Loading screen back to desktop fix preventing alt+tab between windows

Well not exactly, I can alt+tab to Chrome(wiki) but can't get back to the game it's frozen in game and I can't even alt+tab back to chrome(wiki) from full screen 1920 x 1080 res I have to run the game in windowed fullscreen still.

For clarification I'm talking about : Fixed a bug in which the game appeared as though it went back to the desktop for a few seconds during map loading

@Dreadshow.9320 said:Well not exactly, I can alt+tab to Chrome(wiki) but can't get back to the game it's frozen in game and I can't even alt+tab back to chrome(wiki) from full screen 1920 x 1080 res I have to run the game in windowed fullscreen still.

For clarification I'm talking about : Fixed a bug in which the game appeared as though it went back to the desktop for a few seconds during map loading

Dunno, but it works for me, although I'm Alt+Tabbing to and from Edge rather than Chrome (spit).

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@Dreadshow.9320 said:Well not exactly, I can alt+tab to Chrome(wiki) but can't get back to the game it's frozen in game and I can't even alt+tab back to chrome(wiki) from full screen 1920 x 1080 res I have to run the game in windowed fullscreen still.

Dunno, but it works for me, although I'm Alt+Tabbing to and from Edge rather than Chrome (spit).

And you're in resolution mode not full-size window? Hum weird

@Dreadshow.9320 said:

Yup. Full-screen on 4K, but definitely full-screen. And I had the bug before. As you say, weird.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

Yup. Full-screen on 4K, but definitely full-screen. And I had the bug before. As you say, weird.

When ever I alt+tab in full screen not windowed it locks up the game rebooted and all. I'll try to figure it out.

@Ray Koopa.2354 said:

@Ray Koopa.2354 said:Which graphics cards / chips y'all use?

AMD R9

Having an R9 390 here with Windows 10. Switched to fullscreen to test it and run Chrome, but not having any issues with that.Useful to ask if you have the current graphics card drivers?

Will check for updates later as I'm not home right now. Weird thing is alt-tabbing worked fine in full-size windowed.

@Ray Koopa.2354 said:In windows the D3D(9) context isn't lost when they lose focus, but if you switch away from fullscreen, it typically is, and recreating it seems to not really work out for you.

Ok here is how I fixed it(again weird):

Loaded the game in full-size windowed.Changed to fullscreen in the character lobby.Exited the game.Reloaded the game and logged in to a character.I'm able to alt tab in and out at will.

Again that was weird.

Thanks

Archived