Discuss New Ray Of Judgement For Hammer Guard

Marvok.1083

I tested the damage and if I get all crit I do ~8k on heavy and ~11k on light (tested with the standard Valkyrie build with Retal and Fury on golems with no protection) over 6 seconds. So extra damage for the hammer burst but less utility because no more condi cleanse , blind or regen. So what's your opinion on the change and how it affects the build?

@Marvok.1083 said:I tested the damage and if I get all crit I do ~8k on heavy and ~11k on light (tested with the standard Valkyrie build with Retal and Fury on golems with no protection) over 6 seconds. So extra damage for the hammer burst but less utility because no more condi cleanse , blind or regen. So what's your opinion on the change and how it affects the build?

Imo it should still inflict blind... Having more damage is great but most weaponsets on guardian are fine as far as damage goes.

I much preferred the previous version, it fit better with focus as a general support weapon. The bouncing blind and regen was much nicer and unique to have than just some more damage. Also, the fact that it's single target and has a 6-second duration makes it useless when fighting a group of trash mobs or such.

@Frost.2107 said:I much preferred the previous version, it fit better with focus as a general support weapon. The bouncing blind and regen was much nicer and unique to have than just some more damage. Also, the fact that it's single target and has a 6-second duration makes it useless when fighting a group of trash mobs or such.

Well from what I've tested it is very strong on pvp and I think more damage is always good in pve although it depends on the content you like.

@Marvok.1083 said:

@Frost.2107 said:I much preferred the previous version, it fit better with focus as a general support weapon. The bouncing blind and regen was much nicer and unique to have than just some more damage. Also, the fact that it's single target and has a 6-second duration makes it useless when fighting a group of trash mobs or such.

Well from what I've tested it is very strong on pvp and I think more damage is always good in pve although it depends on the content you like.

Yeah, I think it's a change that's probably most beneficial in PvP, would be nice if it maybe had blind and regen on cast though

@Frost.2107 said:

Yeah, I think it's a change that's probably most beneficial in PvP, would be nice if it maybe had blind and regen on cast though

This is what I initially thought too. A bit sad to see the blind go since I did often make use of it in pvp, but overall it's now more improved than not.

@kipthelip.5802 said:May have to ditch the 2h weapons and go back to scepter shield and sword focus for pvp if focus really hits that hard. After a certain point for solo queue you do enough damge. How does it work exactly if the first pulse hits they take the full damage over time?

I think they might be able to dodge the pulses. I saw Evade frames over a player when it was on but that could be from additional attacks. Unless someone has tested, I'll take another look.

Archived