The MASSIVE buff people are missing in the patch notes

Gwaihir.1745

@"Gwaihir.1745" said:"Invulnerability effects will now stop conditions from applying damage."

Just..... what? Will this apply to distortion? I don't want to jump the gun but im going to go ahead and say this is going to be massively broken.

This will go for all invuln skills and amoung all of them which are just one button click 4 seconds invul like for example Eles Focus Earth or even passive traits, the distortion what needs 3 clones to even get 4 seconds will be the less broken one. If any of that will be broken, braindead condibuilds clearly needed some hits, this is an easy way, so ofc the way anet choose, to kick them all a bit.

As much as it sounds like a buff, I think it actually doesn't do so much and finally does what Anet now jokingly calls "purity of purpose". Most sources of invulnerability do not allow you to act while you're invulnerable and are just a red herring for the enemy to waste cooldowns (e.g Guardians and Engineers), and it made no sense that you would die to conditions in spite of triggering invulnerability at the best possible moment (when the adversary was about to waste their important cooldowns to kill you from cleave or pull stability to stomp you). Mesmer has to sacrifice their DPS from shattering on F2 if they want to Shatter distortion for long periods of invulnerability. I just fought a Holo and had no issues with him going mini and being invulnerable for a while, and still dealt with it the same way I would have done before.

@Solori.6025 said:

@ceces.9368 said:Isn't this an indirect buff to Mirage? Their dodge, sword 2 and distort are all invuls, aren't they?

dodge is not invuln, I think sword 2 is a distort but they nerfed that, and as was said , you would need 3 clones to actually reap the benefit of this change.

Yea, just read Mirage dodge. It's just labeled as Mirage cloak, so I don't think it'll work, but sword 2/distort got a buff if it works

Reading it in game, it's just distort that only gets this benefit. Thought it was both due to blurred giving the same icon

@Solori.6025 said:

@Solori.6025 said:I can already tell neither of you know what you are talking about.

"Endure pain does not count as invulnerability" would be a more productive response, but thanks anyways. :)

would be but im snippy because THEY NERFED MAH POWER SWORD FOR MES >:E ]

Aww, I'm sorry. They nerfed my ele and my iboga too. :(

This patch is just a bunch of sad faces. :(

@ceces.9368 said:Isn't this an indirect buff to Mirage? Their dodge, sword 2 and distort are all invuls, aren't they?

OMG no, thats why i said to all the ppl calling mesmer dodges mini distortion should just use the correct term because mirage dodge is not a distortion and will not give immunity to condi dmg. Sword 2 is an evade and not a distortion anymore, means will also not get the condi immunity.

Archived