A big thank you

Jack Redline.5379

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

@Tails.9372 said:No balance patch would be complete without nerfing good ol' thief in some ways now wouldn't it? ;^D

i dont know how about you but i dont feel funny at allWell I've seen so many nonsensical nerfs over the course of the years I'm really not surprised anymore, like I said earlier:

@"Irenio CalmonHuang.2048" said:we’ve been listening to your feedback and are addressing some of the issues raised about each of thoseThis is kinda scary, what feedback are you talking about? I guess it's lottery time, let's hope DE doesn't get stomped into the ground because someone complained about P/P / OHKs being to "OP" again..@Tails.9372 said:Even if there is a new balance patch there's no reason to get excited over it, you should know by now how these things usually go: something nobody asked for gets nerfed, something nobody asked for gets buffed and the stuff people criticised for years now continues to get ignored..@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:and buffed perma stealth DE even more.
Eye for an eye then?
Not really since not having enough access to stealth was never an issue nor was more stealth something anyone had asked for, these nerfs however are taking away from what thief was lacking in the first place.

@Tails.9372 said:

@Tails.9372 said:I know man but i still had at least a little hope. Everytime there is update i have at least a small hope it wont totally fk up thief. I just didnt want to give up on it. But now i have no other option. I was freaking working on it so hard so long and they have destroyed it completely again. I am sad. Literally disapointed. I dont even know if i want to play this game anymore.

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:and buffed perma stealth DE even more. Eye for an eye then?

how about us ppl who dont want to play stealth but want to play condi? we can go to hell?

Well...thats not what I said at all so gj on putting words in my mouth. With the amount of condi thieves I see it was only a matter of time. Personally the perma stealth DE's pose more of a problem as its pretty much the old ghost thief pandemic. Luckily I fought one a few times the other day and learned his rotations, however ran into another and got smoked.

It sucks when your build gets nerfed. Happens to a ton of ppl (me included). Adapt to the changes and better your skills/playstyle for it.....or not and QQ on the forum...your choice mate.

well i overall got buffed by cd remove from silent scope , aftercast reduction from backstab ,stealth on stolen skill and better freeaction/kneel, i got nerfed by no more malice on heal and cast time on stolen skills.

the malice on stealth attack is not really usefull to me as i expect my opponent to be in downed state after it. so i might drop malicious intent tho both other options i dont really need for WvW

@"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:and buffed perma stealth DE even more. Eye for an eye then?

As someone who played condi thieves (and DrD's) looking at the notes, it lost 1s of confusion and bleed and a bit of cripple. Its not that big of a change. I can see if they changed the venoms as well as that would be a nerf.

Lost 13% additional poison damage.

"Potent Poison: This trait has been split and will now grant 20% bonus to poison duration and damage in both PvP and WvW, with PvE remaining at 33%."

I don't think the changes they made will have much affect, idiots are still going to complain about dying to the confusion and poison ticks because they keep spamming skills and wasting condi cleanse at the wrong time. I guess all they really did was completely neuter any sustain you can get from poison damage, condi thief burst will remain relatively the same imo.

Swindler's Equilibrium: This trait has been split between game modes. The recharge time reduced in PvP and WvW is now 50%, while PvE remains at 100%.Tactical Strike: This attack now applies 10 stacks of vulnerability for 5 seconds on hit. This change extends to the deadeye variant Malicious Tactical Strike.

wow.. im done...

@MechVampyre.2903 said:

Swindler's Equilibrium: This trait has been split between game modes. The recharge time reduced in PvP and WvW is now 50%, while PvE remains at 100%.Tactical Strike: This attack now applies 10 stacks of vulnerability for 5 seconds on hit. This change extends to the deadeye variant Malicious Tactical Strike.

wow.. im done...

not satisfied?

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:and buffed perma stealth DE even more. Eye for an eye then?

how about us ppl who dont want to play stealth but want to play condi? we can go to hell?

man, put lotus training, get double short bow with stamina/energy sigil smash down poison fields everywhere dodge like a moron tru em watch ur condi dmg just from poison sky rocketing ones the zerg starts dieing u got perma dodge going and u just go on for ever and ever..

no condi shouldnt be on thief its stupidly easy.

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

@Tails.9372 said:I know man but i still had at least a little hope. Everytime there is update i have at least a small hope it wont totally kitten up thief. I just didnt want to give up on it. But now i have no other option. I was freaking working on it so hard so long and they have destroyed it completely again. I am sad. Literally disapointed. I dont even know if i want to play this game anymore.

I feel you, mate. Took me almost 2 months to come back..

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

wow.. im done...

not satisfied?

nerf to swindlers equilibrium is pretty painful while the buff to tactical strike leaves me speechless somehow. as if they made a first step to try turning s/d into a stealth related build.i cant remember any s/d thief ever using cloak and dagger in a fight since it is nothing but a waste of initiative on this weapon set and works for nothing else but a last desperate try to disengage after many things went horribly wrong before.. lol

i mean they needed to do something to tone down s/d condi but what they did here is hurting s/d power and doing some nonsense on top of that

@MechVampyre.2903 said:

wow.. im done...

not satisfied?

nerf to swindlers equilibrium is pretty painful while the buff to tactical strike leaves me speechless somehow. as if they made a first step to try turning s/d into a stealth related build.i cant remember any s/d thief ever using cloak and dagger in a fight since it is nothing but a waste of initiative on this weapon set and works for nothing else but a last desperate try to disengage after many things went horribly wrong before.. lol

i mean they needed to do something to tone down s/d condi but what they did here is hurting s/d power and doing some nonsense on top of that

Man let's be honest here, s/d is godmode and we all know it. I'd still main it if it wasn't so bloody spammy and boring. People are so annoyed by the brainless condi thief spec that they totally ignore s/d. I was looking for some d/p buffs so i could play the most fun spec for thief but got nothing but some weird backstab animation cd buff.

@UfoCoffee.2084 said:

wow.. im done...

not satisfied?

Man let's be honest here, s/d is godmode and we all know it. I'd still main it if it wasn't so bloody spammy and boring. People are so annoyed by the brainless condi thief spec that they totally ignore s/d. I was looking for some d/p buffs so i could play the most fun spec for thief but got nothing but some weird backstab animation cd buff.

oh i didnt make clear that i play s/d power. looked into s/d condi only once for like 5 minutes and yes "bloody spammy and boring" was pretty much the exact same words i thought of it back then lol

@reddie.5861 said:

man, put lotus training, get double short bow with stamina/energy sigil smash down poison fields everywhere dodge like a moron tru em watch ur condi dmg just from poison sky rocketing ones the zerg starts dieing u got perma dodge going and u just go on for ever and ever..

Doing any sort of zerging on any class/build is stupidly easy. Dodging like a moron in your poison field doesnt work against good players.

@roamzero.9486 said:

Doing any sort of zerging on any class/build is stupidly easy. Dodging like a moron in your poison field doesnt work against good players.

lol it doesnt have to work against any1, you just tag and keep on spamming dodge your blob is suppose to finish em.no condi build is gonna kill a good player on power, unless u play like a hit and run sizzy well then punch me in the face but dodging thru a zone blob is more fun then constantly reapplying condis then porting out of fight watching ur enemy bleed to dead while he cant even reach you.

yes i rather die in a good fight then having dull shit fights where u win 100% cus of lame ass crap tactic.

Archived