Invuln Buff — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Invuln Buff

Straegen.2938Straegen.2938 Member ✭✭

Interesting choice to make Invulnerability even better.

Comments

  • MUDse.7623MUDse.7623 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 10, 2018

    holding conditions would make more sense IMO. as the invuln already did prevent application of new condis, if this was to help people not die to condis during invuln, then it would make more sense to just pause the condition timers during invuln.

  • Threather.9354Threather.9354 Member ✭✭✭

    So sources of invuln are:

    • Mist form, Elixir S: These needed the changes because they were pretty RNGish and unresponsive, meaning you had to predict the incoming damage.
    • Renewed focus, one could argue if it needed the buff, but I think it is reasonable, now you dont have to renewed focus just to have F2 available for safety, you can actually save it a bit longer.
    • Mesmer Distortion; well while roaming mesmers didn't really need the change, this change is pretty good for Blob Chrono as it struggled cleansing itself when in danger.

    now to notice, all these skill have pretty long cooldown + it doesn't really buff any meta skills except chorno that needed it. Staff ele got also heavy nerfs and this doesn't seem to be big enough change to make up for it.

    Ri Ba - WvW Commander/scout/roamer
    FSP/KN link
    Diamond/Silver rank
    Overconfident [OCD]/Copyrights [CR]
    Sharing group focused builds for WvW http://www.tinyurl.com/ribabuilds

  • MUDse.7623MUDse.7623 Member ✭✭✭✭

    you forgot about obsidian flesh the scepter focus eles use

  • DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

    So free resistance and dmg immunity? Noice.

  • Lemme guess, OP mains warrior.

  • Straegen.2938Straegen.2938 Member ✭✭
    edited July 10, 2018

    @Shagaliscious.6281 said:
    Lemme guess, OP mains warrior.

    Any class but since warrior has the largest invuln up time sure. Invuln is a busted mechanic and every bit as annoying as high stealth builds.

  • Zero.3871Zero.3871 Member ✭✭✭

    yeah, a patch to make this game even more ret. HEY ANET why dont give EVERYCLASS PERMA INVUL against everything, so no one ever will die again. cause there is no competitive game mode needed. and while you are doing it PLZ Change the scoreboard of wvw so that is Shows:

    Green: FUN
    Blue: FUN
    Red: FUN

    who Needs warscores. its fun to fun! everybody has won! YAAAY!

  • rng.1024rng.1024 Member ✭✭

    @Wisdom.4712 said:

    @Shagaliscious.6281 said:
    Lemme guess, OP mains warrior.

    This change does not affect warrior at all.

    Yup ^^

    Can't wait to see the rage when people realise this means you can't immob an ele's downstate Vapor Form anymore too..

  • DeKong.6203DeKong.6203 Member ✭✭
    edited July 11, 2018

    There is a difference between "Invulnerable" and "Immune to Damage".
    Warrior Endure Pain is not an Invulnerable. When you hit a Warr with EP it shows "0". When you hit Engi with Elixir S it shows "Invulnerable".
    But this is my understanding, ofc i can be wrong.

  • Threather.9354Threather.9354 Member ✭✭✭

    So it should only affect:

    • Distortion on chronos (4th shatter)
    • Renewed focus which is fine because it has 90 second cooldown and is elite skill.
    • Mist form, warranted buff that doesn't make up for DPS nerfs
    • Both Elixir S which needed it especially the passive one

    I dont think it changes much, it makes firebrands that play RF capable of saving their renewed focus little longer if they dont have F2 Tome available.

    Ri Ba - WvW Commander/scout/roamer
    FSP/KN link
    Diamond/Silver rank
    Overconfident [OCD]/Copyrights [CR]
    Sharing group focused builds for WvW http://www.tinyurl.com/ribabuilds

  • whoknocks.4935whoknocks.4935 Member ✭✭✭

    So for example on engineer if i have the passive elixir s traited and i get condi bombed with 12 stacks of torment etc and i enter elixir s form i won't lose health anymore? Like the condis are not effective? Because if i was in elixir s and they condi bomb i was already invuln to condis even before the patch.

  • Threather.9354Threather.9354 Member ✭✭✭

    @whoknocks.4935 said:
    So for example on engineer if i have the passive elixir s traited and i get condi bombed with 12 stacks of torment etc and i enter elixir s form i won't lose health anymore? Like the condis are not effective? Because if i was in elixir s and they condi bomb i was already invuln to condis even before the patch.

    Yea you wont take damage from condis you already have on you if you're invuln. Basically the trait isn't useless anymore.

    Ri Ba - WvW Commander/scout/roamer
    FSP/KN link
    Diamond/Silver rank
    Overconfident [OCD]/Copyrights [CR]
    Sharing group focused builds for WvW http://www.tinyurl.com/ribabuilds

  • whoknocks.4935whoknocks.4935 Member ✭✭✭

    @Threather.9354 said:

    @whoknocks.4935 said:
    So for example on engineer if i have the passive elixir s traited and i get condi bombed with 12 stacks of torment etc and i enter elixir s form i won't lose health anymore? Like the condis are not effective? Because if i was in elixir s and they condi bomb i was already invuln to condis even before the patch.

    Yea you wont take damage from condis you already have on you if you're invuln. Basically the trait isn't useless anymore.

    Yeah i never used the passive invuln because i was dead 90% of the times because of it instead of helping me survive xD that trait made me die so many times against scourges when i could easily heal up or do few more attacks and win.

  • Lahmia.2193Lahmia.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @rng.1024 said:

    @Wisdom.4712 said:

    @Shagaliscious.6281 said:
    Lemme guess, OP mains warrior.

    This change does not affect warrior at all.

    Yup ^^

    Can't wait to see the rage when people realise this means you can't immob an ele's downstate Vapor Form anymore too..

    Ummm yes you can. It just means you can't load them up with damaging conditions and kill them mid mist/vapor form.

    "Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death."

  • Arcaedus.7290Arcaedus.7290 Member ✭✭✭

    @rng.1024 said:

    @Wisdom.4712 said:

    @Shagaliscious.6281 said:
    Lemme guess, OP mains warrior.

    This change does not affect warrior at all.

    Yup ^^

    Can't wait to see the rage when people realise this means you can't immob an ele's downstate Vapor Form anymore too..

    I think this is incorrect. Invuln is only going to stop condis from doing damage according to the patch notes, but it doesn't work like resistance so if an ele gets immobilized beforehand, they're going to stay immobilized.

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

    this is a huge buff to ranger pig pet forage builds.
    here comes the tide.

  • @Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    this is a huge buff to ranger pig pet forage builds.
    here comes the tide.

    Please show me a vid of a forage build actually working in WvW....

  • Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Take root just become the best races elite in the game i guess.

  • rng.1024rng.1024 Member ✭✭

    @Lahmia.2193 said:

    @rng.1024 said:

    @Wisdom.4712 said:

    @Shagaliscious.6281 said:
    Lemme guess, OP mains warrior.

    This change does not affect warrior at all.

    Yup ^^

    Can't wait to see the rage when people realise this means you can't immob an ele's downstate Vapor Form anymore too..

    Ummm yes you can. It just means you can't load them up with damaging conditions and kill them mid mist/vapor form.

    @Arcaedus.7290 said:

    @rng.1024 said:

    @Wisdom.4712 said:

    @Shagaliscious.6281 said:
    Lemme guess, OP mains warrior.

    This change does not affect warrior at all.

    Yup ^^

    Can't wait to see the rage when people realise this means you can't immob an ele's downstate Vapor Form anymore too..

    I think this is incorrect. Invuln is only going to stop condis from doing damage according to the patch notes, but it doesn't work like resistance so if an ele gets immobilized beforehand, they're going to stay immobilized.

    Thing is for it to only affect damaging conditions, they need to implement an entirely new mechanic that works differently than resistance. Which in turn seems less likely and therefore I read it as the ticks will be ignored instead (since all condition do damage, not necessarily degenerative).

    But you both may very well be right, time for some testing! :)

  • Lahmia.2193Lahmia.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @rng.1024 said:

    @Lahmia.2193 said:

    @rng.1024 said:

    @Wisdom.4712 said:

    @Shagaliscious.6281 said:
    Lemme guess, OP mains warrior.

    This change does not affect warrior at all.

    Yup ^^

    Can't wait to see the rage when people realise this means you can't immob an ele's downstate Vapor Form anymore too..

    Ummm yes you can. It just means you can't load them up with damaging conditions and kill them mid mist/vapor form.

    @Arcaedus.7290 said:

    @rng.1024 said:

    @Wisdom.4712 said:

    @Shagaliscious.6281 said:
    Lemme guess, OP mains warrior.

    This change does not affect warrior at all.

    Yup ^^

    Can't wait to see the rage when people realise this means you can't immob an ele's downstate Vapor Form anymore too..

    I think this is incorrect. Invuln is only going to stop condis from doing damage according to the patch notes, but it doesn't work like resistance so if an ele gets immobilized beforehand, they're going to stay immobilized.

    Thing is for it to only affect damaging conditions, they need to implement an entirely new mechanic that works differently than resistance. Which in turn seems less likely and therefore I read it as the ticks will be ignored instead (since all condition do damage, not necessarily degenerative).

    But you both may very well be right, time for some testing! :)

    I rarely see people actually immobilize eles before they can mist form into a gate portal. That said this necro may have made a few eles rage with Dark Pact.

    "Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death."

  • Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Lahmia.2193 said:

    @rng.1024 said:

    @Lahmia.2193 said:

    @rng.1024 said:

    @Wisdom.4712 said:

    @Shagaliscious.6281 said:
    Lemme guess, OP mains warrior.

    This change does not affect warrior at all.

    Yup ^^

    Can't wait to see the rage when people realise this means you can't immob an ele's downstate Vapor Form anymore too..

    Ummm yes you can. It just means you can't load them up with damaging conditions and kill them mid mist/vapor form.

    @Arcaedus.7290 said:

    @rng.1024 said:

    @Wisdom.4712 said:

    @Shagaliscious.6281 said:
    Lemme guess, OP mains warrior.

    This change does not affect warrior at all.

    Yup ^^

    Can't wait to see the rage when people realise this means you can't immob an ele's downstate Vapor Form anymore too..

    I think this is incorrect. Invuln is only going to stop condis from doing damage according to the patch notes, but it doesn't work like resistance so if an ele gets immobilized beforehand, they're going to stay immobilized.

    Thing is for it to only affect damaging conditions, they need to implement an entirely new mechanic that works differently than resistance. Which in turn seems less likely and therefore I read it as the ticks will be ignored instead (since all condition do damage, not necessarily degenerative).

    But you both may very well be right, time for some testing! :)

    I rarely see people actually immobilize eles before they can mist form into a gate portal. That said this necro may have made a few eles rage with Dark Pact.

    They root vapor form or line it as its not an invuln its an evasion. Ppl pop mist form when rooted to live though the bomb or to clear the root if they are build for reg clears.

  • @Lahmia.2193 said:
    I rarely see people actually immobilize eles before they can mist form into a gate portal. That said this necro may have made a few eles rage with Dark Pact.

    That has a lot to do with the very small window between the downed state invuln where an enemy cannot immob and the ele ability to mist. Mist in the downed state needs a cooldown similar to a Ranger heal, Warrior vengeance, Thief smoke bomb, etc. In turn Grasping Earth should be a stun and immediately available. Or we could just junk the downed state in WvW but that is a topic for another thread.

  • @rng.1024 said:

    @Wisdom.4712 said:

    @Shagaliscious.6281 said:
    Lemme guess, OP mains warrior.

    This change does not affect warrior at all.

    Yup ^^

    Can't wait to see the rage when people realise this means you can't immob an ele's downstate Vapor Form anymore too..

    I hadn't even thought about that. I think you can still get CC'd in vapor form since it is different from the utility skill mist form, and isn't a condition, but I wonder if it will ignore immob now.

  • LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Straegen.2938 said:

    @Shagaliscious.6281 said:
    Lemme guess, OP mains warrior.

    Any class but since warrior has the largest invuln up time sure. Invuln is a busted mechanic and every bit as annoying as high stealth builds.

    Nah invulnerability is worse than stealth.

    You can defeat invisible opponents. Invulnerable is a complete shut-out, please hold......

    [HUNT] the predatory instinct

  • @Shagaliscious.6281 said:
    Lemme guess, OP mains warrior.

    If you really wanted to know, OP mains condi thief lmao

    Herald-Ferguson's Crossing

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Straegen.2938 said:

    @Shagaliscious.6281 said:
    Lemme guess, OP mains warrior.

    Any class but since warrior has the largest invuln up time sure. Invuln is a busted mechanic and every bit as annoying as high stealth builds.

    Warrior doesn’t have any invuln skills.

  • @Straegen.2938 said:

    @Shagaliscious.6281 said:
    Lemme guess, OP mains warrior.

    Any class but since warrior has the largest invuln up time sure. Invuln is a busted mechanic and every bit as annoying as high stealth builds.

    Umm...Warrior's isn't an invulnerability, you're still getting hit and people can still crit on you (does 0 damage)...we still take condi damage.
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Invulnerability
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endure_Pain
    Enduring Pain (4s): You take no damage from incoming attacks. You are still susceptible to conditions and control effects.

  • Brother.1504Brother.1504 Member ✭✭✭

    It’s a buff to engineers. They shrink and invul but conditions would kill them and they couldn’t do anything about it. Good change.

  • sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 12, 2018

    How does this effect lets say, a Soulbeast with Black Bear?

    Unflinching Fortitude breaks stuns, removes conditions and makes you immune for 4s
    Defy Pain makes you immune for 3s
    Signet of Stone is another
    By then you could have switched to another bear pet and repeated Unflinching Fortitude and Defy Pain again....

    Does this mean Rangers will now be immune to literally everything?

    Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Over a month since my last PvP game - RIP team queue.

  • Shadowcat.2680Shadowcat.2680 Member ✭✭✭

    @sephiroth.4217 said:
    How does this effect lets say, a Soulbeast with Black Bear?

    Unflinching Fortitude breaks stuns, removes conditions and makes you immune for 4s
    Defy Pain makes you immune for 3s
    Signet of Stone is another
    By then you could have switched to another bear pet and repeated Unflinching Fortitude and Defy Pain again....

    Does this mean Rangers will now be immune to literally everything?

    This change doesn't affect rangers at all. None of the skills you name are true invulns. They're immunities to direct damage only, not cc or conditions.

  • sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Shadowcat.2680 said:

    @sephiroth.4217 said:
    How does this effect lets say, a Soulbeast with Black Bear?

    Unflinching Fortitude breaks stuns, removes conditions and makes you immune for 4s
    Defy Pain makes you immune for 3s
    Signet of Stone is another
    By then you could have switched to another bear pet and repeated Unflinching Fortitude and Defy Pain again....

    Does this mean Rangers will now be immune to literally everything?

    This change doesn't affect rangers at all. None of the skills you name are true invulns. They're immunities to direct damage only, not cc or conditions.

    oh cool I havent had a chance see all this in action yet and was already worried about a certain build Ive seen.

    Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Over a month since my last PvP game - RIP team queue.

  • MUDse.7623MUDse.7623 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 12, 2018

    @sephiroth.4217 said:

    @Shadowcat.2680 said:

    @sephiroth.4217 said:
    How does this effect lets say, a Soulbeast with Black Bear?

    Unflinching Fortitude breaks stuns, removes conditions and makes you immune for 4s
    Defy Pain makes you immune for 3s
    Signet of Stone is another
    By then you could have switched to another bear pet and repeated Unflinching Fortitude and Defy Pain again....

    Does this mean Rangers will now be immune to literally everything?

    This change doesn't affect rangers at all. None of the skills you name are true invulns. They're immunities to direct damage only, not cc or conditions.

    oh cool I havent had a chance see all this in action yet and was already worried about a certain build Ive seen.

    as sylvari you can have an invuln skill on any class so if it was a sylvari ranger :)

  • RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭

    the amount of ppl telling me how happy all warrior players must be about this change made me facepalm so hard...its not effecting us at all lol, they dont even understand the basics of the game and yet these are the same ppl that keep yelling to nerf warrior for years

  • Shadowcat.2680Shadowcat.2680 Member ✭✭✭

    @RedShark.9548 said:
    the amount of ppl telling me how happy all warrior players must be about this change made me facepalm so hard...its not effecting us at all lol, they dont even understand the basics of the game and yet these are the same ppl that keep yelling to nerf warrior for years

    Yep, only four professions in the game have access to true invulnerability: eles, mesmers, engis, and guardians.

  • Etheri.5406Etheri.5406 Member ✭✭✭

    @Threather.9354 said:
    So it should only affect:

    • Distortion on chronos (4th shatter)
    • Renewed focus which is fine because it has 90 second cooldown and is elite skill.
    • Mist form, warranted buff that doesn't make up for DPS nerfs
    • Both Elixir S which needed it especially the passive one

    I dont think it changes much, it makes firebrands that play RF capable of saving their renewed focus little longer if they dont have F2 Tome available.

    Mistform did not need buffs in any way. Frankly, neither did weaver against condi. You had plenty of counterplay and spec options if desired; and most of the condi damage was heavily nerfed. I don't see why some of the strongest defensive utilities "needed" these buffs. Engi for elixer S in PvP with passive proc I can see; but mistform isn't passive.

    Condies that continue'd to tick were perfectly fine. Especially since your allies CAN remove them from you, and can full heal / buff you while you're in mistform. Frankly if condies don't tick then buffs and heals shouldn't apply either; but that'd be a pretty significant nerf.

  • Shadowcat.2680Shadowcat.2680 Member ✭✭✭

    @Etheri.5406 said:

    @Threather.9354 said:
    So it should only affect:

    • Distortion on chronos (4th shatter)
    • Renewed focus which is fine because it has 90 second cooldown and is elite skill.
    • Mist form, warranted buff that doesn't make up for DPS nerfs
    • Both Elixir S which needed it especially the passive one

    I dont think it changes much, it makes firebrands that play RF capable of saving their renewed focus little longer if they dont have F2 Tome available.

    Mistform did not need buffs in any way. Frankly, neither did weaver against condi. You had plenty of counterplay and spec options if desired; and most of the condi damage was heavily nerfed. I don't see why some of the strongest defensive utilities "needed" these buffs. Engi for elixer S in PvP with passive proc I can see; but mistform isn't passive.

    Condies that continue'd to tick were perfectly fine. Especially since your allies CAN remove them from you, and can full heal / buff you while you're in mistform. Frankly if condies don't tick then buffs and heals shouldn't apply either; but that'd be a pretty significant nerf.

    Condis doing damage during invuln never made a lick of sense. Invuln always should've meant what it sounds like: invulnerability. Invuln shouldn't need to have its hand held by an ally cleansing.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.