Stealth

Why not give stealth to all classes? I mean personally I would preferred it be only for thief, but since ranger, engi, and the op mesmers have it let the last three classes also enjoy it. That or make it so only thief can use it frequently, fix it so others are limited to like once every 60 sec. Maybe give necro shadow fiend the ability to stealth it's master.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone gets a 60sec CD on stealth but Thief has it without any CD and can perma stealth cheese zergs? Great idea.

No, what should be done is a rework of stealth as a whole. This is long overdue. And the reason why they haven't done it is because they'll have to rework Thief completely, something they prefer avoiding and make gem store items instead

@"Nuka Cola.8520" said:Everyone gets a 60sec CD on stealth but Thief has it with any CD and can perma stealth cheese zergs? Great idea.

No, what should be done is a rework of stealth as a whole. This is long overdue. And the reason why they haven't done it is because they'll have to rework Thief completely, something they prefer avoiding and make gem store items instead

Why would they do that? Why is it necessary? "It's not fun" is not an argument.

Also >gem store argument

200 IQ

@Blocki.4931 said:

@"Nuka Cola.8520" said:Everyone gets a 60sec CD on stealth but Thief has it with any CD and can perma stealth cheese zergs? Great idea.

Why would they do that? Why is it necessary? "It's not fun" is not an argument.

Also >gem store argument

200 IQ

Nothing is necessary for this game. Let a 6 years old mmo die in peace.

I'm OK with equal opportunity stealthing, why not at this point. What's not cool in my book is something like a stealthing ranger that can destealth other stealthers in their midst. That's a bit dirty.

So yeah, give stealth to everyone so long as everyone also gets a destealth ability as well.

The stealth design in GW2 has significantly handicapped classes and balancing. To balance stealth on demand, they have to nerf the hell out of a class. If they don't, we end up with the Mirage builds currently running around. Stealth post attack should have a long cooldown. I suggest the reveal should be commensurate with the time pre-attack stealthed. If they tinker with the reveal, they will need to buff certain other aspects of some skills to compensate but overall the health and balance of the game will be easier to manage if stealth wasn't so readily available post attack. Simply put 3s is not enough time to down a high mobility, high evasion, high durability build.

@MUDse.7623 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:Also thinking about this a little more:
They just have to put an ICD on the stealth combo and perma stealth is gone
, nobody can ever complain again.

nope. thats the issue with alot of feedback, people just got no clue. you dont need a combo for permastealth as thief.

Enlighten me then. Dropping a field and leaping through it is the most common way. That's a combo.

@Blocki.4931 said:

nope. thats the issue with alot of feedback, people just got no clue. you dont need a combo for permastealth as thief.

Enlighten me then. Dropping a field and leaping through it is the most common way. That's a combo.

oke because i am too lazy to make a new video, here from right after last deadeye rework. now you dont even need kneel anymore and if you use ontop utilities you can drop some of the endurance regen.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuKkepUNx1cand you still have all the resources to currently do the combo ontop!

@Blocki.4931 said:

You're both correct. DrD can perma stealth with Black Powder + Bound/Heartseeker/Bound/Heartseeker (using Channeled Vigor on cooldown to maintain endurance for bounds). This doesn't rely on Shadow Arts as combo stealth durations are not affected by meld with shadows. This can be moderately easy to counter by standing in any Black Powder circles that may appear.

DE can perma stealth but must use Shadow Arts (hidden thief, meld with shadows) along with DE trait Silent Scope and endurance regen food and just dodge with Rifle plus Hide in Shadows/Mark. This is much harder to counter as there is extremely little risk of being revealed since you are not doing any damaging attacks to gain stealth.

@Turk.5460 said:

You're both correct. DrD can perma stealth with Black Powder + Bound/Heartseeker/Bound/Heartseeker (using Channeled Vigor on cooldown to maintain endurance for bounds)

DE can use Shadow Arts (hidden thief, meld with shadows) along with DE trait Silent Scope and endurance regen food and just dodge with Rifle plus Hide in Shadows/Mark.

i know hes right that you can permastealth with that, you can aswell permastealth as deadeye with the combo, even without trickery! but he stated that putting a ICD on the combo would result in no longer permastealth, wich is not true. the least you can do is group 3 thieves with SA + SR as that skill by its design will allways stack each pulse. and with 3 thieves that will result in permastealth.

@MUDse.7623 said:

oke because i am too lazy to make a new video, here from right after last deadeye rework. now you dont even need kneel anymore and if you use ontop utilities you can drop some of the endurance regen.
and you still have all the resources to currently do the combo ontop!

Thank you!

@MUDse.7623 said:

oke because i am too lazy to make a new video, here from right after last deadeye rework. now you dont even need kneel anymore and if you use ontop utilities you can drop some of the endurance regen.

Yeeeeeaaaaaah but who is using Acro with DE? xD

@Turk.5460 said:

Yeeeeeaaaaaah but who is using Acro with DE? xD

Oh nvm I thought you were gaining vigor from acro w/withdraw, didn't pay attention to your trait screen.

Archived