

Well I got soulbeast elite spec for my ranger, and there's an achievement to gain the Fang of Mokèlé. The crowning bit is a recipe for the Mordant Slicer, which requires weaponsmith. I can't find a Mordant Slicer on the market, and the recipe vendor has it locked and says I have to get the more basic version. I took leathercrafting & huntsman for my ranger so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do for this achievement. Can somebody make a Mordant Slicer for me? I've almost got all the items for the achievement but now I'm worried I might be wasting my time....

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@"Oglaf.1074" said:

You only need a weapon that has the same skin unlock as the Mordant Slicer and it will work.

Oh? Because that ended up not being the case with the Sunspear weapons and their identical skin weapons. If that's true, then awesome.

That's how I got it unlocked for all my PoF Specialization weaponry.

The named Mordant weapons don't have unique skins seperate from the baseline one, so it will unlock "Mordant X" regardless and work for the collection.

Should probably also mention this was done much closer to PoF's release. Might've been changed since then. But I'm 110% sure it worked for me back then.

I had some confusion about the skins, you don't even need the Awakened Dagger (or whatever), you don't need to unlock the ability to purchase the recipe to make the Mordant Slicer or get the skin, you just need to unlock the skin itself for Mordant Slicer, which you can do by getting Aloeth, Revel in Ruin of Severance. Thanks all for the tips.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@"Oglaf.1074" said:

You only need a weapon that has the same skin unlock as the Mordant Slicer and it will work.

Oh? Because that ended up not being the case with the Sunspear weapons and their identical skin weapons. If that's true, then awesome.

That is because for the Sunspear weapon the collection requires the specific item while for the Mordant weapon it only requires the skin. You can see this in the collection interface. If you hover over the sunspear weapon you see exactly the same tooltip as you would over an item while the mordant weapon is the same as what you would see when hovering over stuff in the wardrobe.

@"Corax.7692" said:Okay so I got a cheap dagger with the same skin, and I was able to buy the recipe with that. But you're saying I also don't need to craft the weapon? I am not seeing a credit in the achievement for having Mordant Slicer so that part's a little confusing. Thanks for help so far!

You need to UNLOCK the skin, so rightclick and "unlock in wardrobe" or equip, salvage, mystic forge or delete the item. All unlock the skin so that it counts towards the collections.

Archived