When will Phantasmal Warden be useful??? Will it happen this decade!?

Nuka Cola.8520

Last time i saw anyone use it we were in 1946. Years ago, at least you could ball up pve mobs, use the Warden and it would do a lot of damage. But ever since they began changing this skill, Warden's damage became as useless as they come. Focus as a whole is complete garbage in every game mode. They reworked Phantasmal Mage, do a proper rework on Warden as well.

the warden is now more of a timed thing so its harder to get it to work right ill agree with that. the damage for focus has been increased from what is used to be but it only lasts for the one turn its out so i can see why you do not like it. in short i dont see this geting any changes anytime soon.

@Curunen.8729 said:Given the torch nerfs, I really really want to use focus for wvw. But warden is so kitten it's like half a weapon (and sometimes it's like almost zero weapon due to prevalence of anti-cc rendering focus pull useless in fights with certain classes).

Even if they buff focus (which will never happen because they don't seem to understand how poor Warden is), stealth on demand on Torch is still way too powerful to not use.

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:At this point, Focus serves for one purpose. Pulling people off of walls in wvw. Sad story.

Focus pulls (and speed) are meta for a lot of fractal encounters.

The Pull is good, that's why i want the Warden to be good as well, so the weapon becomes useful outside of niche encounters

I get that the thread is about the Warden and would support a change to its utility or damage.I was responding to the phrase, "focus serves only one purpose." Even nerfed as it has been a few times (so it's more difficult & less fun to use), that pull is still really useful.

Archived