When will Phantasmal Warden be useful??? Will it happen this decade!? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

When will Phantasmal Warden be useful??? Will it happen this decade!?

Nuka Cola.8520Nuka Cola.8520 Member ✭✭✭✭

Last time i saw anyone use it we were in 1946. Years ago, at least you could ball up pve mobs, use the Warden and it would do a lot of damage. But ever since they began changing this skill, Warden's damage became as useless as they come. Focus as a whole is complete garbage in every game mode. They reworked Phantasmal Mage, do a proper rework on Warden as well.

Comments

• Curunen.8729Curunen.8729 Member ✭✭✭✭

I seriously hope something positive happens with Focus today, but not holding my breath - any mesmer buff at all, no matter if it's to something completely underperforming and kitten, and the dissenters would be out for blood. :/

IH hybrid | My ears, how are you! | Kourna Jackrabbit for default Springer

• Belishine.7493Belishine.7493 Member ✭✭✭

the warden is now more of a timed thing so its harder to get it to work right ill agree with that. the damage for focus has been increased from what is used to be but it only lasts for the one turn its out so i can see why you do not like it. in short i dont see this geting any changes anytime soon.

• Nuka Cola.8520Nuka Cola.8520 Member ✭✭✭✭

At this point, Focus serves for one purpose. Pulling people off of walls in wvw. Sad story.

• @Nuka Cola.8520 said:
    At this point, Focus serves for one purpose. Pulling people off of walls in wvw. Sad story.

Focus pulls (and speed) are meta for a lot of fractal encounters.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:

The Pull is good, that's why i want the Warden to be good as well, so the weapon becomes useful outside of niche encounters

• Curunen.8729Curunen.8729 Member ✭✭✭✭

Given the torch nerfs, I really really want to use focus for wvw. But warden is so kitten it's like half a weapon (and sometimes it's like almost zero weapon due to prevalence of anti-cc rendering focus pull useless in fights with certain classes).

IH hybrid | My ears, how are you! | Kourna Jackrabbit for default Springer

@Curunen.8729 said:
    Given the torch nerfs, I really really want to use focus for wvw. But warden is so kitten it's like half a weapon (and sometimes it's like almost zero weapon due to prevalence of anti-cc rendering focus pull useless in fights with certain classes).

Even if they buff focus (which will never happen because they don't seem to understand how poor Warden is), stealth on demand on Torch is still way too powerful to not use.

• @Nuka Cola.8520 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:

The Pull is good, that's why i want the Warden to be good as well, so the weapon becomes useful outside of niche encounters

I get that the thread is about the Warden and would support a change to its utility or damage.
    I was responding to the phrase, "focus serves only one purpose." Even nerfed as it has been a few times (so it's more difficult & less fun to use), that pull is still really useful.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.