Ranger pets can STILL go through walls and attack siege/players !

Luna.9640

It's a bug guys, the fact your pet has never done it just means that it clearly isn't that frequent of a bug. It has happened to me when I used the downstate mistform to get into a tower, only to die to a pet that somehow followed me through the portal intended for my allies. It's not that frequent of a bug, but it does happen.

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:It's a bug guys, the fact your pet has never done it just means that it clearly isn't that frequent of a bug. It has happened to me when I used the downstate mistform to get into a tower, only to die to a pet that somehow followed me through the portal intended for my allies. It's not that frequent of a bug, but it does happen.

if you can enter portal in downed , ¿why shouldnt be able the pet?xDD

@Ubi.4136 said:

@urdriel.8496 said:funny thing is that my pet is never able to do this ....but people can hit you with meteor shower,traps etc............

Yeah, I always wondered about that too. Granted, I mostly play soulbeast now, but I have tested this, and I can't get my pet to go inside intact sturctures at all.

This is sometimes a POV hack. Basically a hack that runs on the client that removes any limitations on where a skill can land such as Barrage, Meteors, ACs, etc. There is no server side check so once the client is hacked to allow unlimited POV, any skill that is in range can hit. There are some skills that are borked though such as some pet attacks and Spellbreakers pull being able to yank a player through a door/wall.

@urdriel.8496 said:funny thing is that my pet is never able to do this ....but people can hit you with meteor shower,traps etc............

I agree.

Any group inside can be hit with more than just a pet...

Pet has no direct line of sight - arrows through a hole do, but they don't hit like Revs, Eles and many others who do 10k or more damage through, not through the holes, through the door.

@Straegen.2938 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

Yeah, I always wondered about that too. Granted, I mostly play soulbeast now, but I have tested this, and I can't get my pet to go inside intact sturctures at all.

This is sometimes a POV hack. Basically a hack that runs on the client that removes any limitations on where a skill can land such as Barrage, Meteors, ACs, etc. There is no server side check so once the client is hacked to allow unlimited POV, any skill that is in range can hit. There are some skills that are borked though such as some pet attacks and Spellbreakers pull being able to yank a player through a door/wall.

There are some special spots you can use to reach people if you have an arc like on sbow or engi mortar, and I've seen them use pov hack on those too, but lately I see them on ms/ranger lb5/ac like you mentioned. They can hit supply depot behind walls with ms. Last year or so I recall being hit by a meteor that was way behind the wall, like the inside of anza. Actually I think that was even back in 2k15. In any case pov hacks are annoying.

@Straegen.2938 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

@"urdriel.8496" said:funny thing is that my pet is never able to do this ....but people can hit you with meteor shower,traps etc............

Basicly anything client sided, that isnt being sanitized by server checks.But changing to a big screen like 27"+ or playing with client not in full windows and reducing the Y resolution(like a streched screen) was one of the ways to trick FoV, it still is..

If you want to wonder when are they fixing Ranger stuff, the real question is when are they fixing Ranger being a joke in mass pvp. How many years is it now? You know it hit rock bottom when even Thief has a spec that gets to be featured as 100% meta in metabattle.

And as far as pet fixes go.. yeah, there sure are a lot of points to go through there.

@"Nuka Cola.8520" said:Reminds of the good old Beastmaster rangers days sending their jags over walls for some 10k+ crits on players while you spam /laugh. Those were the fun days on gw2.

When you could stand against the enemy gates and spam Dragons Tooth on everyone inside lmao that was good too

"that's a nice arrow cart your building inside the tower, would be a shame if someone .... Oops, a random dragon tooth appears to have killed your AC"

@Xenash.1245 said:Could you define how long this has been happening since you said it's been happening for quite some time. I've personally never seen this happen to me nor have I ever been able to do this myself.

It happens since HoT Expansion came out and very easy to test on Quentin Lake Tower in EBG.

(People may be unable to reproduce it because may be it is happening only on some towers/keeps)

@Luna.9640 said:

@Xenash.1245 said:Could you define how long this has been happening since you said it's been happening for quite some time. I've personally never seen this happen to me nor have I ever been able to do this myself.

It happens since HoT Expansion came out and very easy to test on Quentin Lake Tower in EBG.

(People may be unable to reproduce it because may be it is happening only on some towers/keeps)

Oh really? I'll test it out myself then since I'm honestly rather curious now.

I was able to send my pet over the walls last night at Blackgates Keep... After we took it that was but here is what happened:

Using Soulbeast > Standing against the wall lips so I couldn't be pulled by a Mesmer > Unmerged my pet > Pet is on the outside of the keep attacking the Mes

Was completely by accident, there was 2 of us defending BG's keep from a group of 7 BG until finally that mes got the portal bomb on us and hopped around on our bodies like a kangaroo

Archived