anyone else as happy as i am ?

RedShark.9548

While for PvP/WvW, this patch was surely nice, for PvE, it was ~~minor ~~ big nerf to dps + they still did not adjust aftercasts of certain skills, nor made Eviscerate being affected by quickness. Skills like Kick, To the Limit and Eviscerate really need their aftercasts reduced/removed :( maybe next time

@RedShark.9548 said:

@"Rysdude.3824" said:It's interesting changes for sure. Anyone have a example of a shoutwarrior build they want to share?

sure bro, ive made a post a while back, its still basically the build i play now, now its just waaay better

I appreciate it! And nice build. I love that it still uses Spellbreaker as well. I imagine it would be just as good in smallscale group roaming as in a zerg as well. Beautiful sustain

@Solori.6025 said:YEa but....Did they nerf natural healing and not document it

why ? i dont rly see a change, i never use it tho....but on my build right now it heals for 12k.... healing shout is there better tho

@cryorion.9532 said:While for PvP/WvW, this patch was surely nice, for PvE, it was minor nerf + they still did not adjust aftercasts of certain skills, nor made Eviscerate being affected by quickness. Skills like Kick, To the Limit and Eviscerate really need their aftercasts reduced/removed :( maybe next time

yea power war in pve took kind of a big hit, didnt it ? im not playing pve but it looks kinda bad for them

@RedShark.9548 said:

why ? i dont rly see a change, i never use it tho....but on my build right now it heals for 12k.... healing shout is there better tho

@cryorion.9532 said:While for PvP/WvW, this patch was surely nice, for PvE, it was minor nerf + they still did not adjust aftercasts of certain skills, nor made Eviscerate being affected by quickness. Skills like Kick, To the Limit and Eviscerate really need their aftercasts reduced/removed :( maybe next time

yea power war in pve took kind of a big hit, didnt it ? im not playing pve but it looks kinda bad for them

EDIT: Ignore me I'm dumb, I realized the issue

@Rysdude.3824 said:

You mean how it procs attacker's insight?

natural healing is the meditation heal skill. . . .

Yes. Using it procs attacker's insight which got nerfed a tiny bit. Sorry thought thats what you were referring to.

No, I was refering to the heal, which I realized was showing a reduced number, because I was not in a city when I was looking through all the number changesSo all of my values were WAAAAAYYY off..

@Rysdude.3824 said:Curious, I wasn't playing during the warrior worker meta, but hammer is chosen for Cc and Sword is chosen for the movement and imob?

yep, also adds so much more boonrip via traits, jumping into 5 ppl with hammerstun and interrupt just one and you rip boons of all of them, making it more likely to interrupt with your next thing, ripping even more boons and so on, best combo hammerstun, fullcounter, hammerstun, so much rip potential, also added absorption sigil on hammer instead of the precision/ferocity one

Sword: nice (especially flurry. Useful at last? I think so)Shouts: very nice. Quite powerful nowWarhorn: I don't play wvw. It's the best place where I can see it used. Not for me but will be appreciated I think

Peak performance and attacker insight: Why? Why the hell do you nerf power war now for god's sake (hey, everybody have the right to complan when its main build is attacked.)

Missing: One or two more change to Tactics traits would have been nice. However, what's missing is the rifle. Not coming now. Maybe next time. I've been ready to give up on this weapon but who nows? Also true for eviscerate (shame for a weapon using quickness).

Maybe I should try to exploit sword and shouts a bit more. Just for fun

Warhorn+trait used to be solid general condi-clean... Now it's more remembering which laundry list you're supposed to cure from, but with the trait, getting a WvW/raid-sized clear on a wealth of conditions is a good thing. Doesn't help me much for fractals/solo/open world nearly as much, so it feels like a nerf. Then again, shifting trait condi clear to the warhorn itself is a great bonus for everyone else. I'm also sad to lose the AoE weakness on #5, since I use Cull the Weak.So.. while I personally got a nerf, the balance changes there are better for the game overall. :cookie:

Shout changes might very well make up for it. Two hits of FGJ! is going to mean better uptime for my fractal team, and an extra stunbreak from SIO! is going to be golden.

I think they're good changes for wvw, it'll probably take some getting used to on the warhorn to determine which skill we use. That might have been a bit of a nerf IMHO because you'll have to be more mindful on which skill you're using, vs before charge or call to arms could both remove burn with the trait now it's just one of the skills. Time will tell if it was a good change or bad change, we'll just have to be more mindful of what skills we use. TBH I am looking forward a little bit to being able to play closer to the support roll I used to love running on Warrior.

@"Rauderi.8706" said:Warhorn+trait used to be solid general condi-clean... Now it's more remembering which laundry list you're supposed to cure from, but with the trait, getting a WvW/raid-sized clear on a wealth of conditions is a good thing. Doesn't help me much for fractals/solo/open world nearly as much, so it feels like a nerf. Then again, shifting trait condi clear to the warhorn itself is a great bonus for everyone else. I'm also sad to lose the AoE weakness on #5, since I use Cull the Weak.So.. while I personally got a nerf, the balance changes there are better for the game overall. :cookie:

Shout changes might very well make up for it. Two hits of FGJ! is going to mean better uptime for my fractal team, and an extra stunbreak from SIO! is going to be golden.

I'm not sure it is a nerf. In heavy condition situations, you can now clear 10 conditions with those 2 skills (untrainted) vs 7 before (traited).With 9 people around, it is also 20 adrenaline gained.It's a tradeof, but now warhorn is certainly more usable without trait at least.However, after playing with it and reading description again, I don't understand why charge cures burning as it says "inbiting conditions", I would have switched slow and burning between Charge and Call to Arms. Finally, Call to Arms doesn't cure Bleeding, and this might prove quite annoying since we can't cure it anymore with warhorn.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

I'm not sure it is a nerf. In heavy condition situations, you can now clear 10 conditions with those 2 skills (untrainted) vs 7 before (traited).The condi-clear bundles are .. okay. But they're also cognitive load on trying to remember what it is they do.Charge purges most movement-related conditions, and burning for some reason.Call to Arms removes . . miscellaneous. Many of which are low-concern conditions. I'd rather have the generalized 2 than a targeted 5. I'd even take 2-sec Resistance over what it does now. It also removed inflicting Weakness on enemies, which I'm unhappy about.It's definitely a WvW/raid-oriented change, and it leaves me weaker for it.

If I were going to make those cleanse-bundles more consistent:Charge: Movement and speed-related: Cripple, Immobilize, Chill, Slow, Torment, Fear, TauntCall to Arms: Most DoTs and action-related: Weakness, Poison, Confusion, Bleeding, Burning, Vulnerability, BlindWith the right theme/alignment of cleansing, it's more instinctual to know what these do in combat.

With 9 people around, it is also 20 adrenaline gained.I don't raid or WvW, so that's not going to help me. And unless I get some serious alacrity from somewhere else, adrenaline generation hasn't been a problem for me.

It's a tradeoff, but now warhorn is certainly more usable without trait at least.Indeed! I can lament my personal nerf and still be happy for the folks who got new reason to pick up warhorn. The changes were more sensible for the game at large.

I just noticed the new warhorn skills do nothing to bleed, blind, fear, and taunt. Thoughts? I mean we still have ways of removing those with skills on a longer cooldown...but the conditional removal just still isn't sitting right with me. I also haven't had a chance to play yet though...bleed to me is probably the biggest thing.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:I just noticed the new warhorn skills do nothing to bleed, blind, fear, and taunt. Thoughts? I mean we still have ways of removing those with skills on a longer cooldown...but the conditional removal just still isn't sitting right with me. I also haven't had a chance to play yet though...bleed to me is probably the biggest thing.

It could only remove fear from allies, not yourself unless you have stability or make it a stunbreak. The later would be great on charge with fear replacing burning.I agree current changes are awkward. I would have prefered a whole new functionnality for Calls to Arms. These changes are really focused on raids and WvW.

I'm more happy with other changes (sword, defiance).A bit disapointed with tactics : only one trait changed, I would have expected more :)Not to mention no Berserker power update, but it got condi buff, can't have everything I guess.

Archived