July 10th Patch, summarize it for me please?

I'm quite new at the game so I did read the patch notes but I can't really tell whats really changed...

Is it okay if you can summarize it for me please?

I don't know if ele got nerfed or buffed, if engi got enough buffed to be viable in pve now, soul beast any revelant changes?Scourge got epi nerfed duration in exchange he only got water skills??

I'm confused x

Based on what happens with every balance patch, essentially “every class is now dead” and “Anet apparently doesn’t play the game”. That’s essentially what you’ll be seeing across numerous threads over the next week.

Whether something affected you for better or for worse depends on your build.

Most Elementalist damage got buffed for upfront damage but they do less against massive hitboxes that allow their aoes to have all instances of damage hit. Lava Font got hit pretty hard with 40% less damage.

Condi Engineer got a good trait buff in Thermal Vision, nerf for power builds (back to No Scope). Elixirs aren't RNG anymore what buff you get, but they're less potent. Couple of Poison and Confusion based duration buffs.

Necromancer Epidemic made Epi bouncing less effective, E.G, 10 second condition bounced to from Enemy A to Enemy B turns into 5 second condi, rebounced from Enemy B to Enemy A reduced to 2.5 seconds. The underwater skills were just a long time coming, not really a "buff." More Power Reaper buffs that ultimately mean nothing cuz Power Reaper is still a meme.

Soulbeast got trait buffs when used with Beastmaster trait line, lost a bit of condi duration to some skills, and more pets nerfs.

@"TarkaTarquol.4856" said:Most Elementalist damage got buffed for upfront damage but they do less against massive hitboxes that allow their aoes to have all instances of damage hit. Lava Font got hit pretty hard with 40% less damage.

Condi Engineer got a good trait buff in Thermal Vision, nerf for power builds (back to No Scope). Elixirs aren't RNG anymore what buff you get, but they're less potent. Couple of Poison and Confusion based duration buffs.

Necromancer Epidemic made Epi bouncing less effective, E.G, 10 second condition bounced to from Enemy A to Enemy B turns into 5 second condi, rebounced from Enemy B to Enemy A reduced to 2.5 seconds. The underwater skills were just a long time coming, not really a "buff." More Power Reaper buffs that ultimately mean nothing cuz Power Reaper is still a meme.

Soulbeast got trait buffs when used with Beastmaster trait line, lost a bit of condi duration to some skills, and more pets nerfs.

Thank you!Very helpfull information, well that's abit less than what I expcted, was hoping for a better buff for soulbeast and engi and some kind of buff towards scourge condi damage whilst nerfing epi. :anguished:

@Yeldo.4576 said:

@"TarkaTarquol.4856" said:Most Elementalist damage got buffed for upfront damage but they do less against massive hitboxes that allow their aoes to have all instances of damage hit. Lava Font got hit pretty hard with 40% less damage.

Thank you!Very helpfull information, well that's abit less than what I expcted, was hoping for a better buff for soulbeast and engi and some kind of buff towards scourge condi damage whilst nerfing epi. :anguished:

Yea, never expect much from ANet. They do do weird things. I'm just glad they buffed Revenant by reducing upkeep costs on a lot of skills. Easier Deimos HK'ing and more time in Embrace the Dankness for my Condi Renegade.

Some other notes I didn't mention: Ranger got some of their Traps for underwater use, so yay I can get rid of freakin' spirits doing Aquatic Ruins. I missed one Flamethrower change for Engineer, Napalm got more damage and lower CD, but less duration of the fire field. And, yea. Necromancer actually only got one weapon-based condi change, Scepter 3. No longer base applies Torment, but corrupts boons before checking to give life force and apply Torment. Worse for mobs with no boons, better against those with. There's a Dhuumfire change that I'm not qualified to comment on, cuz I don't really play Necro that much except for memeing. Check the Necromancer subforum to see if there's better info on it there.

I don't know if ele got nerfed or buffed,

Many of the Elementalist AoE skills were changed to be frontloaded, with decreasing damage per strike on the same target. This will very likely increase DPS reliability on more mobile enemies in Fractals and Raids. We'll have to wait for some reliable benchmark sources to see what the current state of the profession is, although I doubt it'll fall far from its perch.

if engi got enough buffed to be viable in pve

Engineers, or more specifically Holosmiths, have been high on the DPS charts for some time now. What most of today's changes were buffs to the damage numbers of condition engineers, although that won't necessarily improve the overall performance of the build for most of the playerbase as the rotations and kit management remains complex, and therefore less reliable than other condition damage classes.

Scourge got epi nerfed duration in exchange he only got water skills??

Epidemic received a massive nerf; I'm all for it, although I'm sure there are lots of interesting discussions to be had on the matter (see related topic in the Fractal/Raid subforum). Beyond that not much was affected for PVE Scourge, even if you consider the new Dhuumfire cooldowns, since you will at most lose one or two stacks of burning intermittently. Reapers, on the other hand, received some significant damage buffs, although early numbers have been disappointing so far.

soul beast any revelant changes?

The changes were mainly to increase Power Soulbeasts, although I doubt it's significant enough to make it a worthwhile contender against the Condition variant.

@TarkaTarquol.4856 said:

@TarkaTarquol.4856 said:Most Elementalist damage got buffed for upfront damage but they do less against massive hitboxes that allow their aoes to have all instances of damage hit. Lava Font got hit pretty hard with 40% less damage.

Yea, never expect much from ANet. They
do
do weird things. I'm just glad they buffed Revenant by reducing upkeep costs on a lot of skills. Easier Deimos HK'ing and more time in Embrace the Dankness for my Condi Renegade.

Some other notes I didn't mention: Ranger got some of their Traps for underwater use, so yay I can get rid of freakin' spirits doing Aquatic Ruins. I missed one Flamethrower change for Engineer, Napalm got more damage and lower CD, but less duration of the fire field. And, yea. Necromancer actually only got one weapon-based condi change, Scepter 3. No longer base applies Torment, but corrupts boons before checking to give life force and apply Torment. Worse for mobs with no boons, better against those with. There's a Dhuumfire change that I'm not qualified to comment on, cuz I don't really play Necro that much except for memeing. Check the Necromancer subforum to see if there's better info on it there.

Hello Tarka,I didn't understand some changes in warrior. Some condition skills have reduced condition duration, this is a buff or a nerf in GW2? In some games, reducing DOT duration means more damage per second, and anothers means a % of total damage. Can you help me with this question?

@hauteclaire.4327 said:

@TarkaTarquol.4856 said:Most Elementalist damage got buffed for upfront damage but they do less against massive hitboxes that allow their aoes to have all instances of damage hit. Lava Font got hit pretty hard with 40% less damage.

do
do weird things. I'm just glad they buffed Revenant by reducing upkeep costs on a lot of skills. Easier Deimos HK'ing and more time in Embrace the Dankness for my Condi Renegade.

Hello Tarka,I didn't understand some changes in warrior. Some condition skills have reduced condition duration, this is a buff or a nerf in GW2? In some games, reducing DOT duration means more damage per second, and anothers means a % of total damage. Can you help me with this question?

In GW2, conditions deal a set amount of damage per second based on the condition's base damage itself and the applier's condition damage and modifiers. This means that a shorter duration means less time for that condition to do its damage. It looks like a Warrior Sword auto-attack got its base Bleed durations reduced from 8 to 6 seconds. It seems their intent was to remove some power from Warrior Sword's Auto-attack (Sever Artery > Gash > Hamstring) and place it onto Sword 3, Final Thrust; and the Normal Sword Burst, Flurry.

Another example of how condition damage works, take a look at one of the Mesmer's changes. The Prestige: Instead of applying 3 stacks of Burning for 3 seconds, now applies 1 stack of burning for 9 seconds. This is effectively the same amount of damage. Making up BS numbers, if 3 stacks of burning do 900 damage across 3 seconds, that's 300 damage per second for 3 seconds. Each stack of burning is doing 100 damage per second. (remember, these are BS numbers for clarity's sake)Now it's changed to do only 1 stack of burning but lasts for 9 seconds. So now it's still 100 damage per second over 9 seconds, or 900 damage. Note the damage remained the same between both cases, but the 1 stack for 9 seconds took three times as long to deal its full damage. This is the nerf. It reduced the ability's burst damage, as it now takes three times as long to do the same amount of damage it usually did, allowing other players to cleanse the single stack of burn to mitigate way more damage. This is less of an issue in longer fights with NPC enemies that don't cleanse, as they'll still just burn away for the same amount of damage eventually.

@TarkaTarquol.4856 said:

do

In GW2, conditions deal a set amount of damage per second based on the condition's base damage itself and the applier's condition damage and modifiers. This means that a shorter duration means less time for that condition to do its damage. It looks like a Warrior Sword auto-attack got its base Bleed durations reduced from 8 to 6 seconds. It seems their intent was to remove some power from Warrior Sword's Auto-attack (Sever Artery > Gash > Hamstring) and place it onto Sword 3, Final Thrust; and the Normal Sword Burst, Flurry.

Another example of how condition damage works, take a look at one of the Mesmer's changes. The Prestige: Instead of applying 3 stacks of Burning for 3 seconds, now applies 1 stack of burning for 9 seconds. This is effectively the same amount of damage. Making up BS numbers, if 3 stacks of burning do 900 damage across 3 seconds, that's 300 damage per second for 3 seconds. Each stack of burning is doing 100 damage per second. (remember, these are BS numbers for clarity's sake)Now it's changed to do only 1 stack of burning but lasts for 9 seconds. So now it's still 100 damage per second over 9 seconds, or 900 damage. Note the damage remained the same between both cases, but the 1 stack for 9 seconds took three times as long to deal its full damage. This is the nerf. It reduced the ability's burst damage, as it now takes three times as long to do the same amount of damage it usually did, allowing other players to cleanse the single stack of burn to mitigate way more damage. This is less of an issue in longer fights with NPC enemies that don't cleanse, as they'll still just burn away for the same amount of damage eventually.

Thank you! It was a very complete answer!

Archived