Invuln Buff

Straegen.2938

holding conditions would make more sense IMO. as the invuln already did prevent application of new condis, if this was to help people not die to condis during invuln, then it would make more sense to just pause the condition timers during invuln.

So sources of invuln are:

• Mist form, Elixir S: These needed the changes because they were pretty RNGish and unresponsive, meaning you had to predict the incoming damage.
  • Renewed focus, one could argue if it needed the buff, but I think it is reasonable, now you dont have to renewed focus just to have F2 available for safety, you can actually save it a bit longer.
  • Mesmer Distortion; well while roaming mesmers didn't really need the change, this change is pretty good for Blob Chrono as it struggled cleansing itself when in danger.

now to notice, all these skill have pretty long cooldown + it doesn't really buff any meta skills except chorno that needed it. Staff ele got also heavy nerfs and this doesn't seem to be big enough change to make up for it.

yeah, a patch to make this game even more ret. HEY ANET why dont give EVERYCLASS PERMA INVUL against everything, so no one ever will die again. cause there is no competitive game mode needed. and while you are doing it PLZ Change the scoreboard of wvw so that is Shows:

Green: FUNBlue: FUNRed: FUN

who Needs warscores. its fun to fun! everybody has won! YAAAY!

There is a difference between "Invulnerable" and "Immune to Damage".Warrior Endure Pain is not an Invulnerable. When you hit a Warr with EP it shows "0". When you hit Engi with Elixir S it shows "Invulnerable".But this is my understanding, ofc i can be wrong.

So it should only affect:

• Distortion on chronos (4th shatter)
  • Renewed focus which is fine because it has 90 second cooldown and is elite skill.
  • Mist form, warranted buff that doesn't make up for DPS nerfs
  • Both Elixir S which needed it especially the passive one

I dont think it changes much, it makes firebrands that play RF capable of saving their renewed focus little longer if they dont have F2 Tome available.

So for example on engineer if i have the passive elixir s traited and i get condi bombed with 12 stacks of torment etc and i enter elixir s form i won't lose health anymore? Like the condis are not effective? Because if i was in elixir s and they condi bomb i was already invuln to condis even before the patch.

@whoknocks.4935 said:So for example on engineer if i have the passive elixir s traited and i get condi bombed with 12 stacks of torment etc and i enter elixir s form i won't lose health anymore? Like the condis are not effective? Because if i was in elixir s and they condi bomb i was already invuln to condis even before the patch.

Yea you wont take damage from condis you already have on you if you're invuln. Basically the trait isn't useless anymore.

@Threather.9354 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:So for example on engineer if i have the passive elixir s traited and i get condi bombed with 12 stacks of torment etc and i enter elixir s form i won't lose health anymore? Like the condis are not effective? Because if i was in elixir s and they condi bomb i was already invuln to condis even before the patch.

Yea you wont take damage from condis you already have on you if you're invuln. Basically the trait isn't useless anymore.

Yeah i never used the passive invuln because i was dead 90% of the times because of it instead of helping me survive xD that trait made me die so many times against scourges when i could easily heal up or do few more attacks and win.

@rng.1024 said:

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:Lemme guess, OP mains warrior.

This change does not affect warrior at all.

Yup ^^

Can't wait to see the rage when people realise this means you can't immob an ele's downstate Vapor Form anymore too..

Ummm yes you can. It just means you can't load them up with damaging conditions and kill them mid mist/vapor form.

@rng.1024 said:

Yup ^^

Can't wait to see the rage when people realise this means you can't immob an ele's downstate Vapor Form anymore too..

I think this is incorrect. Invuln is only going to stop condis from doing damage according to the patch notes, but it doesn't work like resistance so if an ele gets immobilized beforehand, they're going to stay immobilized.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

@rng.1024 said:

Yup ^^

Ummm yes you can. It just means you can't load them up with damaging conditions and kill them mid mist/vapor form.

@rng.1024 said:

Yup ^^

I think this is incorrect. Invuln is only going to stop condis from doing damage according to the patch notes, but it doesn't work like resistance so if an ele gets immobilized beforehand, they're going to stay immobilized.

Thing is for it to only affect damaging conditions, they need to implement an entirely new mechanic that works differently than resistance. Which in turn seems less likely and therefore I read it as the ticks will be ignored instead (since all condition do damage, not necessarily degenerative).

But you both may very well be right, time for some testing! :)

@rng.1024 said:

@rng.1024 said:

Yup ^^

@rng.1024 said:

Yup ^^

Thing is for it to only affect damaging conditions, they need to implement an entirely new mechanic that works differently than resistance. Which in turn seems less likely and therefore I read it as the ticks will be ignored instead (since all condition do damage, not necessarily degenerative).

I rarely see people actually immobilize eles before they can mist form into a gate portal. That said this necro may have made a few eles rage with Dark Pact.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

@rng.1024 said:

@rng.1024 said:

Yup ^^

@rng.1024 said:

Yup ^^

I rarely see people actually immobilize eles before they can mist form into a gate portal. That said this necro may have made a few eles rage with Dark Pact.

They root vapor form or line it as its not an invuln its an evasion. Ppl pop mist form when rooted to live though the bomb or to clear the root if they are build for reg clears.

@Lahmia.2193 said:I rarely see people actually immobilize eles before they can mist form into a gate portal. That said this necro may have made a few eles rage with Dark Pact.

That has a lot to do with the very small window between the downed state invuln where an enemy cannot immob and the ele ability to mist. Mist in the downed state needs a cooldown similar to a Ranger heal, Warrior vengeance, Thief smoke bomb, etc. In turn Grasping Earth should be a stun and immediately available. Or we could just junk the downed state in WvW but that is a topic for another thread.

@rng.1024 said:

Yup ^^

I hadn't even thought about that. I think you can still get CC'd in vapor form since it is different from the utility skill mist form, and isn't a condition, but I wonder if it will ignore immob now.

Archived