The MASSIVE buff people are missing in the patch notes — Guild Wars 2 Forums

The MASSIVE buff people are missing in the patch notes

Gwaihir.1745Gwaihir.1745 Member ✭✭✭

"Invulnerability effects will now stop conditions from applying damage."

Just..... what? Will this apply to distortion? I don't want to jump the gun but im going to go ahead and say this is going to be massively broken.

Shield of Wrath: Reduced the cooldown of this skill from 36 seconds to 35 seconds.

Quality balance changes^TM

Comments

• Vieux P.1238Vieux P.1238 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yeah!
    I mean cuz everyone been crying about condis since the last few seasons.
    It's what we call an Ez fix.

Winter Nerf is coming!

• Rysdude.3824Rysdude.3824 Member ✭✭✭✭

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Invulnerability

It'll be interesting to see which skills it affects

• bravan.3876bravan.3876 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 10, 2018

@Gwaihir.1745 said:

Just..... what? Will this apply to distortion? I don't want to jump the gun but im going to go ahead and say this is going to be massively broken.

This will go for all invuln skills and amoung all of them which are just one button click 4 seconds invul like for example Eles Focus Earth or even passive traits, the distortion what needs 3 clones to even get 4 seconds will be the less broken one. If any of that will be broken, braindead condibuilds clearly needed some hits, this is an easy way, so ofc the way anet choose, to kick them all a bit.

"playing revenant is borderline exploiting" - up condimirage 2k18

• urdriel.8496urdriel.8496 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 10, 2018

omg, Warrior will be invincibles now lol, 10sec of total invulnerability in WvW, 5sec in Pvp .............

• Kako.1930Kako.1930 Member ✭✭✭

@urdriel.8496 said:
    omg, Warrior will be invincibles now lol, 10sec of total invulnerability in WvW, 5sec in Pvp .............

They'll dominate and claim it's all just skill though.

• ceces.9368ceces.9368 Member ✭✭✭

Isn't this an indirect buff to Mirage? Their dodge, sword 2 and distort are all invuls, aren't they?

• Namless.4028Namless.4028 Member ✭✭✭

sword 2 is not an invuln

• maxwelgm.4315maxwelgm.4315 Member ✭✭✭

As much as it sounds like a buff, I think it actually doesn't do so much and finally does what Anet now jokingly calls "purity of purpose". Most sources of invulnerability do not allow you to act while you're invulnerable and are just a red herring for the enemy to waste cooldowns (e.g Guardians and Engineers), and it made no sense that you would die to conditions in spite of triggering invulnerability at the best possible moment (when the adversary was about to waste their important cooldowns to kill you from cleave or pull stability to stomp you). Mesmer has to sacrifice their DPS from shattering on F2 if they want to Shatter distortion for long periods of invulnerability. I just fought a Holo and had no issues with him going mini and being invulnerable for a while, and still dealt with it the same way I would have done before.

• Solori.6025Solori.6025 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 10, 2018

@ceces.9368 said:
    Isn't this an indirect buff to Mirage? Their dodge, sword 2 and distort are all invuls, aren't they?

dodge is not invuln, you would need 3 clones to actually reap the benefit of this change.

Edit: for corrections

Tingle my stingleberry

• Evolute.6239Evolute.6239 Member ✭✭✭

@urdriel.8496 said:

Endure Pain is not an invuln.

• EpicTurtle.8571EpicTurtle.8571 Member ✭✭✭✭

@ceces.9368 said:

No, Mirage Cloak is an evasion, Blurred Frenzy grants the Blur effect which is evasion as well. Distortion is the only invulnerability Mesmer has access to.

• ceces.9368ceces.9368 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 10, 2018

@Solori.6025 said:

@ceces.9368 said:

dodge is not invuln, I think sword 2 is a distort but they nerfed that, and as was said , you would need 3 clones to actually reap the benefit of this change.

Yea, just read Mirage dodge. It's just labeled as Mirage cloak, so I don't think it'll work, but sword 2/distort got a buff if it works

Reading it in game, it's just distort that only gets this benefit. Thought it was both due to blurred giving the same icon

edited July 10, 2018

@Solori.6025 said:
    I can already tell neither of you know what you are talking about.

"Endure pain does not count as invulnerability" would be a more productive response, but thanks anyways. :)

• @Yannir.4132 said:
    Renewed Focus just got even better.

Yes three seconds of condition immunity every 90 seconds is totally op!

• urdriel.8496urdriel.8496 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 10, 2018

@Evolute.6239 said:

@urdriel.8496 said:

true, I read it wrong

• Nuka Cola.8520Nuka Cola.8520 Member ✭✭✭✭

Be ready for warrior meta that will be worse than hambow, and that will take anet another six months to "balance".

@urdriel.8496 said:

@Evolute.6239 said:

@urdriel.8496 said:

true, I read it wrong

Same here. I'm glad it doesn't but I wouldn't be surprised if they did make it so endure pain prevented damage from condis too. XD

• Solori.6025Solori.6025 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Kako.1930 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

"Endure pain does not count as invulnerability" would be a more productive response, but thanks anyways. :)

would be but im snippy because THEY NERFED MAH POWER SWORD FOR MES >:E ]

Tingle my stingleberry

@Solori.6025 said:

@Kako.1930 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

would be but im snippy because THEY NERFED MAH POWER SWORD FOR MES >:E ]

Aww, I'm sorry. They nerfed my ele and my iboga too. :(

This patch is just a bunch of sad faces. :(

edited July 10, 2018

@ceces.9368 said:

OMG no, thats why i said to all the ppl calling mesmer dodges mini distortion should just use the correct term because mirage dodge is not a distortion and will not give immunity to condi dmg. Sword 2 is an evade and not a distortion anymore, means will also not get the condi immunity.

• Crinn.7864Crinn.7864 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 10, 2018

@Rysdude.3824 said:

It affects these skills:
    Mist Form (ele)
    Vapor Form (ele downstate)
    Obsidian Flesh (ele)
    Elixer S (Engi)
    Renewed Focus (guard)
    Distortion (Mesmer)

Mesmer and Engi will probably see the largest benefits from this change.

Sanity is for the weak minded
    YouTube

• Hello Arenanet,

Your patch notes are a joke. Where was something weakened?

See thief. This class is in WVW total OP just like the Ranger. The thief even got buffs.

Where was the meteor shower weakened? Currently I get 15k DMG from just one ball. Accordingly, you are not even 1 second dead in the dirt.

Thank you You have really proven that you have no idea of your game.

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:
    Be ready for warrior meta that will be worse than hambow, and that will take anet another six months to "balance".

Maybe if warrior had invuln skills and gained something from what the OP brought up.

• mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

@ceces.9368 said:

Mirage cloak isn't an invuln either.

The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

• Nuka Cola.8520Nuka Cola.8520 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:

Maybe if warrior had invuln skills and gained something from what the OP brought up.

It doesn't need it. But yea, i posted in the wrong thread.

• Sarrs.4831Sarrs.4831 Member ✭✭✭

I'm not sure what to make of it
    On one hand, hitting Renewed Focus and expecting to survive through your Renewed Focus is reasonable
    On the other hand, condi'ing up someone and watching them die in the middle of their Renewed Focus is always funny

• mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 10, 2018

@Sarrs.4831 said:
    I'm not sure what to make of it
    On one hand, hitting Renewed Focus and expecting to survive through your Renewed Focus is reasonable
    On the other hand, condi'ing up someone and watching them die in the middle of their Renewed Focus is always funny

Trapping an engineer in their Auto Elixir S and watching them die from conditions unable to do anything was an exquisite delight.

The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

• LazySummer.2568LazySummer.2568 Member ✭✭✭

they obviously did this to give mesmers the buff they need because they """""nerfed""""" them in other places

edited July 10, 2018

@LazySummer.2568 said:
    they obviously did this to give mesmers the buff they need because they """""nerfed""""" them in other places

Holy jesus this illuminati lvl of arguing. At least make it a little bit logical: This change is obviously to buff the braindead ele class don't need to dodge any keyskills form condi or power builds anyway because ele is clearly the onyl class has 2 skills getting reward from that change and not only one. Ele is Anets new baby confirmed, right?

Also mesmer gets not more or less reward from that than all other classes having invuln skills, in particular because other classes don't even need to get 3 clones up for the whole duration.

• LazySummer.2568LazySummer.2568 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 10, 2018

@bravan.3876 said:

@LazySummer.2568 said:

Holy jesus this illuminati lvl of arguing. At least make it a little bit logical: This change is obviously to buff the braindead ele class don't need to dodge any keyskills form condi or power builds anyway because ele is clearly the onyl class has 2 skills getting reward from that change and not only one. Ele is Anets new baby confirmed, right?

Also mesmer gets not more or less reward from that than all other classes having invuln skills, in particular because other classes don't even need to get 3 clones up for the whole duration.

yeah and Mesmer is the only class that doesn't need utility slot, trait slot, or weapon sacrificed to get access to that invul so it balances out. Good arguing you got there

Edit: btw, if you don't think needing to sacrifice utility/trait/weapon slot is a thing, let me just remind you that mesmers "technically" also have the most access to invuls because on top of your F4 you can also run all signets with distortion trait. It's k, i don't really expect mesmers to think anyways since they're too used to not needing a brain to play.

• FtoPScrub.5476FtoPScrub.5476 Member ✭✭✭

Don't forget Shake It Off.

• SPESHAL.9106SPESHAL.9106 Member ✭✭✭

You can argue about the amount, but they literally buffed the 2 professions that needed it the least (mirage and holo). They also nerfed condi damage in many other places (dhumfire nerf is the biggest nerf in the history of the game which is saying something since this trait was mass nerfed b4). They also nerfed survivability in professions that don't even have survivability or escape while they actually buffed soulbeast and rev damage which was the least of their issues. Pretty head scratching stuff from Anet.

• Guizao.4167Guizao.4167 Member ✭✭✭

@bravan.3876 said:

@LazySummer.2568 said:

LOL, did you actually read the entire patch note thread? Staff and FA weavers aren't welcomed in squads and the first one depends on RNG to do some damage; FA weaver in pvp is easily shut down by any condition spec, mirage as the prime example.

• MithranArkanere.8957MithranArkanere.8957 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Gwaihir.1745 said:

Despite its horribly mistaken description saying "evade all attacks" never getting fixed, Distortion is indeed an Invulnerability effect like Obsidian Flesh, Mist Form, Elixir S and Renewed Focus.

While this change is HUGE, it is also necessary, because this is the behavior of 'invulnerability' effects in most games. So having it not affect already ongoing effects was counter-intuitive.

Its duration and its sources may have to be adjusted from here, but it now has the effect it should have always had.

• reikken.4961reikken.4961 Member ✭✭✭

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Rysdude.3824 said:

It affects these skills:
    Mist Form (ele)
    Vapor Form (ele downstate)
    Obsidian Flesh (ele)
    Elixer S (Engi)
    Renewed Focus (guard)
    Distortion (Mesmer)

also earth shield (ele)

• reikken.4961reikken.4961 Member ✭✭✭

@bravan.3876 said:

@LazySummer.2568 said:

typical ele builds don't have any invulns, outside of down state

• Honestly? This is a great change! Why, in your right mind, and not just because "hurrr I want my condi build to be OP", do you think that invulnerability should not affect conditions too?

Playing against a power build: Oh, I am out of options and CDs, I've used my blocks and evasions, what can I do??? Well I'll pop my invulnerability and try to kitten off somewhere.
    Playing against a condi build: Oh, I am out of options and CDs, I've used my condi cleanses, what can I do??? Well, guess I'll die.

It was bullkitten that condi could do dmg against invulnerability in the first place. It made literally no sense whatsoever and would immediately take away a skill on which players learn to rely on when playing against condis.

This is great! Actually, over 90% of the patch notes (if you happened to read everything through carefully) is great!

• Yannir.4132Yannir.4132 Member ✭✭✭✭

@kipthelip.5802 said:

@Yannir.4132 said:

Just means it's a buff to a skill that was hands down the best Guardian Elite skill. I didn't mean that as a bad thing though, I play radiant hammer so I'm absolutely fine with this. :love:

• Kageseigi.2150Kageseigi.2150 Member ✭✭✭

@Murdock.5274 said:
    See thief. This class is in WVW total OP just like the Ranger. The thief even got buffs.

Rifle Deadeye got buffed. Core Thief got gutted :-(

• Eles can chain invuls with mist form, obsidian flesh, and earth conjure (bonus vapor form if you die kek).

• Gwaihir.1745Gwaihir.1745 Member ✭✭✭

@Yannir.4132 said:

@kipthelip.5802 said:

@Yannir.4132 said:

Just means it's a buff to a skill that was hands down the best Guardian Elite skill. I didn't mean that as a bad thing though, I play radiant hammer so I'm absolutely fine with this. :love:

I play rad hammer and I don't see the need for this. I'm perfectly fine being killed if I don't cleanse before going in. Especially since it removes any risk to passive elixir s on engi, most of them already turn kitten and run the moment their passive procs now they can just run better than before.

Shield of Wrath: Reduced the cooldown of this skill from 36 seconds to 35 seconds.

• Yannir.4132Yannir.4132 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Gwaihir.1745 said:

@Yannir.4132 said:

@kipthelip.5802 said:

@Yannir.4132 said:

I play rad hammer and I don't see the need for this. I'm perfectly fine being killed if I don't cleanse before going in. Especially since it removes any risk to passive elixir s on engi, most of them already turn kitten and run the moment their passive procs now they can just run better than before.

Me neither but it's still a buff. Doesn't matter whether it's useful or not.

• Gwaihir.1745Gwaihir.1745 Member ✭✭✭

@Yannir.4132 said:

@Gwaihir.1745 said:

@Yannir.4132 said:

@kipthelip.5802 said:

@Yannir.4132 said:

Me neither but it's still a buff. Doesn't matter whether it's useful or not.

True but not all buffs distribute equally among classes. EG give perma quickness to every class and warrior and thief will gain alot more than engi or guardian.

• kipthelip.5802kipthelip.5802 Member ✭✭
    edited July 12, 2018

@Yannir.4132 said:

@kipthelip.5802 said:

@Yannir.4132 said:

I apologise for the reflexive sarcasm but sometime you can't tell on these boards what people mean. It's a nice little boost I am not dismissing it I just think its totally fine especially on guardians give the long cool down on renewed focus. I think we are on the same page. I thought maybe you were in line with the guy calling this stuff a missive buff. I always thought it odd during a so called period of invulnerability I could die to something.

• kipthelip.5802kipthelip.5802 Member ✭✭
    edited July 12, 2018

double post

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.