new balance patch gaves rev nothing

messiah.1908

another useless patch with bit less nrg usage.do the dev hate revenant and want it to disappear from wvw and pvp. and renegade common havent address at all

RevenantOur changes to the revenant are focused on giving them more flexibility by reducing some of the upkeep costs of their legends' passive skills. This will allow revenants to run those skills for longer while still having energy to spend on other skills. We've also made some adjustments to improve the viability of a revenant power build in PvE.

Herald: Fixed a bug that could reset the Legendary Dragon Stance effect when players were channeling Glint at the start of a PvP match.Igniting Brand: Fixed a bug that caused this skill's damage to ignore range and line-of-sight limits.Unrelenting Assault: The damage of this skill has been increased by 25% in PvE only.Deathstrike: The animation of this skill has been changed, removing approximately 0.5 seconds from its aftercast.Envoy of Exuberance: Reduced the energy cost of this skill from 10 to 8.Banish Enchantment: Increased the range of this skill from 600 to 900. Fixed a bug in which this skill was applying the incorrect amount of confusion in PvE.Embrace the Darkness: Reduced the energy upkeep of this skill from 7 to 6 energy per second. Reduced the casting time of this skill by approximately 0.25 seconds.Protective Solace: This skill now has an initial energy cost of 5. Reduced the energy upkeep of this skill from 8 to 6 energy per second.Facet of Chaos: Reduced the energy upkeep of this skill from 5 to 4 energy per second.Impossible Odds: Reduced the energy cost of this skill from 10 to 5. Reduced the energy upkeep of this skill in PvE from 8 to 6 energy per second. Fixed a bug that caused the superspeed effect to intermittently deactivate while this skill was active.Focused Siphoning: Increased the base damage inflicted by this trait by 9% in PvE.Bolster Fortifications: This trait now increases the revenant's outgoing damage by 5% while they have protection, in addition to its previous effects.Roiling Mists: Fixed a bug that caused this trait to grant boons when players swapped legends.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They seemed to have buffed Herald quite a bit but not much to address Renegade. I'm just glad they finally fixed Impossible Odds though. That bug has been bothering me for awhile and I was starting to think it'd never get fixed.

@SWI.4127 said:They seemed to have buffed Herald quite a bit but not much to address Renegade. I'm just glad they finally fixed Impossible Odds though. That bug has been bothering me for awhile and I was starting to think it'd never get fixed.

for pvp and wvw?! they fixed bugs and reduce 2 second from shield 4. for me its not quite a bit. its too little bit.

Is it a massive change in viability and playstyle? No, but it's certainly not nothing. More damage and lower energy costs. More energy means more skills, so that's more flexibility in a sense. There's still more that could be done but no reason to poo poo on changes that are only positive.

@Dinsy.2491 said:Is it a massive change in viability and playstyle? No, but it's certainly not nothing. More damage and lower energy costs. More energy means more skills, so that's more flexibility in a sense. There's still more that could be done but don't reason to poo poo on changes that are only positive.

check they warrior changes and than come back. more ways to support. rev still with the same herald old build.

@messiah.1908 said:

@SWI.4127 said:They seemed to have buffed Herald quite a bit but not much to address Renegade. I'm just glad they finally fixed Impossible Odds though. That bug has been bothering me for awhile and I was starting to think it'd never get fixed.

for pvp and wvw?! they fixed bugs and reduce 2 second from shield 4. for me its not quite a bit. its too little bit.

The energy costs are pretty big. Didn't they reduce the energy cost for the protection facet? (I could be wrong). Also only 5 energy to initially activate IO is very nice. Range buff on Banish Enchantment is good as well, although Mallyx is obviously not meta right now. Step in the right direction at least.

@SWI.4127 said:

The energy costs are pretty big. Didn't they reduce the energy cost for the protection facet? (I could be wrong). Also only 5 energy to initially activate IO is very nice. Range buff on Banish Enchantment is good as well, although Mallyx is obviously not meta right now. Step in the right direction at least.

maybe its my expectations to make two steps and not one.

@messiah.1908 said:

@SWI.4127 said:

maybe its my expectations to make two steps and not one.

Yeah they weren't really big buffs or anything. I was just more surprised that Herald stance got a few changes while Renegade stance got absolutely none.

@messiah.1908 said:

@Chuck.2864 said:Power Herald was already good and all it got is buffs. If you seriously think it's bad in PvP\WvW, that's a l2p issue sadly.

have you seen me say its bad. they change nothing to the meta build . no condi build nor support or sustain build in pvp. so they gaves us nothing new

You said anet want the class to disappear, this suggests you think it's bad and has just been made worse. So yeah.

Let's discuss those buffs instead of whining and crying about them, please.

My take:

1. The decrease on upkeep costs should make the profession more enjoyable to play, and it shows Anet is aware of revenant's core issues. I don't think they'll be enough in the long run (at the very least, many of the underused skills will need to have their costs decreased), but it's a step in the right direction.
  2. Shield has been underpowered. The slight buff to its weaker skill and stronger synergy with the protection trait is cool, but I still miss skill 5's healing in PvE.
  3. Unless my math sucks, Banish Enchantment's "bug fix" is a 80% increase in confusion duration for PvE. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. That's a pretty hefty boost for condi revenant.
  4. Nothing on the renegade, not even upkeep cost adjustments. This makes me think that they are leaving it for a later patch.

@Chuck.2864 said:

@Chuck.2864 said:Power Herald was already good and all it got is buffs. If you seriously think it's bad in PvP\WvW, that's a l2p issue sadly.

have you seen me say its bad. they change nothing to the meta build . no condi build nor support or sustain build in pvp. so they gaves us nothing new

You said anet want the class to disappear, this suggests you think it's bad and has just been made worse. So yeah.

check how many play rev as main. so yes even if it has only 1 same old build. consider they change 1 more cleanse and you could have 3 more viable builds to play with

@messiah.1908 said:

@Dinsy.2491 said:Is it a massive change in viability and playstyle? No, but it's certainly not nothing. More damage and lower energy costs. More energy means more skills, so that's more flexibility in a sense. There's still more that could be done but don't reason to poo poo on changes that are only positive.

check they warrior changes and than come back. more ways to support. rev still with the same herald old build.

As I said there's more to be done, we should be encouraging positive changes and suggesting further changes. We DID get something and that's great now what's next.

@Clownmug.8357 said:Just a bunch of number nudging and they couldn't even bother with anything Renegade related? I guess Soulcleave's Summit must be the most powerful upkeep skill now since it costs the most.

My (wishful) guess is that they are currently looking at deeper renegade changes (perhaps a potential rework - they said more reworks were coming, and the community has been loud by how much renegade needs one), so they didn't want to waste time on potentially temporary changes.

Here's my opinion on how Anet should balance Revenant's energy costs:

1. Weapon skills should have low (lower) costs and/ or higher power to promote interesting rotations instead of AA spam. (We've seen this with UA getting a damage buff, deathstrike a aftercast decrease, AKA, an indirect DPS buff, and shield getting a cost decrease, so it's a step in the right direction.)
  2. Upkeep skills shouldn't be cost prohibitive to promote other skill usage during the 10 second window between legend swaps. (What this patch has effectively done).
  3. Other utility skills should either get significant cost decreases, similar to weapon skills, or they should be made significantly stronger, in order to compete with upkeep skills. (Only Banish enchantment got something from this patch). But in order to compete with upkeep skills, other utilities would need to be really strong at their niche.

This later point is problematic when we have upkeep skills that do a little bit of everyhing. Like, for example, jalis hammers: aoe dps boost, healing and defense. Wouldn't it be more interesting if, for example, the defensive and healing values were removed from it, its energy cost decreased from 6 pips to 4, and then have the removed sustain put elsewhere in his kit? (Buffs to his ultimate, his stability road and his taunt, for example).

EDIT: Ooops for double post.

I think the changes to power rev in PvE are solid. I think the impossible odds change is meaningless (since you could do 100% up time during the legend duration anyway), but 5% bonus with protection, death strike faster animation and 25% damage to UA, pretty good. Good enough? I dunno.

Embrace darkness changes as well are extremely good. The 0.25 sec change is solid.

@"DiogoSilva.7089" said:

1. Unless my math sucks, Banish Enchantment's "bug fix" is a 80% increase in confusion duration for PvE. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. That's a pretty hefty boost for condi revenant.

Condi revs do not use that very much in PvE. Is it nice to see a bug fix which buffs it? Sure, but Banish Enchantment is still a very niche ability.

@otto.5684 said:I think the changes to power rev in PvE are solid. I think the impossible odds change is meaningless (since you could do 100% up time during the legend duration anyway)

The point is that you can now use OTHER skills during the duration.

Here's how much energy you save from upkeep skills now, assuming they last the full 10 second duration before you swap legends:Impossible Odds: 25 extra energy.Embrace the Darkness: 10 extra energy.Protective Solace: 15 extra energy. (Note: this skill needs to last at least 3 seconds to benefit from the cost decrease.)Facet of Chaos: 10 extra energy.

@Arkaile.5604 said:Condi revs do not use that very much in PvE. Is it nice to see a bug fix which buffs it? Sure, but Banish Enchantment is still a very niche ability.

Sure, it's a niche skill. But whenever a condi revenant has to use it, they'll get more of it now by a significant amount.

Archived