Bolster Fortifications

Coronit.9432

Bolster Fortifications: This trait now increases the revenant's outgoing damage by 5% while they have protection, in addition to its previous effects.

While I appreciate the change to a non-used trait, the trait itself is still the problem. Its in the herold line, which comes with the glint-legend. The heal of that legend means you get heal on incoming damage. Getting protection on heal skill directly contradicts with the intented use of that skill. You use your heal-sklill to heal, get protections at the same time to get less heal...

This is potentially the new meta pick regardless though, or at the very least will be better than Shared Empowerment in solo situations like solo roaming, will have to test. The big question is whether we can maintain 25 might without it AND without nefarious momentum, if it's possible then this trait is now a great pick. Don't forget you're not running just Glint, and the protection is also applied to allies.

This is a puzzling choice, and it's always been a puzzling choice to be in the Herald line. Unless you already have extremely high protection uptime, this will make it harder to use your Glint heal effectively. This has been in the game for 3 years already and hasn't been changed so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Rev shouldn't have any traits that trigger on heal simply because ventari exists. With ventari's will on a 3 second cooldown the trait will either be literally 10 times stronger with ventari than with any other legend or it will have an icd that makes it extremely awkward to keep track of due to us always having access to 2 heals and of course the spammable ventari one.

@"ArthurDent.9538" said:Rev shouldn't have any traits that trigger on heal simply because ventari exists. With ventari's will on a 3 second cooldown the trait will either be literally 10 times stronger with ventari than with any other legend or it will have an icd that makes it extremely awkward to keep track of due to us always having access to 2 heals and of course the spammable ventari one.

that is just one of the reasons why this trait is clunky to use since the beginning. I played a lot of rev in every kind of game mode. Even the first half year of HoT in raids. The trait definitly isn't well designed. if it would be one in the core rev ones I would say "alright, it's not designed to work with glint legend". But as rev was already designed with herald in mind its a very poor designed one. Yes, the buff might be because of pve, but even that buff it's a weird one.

Archived